The Show off your Regen (Newgen) thread

since i don't like FM 13 , i've been playing a shi* load of FM 12.

No "special" players here but some decent ones.

Been a while since I've posted, so thought I'd put up an update seeing as my game's moved on about 3 years. The values of players seems a bit messes up too, as Santos isn't the highest valued even though it seems like he should be.

View attachment 286561
Yucel Atalay (DMC) Age: 23. From: Mainz. Fee: £10.5M. Value: £9.75M. Just developed into the first team in the last couple of seasons. Combative defensive midfielder that breaks up play well.

View attachment 286562
Dimitri Bourgeois (DC) Age: 20. From: RC Lens. Fee: £1.2M. Value: £4.8M. Young defender currently out on loan to Barcelona gaining first team experience. Great physical stats and a good prospect for the future.

View attachment 286563
Buick (DR) Age: 28. From: Fluminense. Fee: £850K. Value: £22.5M. Value seems very high, but is a very consistent performer at full back. Initially an investment, but no other prospects at full back gave him his opportunity and he's held on to it.

View attachment 286564
Claudio Carrara (ST) Age: 22. From: Inter Milan. Fee: £26M. Value: £19.25M. Still firing in the goals as the backup striker. Continued his brilliant development and loves the Champions League as a competition. Still not at Santos' level but he's certainly getting close. Great target man.

View attachment 286565
Charles (AML) Age: 25. From: Enyimba. Fee: £50K. Value: £14.5M. Still the backup left winger, but his technical stats have improved especially. Great understudy and more than capable of taking the wide man berth when he needs to.

View attachment 286566
Emanuel Effiong (AMR/C) Age: 30. From: Ajax. Fee: £14.5M. Value: £30M. Still the best all rounder in the squad in my eyes. Continues to provide so many goals and assists, it's hard to see when he's going to stop. Despite reaching 30, he's still easily one of the best members of the squad.

View attachment 286567
Lex Frijters (AMC/ST) Age: 26. From: ADO Den Haag. Fee: £1.2M. Value: £25M. Was out on loan in my previous post, but now competes with Jules Meyer for the attacking midfielder spot. Definitely more of a goalscorer than Meyer and that's been very apparent this season.

View attachment 286568
Armando Gentile (DMC) Age: 27. From: Inter Milan. Fee: £2.8M. Value: £32M. Still the little maestro of the team. Bad injury reduced his stats a bit, but he's been working back from that and seems to be back towards his best. Still loves a shot from distance too, and has taken up the captaincy recently too.

View attachment 286569
Junior (DC) Age: 25. From: Atletico Paranaense. Fee: £1.5M. Value: £25.5M. Now taken up a stalwart position at centre half. Scored a good few goals over the last couple of seasons and is a dominant player in the air.

View attachment 286570
Mohamed Kone (AML) Age: 28. From: Lyon. Fee: £4.8M. Value: £34.5M. Still a brilliant player on the wing that tears through defences seemingly at will. Got back to his goalscoring ways with this last season probably being his best so far. Had a bit of an injury so his stats might have reduced a tiny bit.

View attachment 286571
Jakob Lund (DMC) Age: 22. From Brondy. Fee: Free. Value: £11M. Developing youngster who is on the fringe of the first team. Chipped in with a few good long range goals over the last couple of seasons. Good creative player with some good defensive performances too.

View attachment 286572
Leandro Mendez (DC) Age: 28. From: Atlas. Fee: £10.5M. Value: £25M. Another one who's had a couple of niggling injuries, meaning he hasn't played as much as he previously had. Still a dominant defender and working his way back into the team well. Chipped in with a couple of goals too!

View attachment 286573
Jules Meyer (AMC) Age: 26. From: Montpellier. Fee: £5.5M. Value: £19M. Frijters established himself as the form player in the back half of the season with the sheer amount of goals he scored, but Jules has still been a regular first teamer who's contributed a few goals himself and is still the more technical and creative of the two.

View attachment 286574
Federico Redolfi (DC) Age: 25. From: Roma. Fee: £16.5M. Value: £26.5M. Redolfi has had a simply ridiculous season at centre half. He was the Premier League's leading goalscorer early on in the season and finished with 13 in the league. This has meant he's led the centre half partnership with Junior and taken over his set piece scoring mantle.

View attachment 286575
Zoubir Rezig (DL) Age: 25. From: AS Monaco. Fee: £2.9M. Value: £31M. Another little maestro in the team who simply can't be dropped. Speed wise he might have lost a tiny bit, but he's still a quality player and looks like he'll hold the full back position for a very long time. Only scored a couple of goals, but he has chipped in with a good few assists at times!

View attachment 286576
Ricardo Sanchez (DMC) Age: 25. From: Inter Milan. Fee: £4.7M. Value: £25.5M. Developed well at defensive midfield. His wheel doesn't really show how good a player he is - very combative and has a quality free kick on him.

View attachment 286577
Santos (ST) Age: 27. From: Coritiba. Fee: £875K. Value: £29.5M. Well, what can I say? Simply an unreal striker. Goalscoring record hasn't stopped and he now has four consecutive seasons with over 30 goals, taking the golden boot as well. Value is low for some reason, but there really is no stopping Santos - still plenty of years left in him as well. Much more of a poacher than Carrara and it shows.

View attachment 286578
Marc Taylor (GK) Age: 24. From: Southampton. Fee: £1.1M. Value: £6.5M. Now become the first choice goalkeeper with Joe Hart coming to the end of his career. Still young and developing but is a very good goalkeeper. Another where their wheel doesn't show their true value.

Overall, the team is still doing very well and now is fully consisting of newgens with Hart moving towards retirement, Crisetig leaving to go back to Inter for first team football and Hazard ageing. Still extremely happy with the squad and can't really fault it if I'm honest!

wow, buying players for 800k which end up with a value of £30M, amazing. How do you find these players??

Just fortunate scouting really, I've signed plenty of others that turned out nowhere near as good. These are just the ones that made the first team - ensure that I get them scouted as soon as I can when they appear in their leagues and just get fortunate with some.

View attachment 292428

This Mexican's a complete beast.

So far this season (Mid Feb) : 33 matches - 25 Goals & 19 Assists.

6'3" w/ 20 Strength & Work Rate, 19 Determination & Teamwork and all other Physical's 15+

Update : Ended season on 53 matches - 32 Goals & 33 Assists.

English Player of the Year & Runner-up in Europe (behind Messi)

Would've had more goals, but Adam Johnson was injured long term so had to play him on the wing.

Last edited:
Been a while since I've posted, so thought I'd put up an update seeing as my game's moved on about 3 years. The values of players seems a bit messes up too, as Santos isn't the highest valued even though it seems like he should be.

View attachment 286561
Yucel Atalay (DMC) Age: 23. From: Mainz. Fee: £10.5M. Value: £9.75M. Just developed into the first team in the last couple of seasons. Combative defensive midfielder that breaks up play well.

View attachment 286562
Dimitri Bourgeois (DC) Age: 20. From: RC Lens. Fee: £1.2M. Value: £4.8M. Young defender currently out on loan to Barcelona gaining first team experience. Great physical stats and a good prospect for the future.

View attachment 286563
Buick (DR) Age: 28. From: Fluminense. Fee: £850K. Value: £22.5M. Value seems very high, but is a very consistent performer at full back. Initially an investment, but no other prospects at full back gave him his opportunity and he's held on to it.

View attachment 286564
Claudio Carrara (ST) Age: 22. From: Inter Milan. Fee: £26M. Value: £19.25M. Still firing in the goals as the backup striker. Continued his brilliant development and loves the Champions League as a competition. Still not at Santos' level but he's certainly getting close. Great target man.

View attachment 286565
Charles (AML) Age: 25. From: Enyimba. Fee: £50K. Value: £14.5M. Still the backup left winger, but his technical stats have improved especially. Great understudy and more than capable of taking the wide man berth when he needs to.

View attachment 286566
Emanuel Effiong (AMR/C) Age: 30. From: Ajax. Fee: £14.5M. Value: £30M. Still the best all rounder in the squad in my eyes. Continues to provide so many goals and assists, it's hard to see when he's going to stop. Despite reaching 30, he's still easily one of the best members of the squad.

View attachment 286567
Lex Frijters (AMC/ST) Age: 26. From: ADO Den Haag. Fee: £1.2M. Value: £25M. Was out on loan in my previous post, but now competes with Jules Meyer for the attacking midfielder spot. Definitely more of a goalscorer than Meyer and that's been very apparent this season.

View attachment 286568
Armando Gentile (DMC) Age: 27. From: Inter Milan. Fee: £2.8M. Value: £32M. Still the little maestro of the team. Bad injury reduced his stats a bit, but he's been working back from that and seems to be back towards his best. Still loves a shot from distance too, and has taken up the captaincy recently too.

View attachment 286569
Junior (DC) Age: 25. From: Atletico Paranaense. Fee: £1.5M. Value: £25.5M. Now taken up a stalwart position at centre half. Scored a good few goals over the last couple of seasons and is a dominant player in the air.

View attachment 286570
Mohamed Kone (AML) Age: 28. From: Lyon. Fee: £4.8M. Value: £34.5M. Still a brilliant player on the wing that tears through defences seemingly at will. Got back to his goalscoring ways with this last season probably being his best so far. Had a bit of an injury so his stats might have reduced a tiny bit.

View attachment 286571
Jakob Lund (DMC) Age: 22. From Brondy. Fee: Free. Value: £11M. Developing youngster who is on the fringe of the first team. Chipped in with a few good long range goals over the last couple of seasons. Good creative player with some good defensive performances too.

View attachment 286572
Leandro Mendez (DC) Age: 28. From: Atlas. Fee: £10.5M. Value: £25M. Another one who's had a couple of niggling injuries, meaning he hasn't played as much as he previously had. Still a dominant defender and working his way back into the team well. Chipped in with a couple of goals too!

View attachment 286573
Jules Meyer (AMC) Age: 26. From: Montpellier. Fee: £5.5M. Value: £19M. Frijters established himself as the form player in the back half of the season with the sheer amount of goals he scored, but Jules has still been a regular first teamer who's contributed a few goals himself and is still the more technical and creative of the two.

View attachment 286574
Federico Redolfi (DC) Age: 25. From: Roma. Fee: £16.5M. Value: £26.5M. Redolfi has had a simply ridiculous season at centre half. He was the Premier League's leading goalscorer early on in the season and finished with 13 in the league. This has meant he's led the centre half partnership with Junior and taken over his set piece scoring mantle.

View attachment 286575
Zoubir Rezig (DL) Age: 25. From: AS Monaco. Fee: £2.9M. Value: £31M. Another little maestro in the team who simply can't be dropped. Speed wise he might have lost a tiny bit, but he's still a quality player and looks like he'll hold the full back position for a very long time. Only scored a couple of goals, but he has chipped in with a good few assists at times!

View attachment 286576
Ricardo Sanchez (DMC) Age: 25. From: Inter Milan. Fee: £4.7M. Value: £25.5M. Developed well at defensive midfield. His wheel doesn't really show how good a player he is - very combative and has a quality free kick on him.

View attachment 286577
Santos (ST) Age: 27. From: Coritiba. Fee: £875K. Value: £29.5M. Well, what can I say? Simply an unreal striker. Goalscoring record hasn't stopped and he now has four consecutive seasons with over 30 goals, taking the golden boot as well. Value is low for some reason, but there really is no stopping Santos - still plenty of years left in him as well. Much more of a poacher than Carrara and it shows.

View attachment 286578
Marc Taylor (GK) Age: 24. From: Southampton. Fee: £1.1M. Value: £6.5M. Now become the first choice goalkeeper with Joe Hart coming to the end of his career. Still young and developing but is a very good goalkeeper. Another where their wheel doesn't show their true value.

Overall, the team is still doing very well and now is fully consisting of newgens with Hart moving towards retirement, Crisetig leaving to go back to Inter for first team football and Hazard ageing. Still extremely happy with the squad and can't really fault it if I'm honest!

what ****** training do you use. usually my players when they reach over 25 their stats dont go up us much as yours do.

im 4 seasons into my athletic bilbao game and here are a few of the best regens from my last intake

View attachment 293616

this guy i signed from deportivo as all his stats look pretty good and with my training facilities he can become world class,

View attachment 293617

4.5 star potential striker with a high work rate and quite pacey

View attachment 293618

4.5 star potential AMC labelled the next david silva

View attachment 293619

decent looking MC labelled the next marcos senna

View attachment 293620

another half decent looking MC

these guys will get much better as i have noticed with bilbao the regens attributes really improve probably due to my tip top training and youth facilities and i blood them into the first team as i can only play basque players. In my first few seasons i tended to buy all the decent spanish regens but ive noticed bilbao tend to get a couple of 4-5 star guys each year and at least 3 3.5 star players so there is no need to buy regens unless they are really good like floro above

what ****** training do you use. usually my players when they reach over 25 their stats dont go up us much as yours do.

I make sure I fill my quota of coaches, and look for ones with good quality stats and not just a high reputation. Means that each category aside from tactics and the two GK ones are at 4/5 stars, the others being at 3. Keep the workload at medium and ensure training facilities are always the best they can be.

So Grainger, what training scheme are you using? I think i might sweep some Man City Shooting coach later on :)

So Grainger, what training scheme are you using? I think i might sweep some Man City Shooting coach later on :)

View attachment 294969
View attachment 294970
View attachment 294971
View attachment 294972

That's my list of coaches - as I'm in about 2026 or something I've got a lot of ex-players as you can probably tell, but I tend to just search for the coaches with the best attacking/defending stats and then if they've got good man management etc. it's a good bonus. And as I said previously, it doesn't really matter about their reputations.
In terms of schedule: General is pretty much all medium aside from GK areas which are none.
GKs are relatively high on handling and shot stopping; medium on strength, aerobic, tactics and ball control; none on the rest.
Defenders are medium on strength, aerobic, tactics and ball control; none on GK areas; high on defending; light on attacking and shooting.
Midfielders are medium on strength, aerobic, tactics, defending, attacking and shooting; none on GK areas; high on ball control.
Forwards are medium on strength, aerobic, tactics, ball control, attacking; none on GK areas; light on defending; high on shooting.
Not too fussed about conditioning either. Think that's pretty much default, but hope it helps.

Messi was just in there for sentimental reasons (I think I'm allowed one!)

I'll show you Jorjao and Sergio Villagarcia - my best regens imo.
View attachment 303914View attachment 303915
Jorjao - a real monster, especially when he plays against teams such as Cherno more and Kaliakra in Bulgarian Ä Group. :D
Villagarcia is a very interesting player. For me he's a perfect deep laying playmayker, but also he has very nice physical attributes. Also - the argentinian is a born lеader. Maybe he's like Pirlo but with worse flair and better physic. :D When I bought him he was only a promising midfielder.

This lad was a newgen in Roma's Reserves at the end of my first season, he's an absolute beast! 27 years old but brilliant attributes, they had him set as 'not needed' and only asked 975k for him. I can't understand why Roma (a good but not sensational team) wouldn't want this guy, but it worked out for me. Also I think this is the oldest newgen I've come across; can anyone say from experience if stuff like this is common?

Carminati_zps27bb0e93.png