belthazorrrr

Reaction score
I read a post in squawka and i really like this challenge. I am quite successful in FM16 and i was wondering if i can be more successful than SAF

The challenge:

Sir Alex Ferguson Challenge

Over the past couple of seasons one thing we’ve definitely learnt is that Sir Alex Ferguson was a truly special manager. The way he continually rebuilt teams and kept Manchester United challenging with the best in the world is remarkable. Your challenge is to try and emulate the great man and do what what he did.
So first thing you need to do is create a random manager and simulate forward to November 6th and take over the club placed in 19th. This is the scenario that Ferguson was presented with when he took over United 29 years ago. Eventually you’ll ideally manage to achieve what he did but it may take you a bit longer than him.

Fast forward to 6th November at 19th position lying Leicester

View attachment 193097

First thing to do is fixing the staff

View attachment 193096

I hope you ll enjoy my journey :) Belthazor

I put several players transfer listed and even though some of them are playing decent, i didnt have any worthwile offers which sucks

View attachment 192951

Those are my transfers during January window. I really fancy buying Guedes. I have to list Albrighton most likely which sucks

View attachment 192950

This is my future transfers. Moreover Rajkovic didnt want to sign which was dissapointing but i will try to sell Schmeichel and buy him later if i have a good run

View attachment 192949

Decent start so far

View attachment 192947

I really thought Everton was a bad team until i start managing Leicester. It seems like the team needs a total lifting. I am really thinking to sell Vardy aswell even though he is a scoring machine and i really like having high work rate players

I need a good dm, really fancy Maia but i dont like his Jumping/Aerial Reach even though he is a very good player

Last edited:
First season is over. I had a decent run and i won the FA cup. I was lucky i didnt draw any big teams except Liverpool

View attachment 192931

View attachment 192929

View attachment 192928

Already signed Cheryshev. I would like to sign Ighalo and Lucas Leiva asnwell

Quite happy, just saw i will get 40m for transfers, will try to sign Guedes and Maia, maybe Jorge if i manage to sell any players

Last edited:
January transfer window just ended

View attachment 192769

Sold Vardy. He didnt play well and i had in mind to replace him with Ballotelli who is on loan lists. Unfortunately i had already loaned three players. After a week Ighalo got injured, i will be missing him for 2 months which sucks

On the positive side, i was lucky Arsenal transfer listed two very good players Paulista and Wilshere. I missed Mahrez for most of first round who is a very good player but he is back now

View attachment 192767

I am happy because i have nearly finished the most important moves within a year. I would like to buy a very good rb and a striker though

I am not very happy with the season so far but i had a very slow start, something like 2-6-3

I need to take a look at my stuff again. Hopefully, i will be able to approach better staff until the end of season

Edit: worst senario happened, everyone out 4-8 weeks

View attachment 192739

edit2: Guedes injured for 2 weeks aswell. I was playing against Arsenal and pulled off an amazing performance

View attachment 192729

View attachment 192728

I had to play Cheryshev as striker and then Huth

Edit 3: Mahrez injured for 4-5weeks. In a 2 week period 5 key members injured which sucks

Last edited:
First full season review

First full season let me with mixed feelings unfortunately. I began really slow having a 2-6-3 record. Then my team picked up chasing the champions league places but i ended at 9th place. I had many injuries, Mahrez did only 14 appearances while i played in 5 competitions

I lost community shield even though i played much better than Arsenal. I didnt qualify from capital one third round loosing to ManU on penalties while i lost in the fa cup sixth round to Man City

The only positive was the victory in euro cup while i was pulling off an amazing final performance

View attachment 192530

View attachment 192529

I should be happy as i won two cups within two years while taking a team lying at 19th place but i was expecting a better performance the second year. Especially, with the money i spent but my DMCs and Balanta were very prone to errors

View attachment 192528

Some good players are transfer listed again. Camacho is a must sign and i may try to sign Balotelli on loan unless a team will make a bid. I need a good first team DC, DMC and a decent Striker who could play ss aswell. Budget this season is 67.52m and i already signed van der wiel. A second GK aswell

View attachment 192527

View attachment 192526

Summer Transfer Window 2017 Review

It was a very active summer. I managed to sign some amazing players in reasonable amounts. Definitely not Morata level but i am pretty sure i can chase the league now. Waiting Cazares on January aswell. Unfortunately he was injured and couldnt join now

View attachment 192479

On the plus side i have the most amazing start of all seasons winning Tottenham, Real Madrid and Liverpool, adding another cup. Total 3 cups in 2.5 years

View attachment 192480

View attachment 192481

I won easier than the final score indicates. I lost many chances in the first half. Pretty sure if i had a second goal i could pull off a 4+ goal performance

On the negative side i got a really tough Champions Cup draw including Real Madrid, Bayern and Olympiakos. Olympiakos is the worst 3rd team i could get

Amazing fight in my champions league group

View attachment 192416

Bayern - Leicester 3-0
Leicester - Olympiakos 1-1
Leicester - Real 2-2
Real - Leicester 1-1
Olympiakos - Leicester ?

I got equalized from Real and Olympiakos around 89th minute

edit: amazing game, unfortunately football isnt always fair. On the other match Bayern won 3-0

View attachment 192408

Last edited:
2018 January Transfer Window update

I signed Cazares for 11.5m euros. Other than that i am not going to proceed in any other transfers. I had a heartbreaking 4rth place in Champions League but the most heartbreaking issue was

View attachment 192359

who is my favourite player. I was lucky i have signed Cazares. Hopefully he will adjust quickly. Moreover i had a shocking elimination in capital one loosing against Burnley. The amazing new is that my team is lying first THIRTEEN!!! points clear

View attachment 192358

Even when i am loosing, i am loosing in style

View attachment 192357

3 woodworks, 3 clear cut chances against Chelsea away

View attachment 192355

An amazing save so far your doing really well. Im really enjoying this save keep it up

Thank you very much :) I am really curious how much success i will have

Second full season review

View attachment 192290

I won the EPL easily (24points clear) and euro super cup against Real Madrid

View attachment 192289

I had heartbreaking eliminations in Champions Cup Group A and Fa Cup Semi Final

View attachment 192288

I underestimated Burnley and i played with many subtitute players causing a loose in Capital One Cup Fourth Round

I am very happy with the progress of Leicester. I am winning titles on faster pace than i thought. My wonderkids are playing extremely well which is extremely pleasuring

View attachment 192287

SAF comparison

Sir Alex Ferguson took charge 6th November 1986. He won his first League, 6.5 years later, in 1992-1993 season. He won his first title in 1989/90 season,3.5 years later, Fa Cup. Total titles:

Manchester United[250]
· Premier League (13): 1992–93, 1993–94, 1995–96, 1996–97, 1998–99, 1999–2000, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2006–07, 2007–08, 2008–09, 2010–11, 2012–13
· FA Cup (5): 1989–90, 1993–94, 1995–96, 1998–99, 2003–04
· League Cup (4): 1991–92, 2005–06, 2008–09, 2009–10
· FA Charity/Community Shield (10): 1990 (shared), 1993, 1994, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011
· UEFA Champions League (2): 1998–99, 2007–08
· UEFA Cup Winners' Cup (1): 1990–91
· UEFA Super Cup (1): 1991
· Intercontinental Cup (1): 1999
· FIFA Club World Cup (1): 2008

George Kitsios was appointed on 6th November 2015. He won his first League, 2.5 years later, in 2017/2018 season. He won his first title in 1989/90 season,0.5 years later, Fa Cup. Total titles:

2016: Fa cup
2017: Euro Cup
2018: English Premier Division, Euro Super Cup

Site was down for me the last 18 hrs and i couldnt update. I am on 17th February 2019. I will update competitions when i finish. These are my transfer moves so far

View attachment 192284

Third season full review

My most successful season so far couldnt have ended worse. I won English Premier League, Capital one, Fa Cup and Community shield in the same season which is amazing. Unfortunately (?) I reached the Champions League final where i got demolished by Manchester City

View attachment 192186

Shawcross was a huge dissapointment in the second half of the season. I will try to sell him most likely and buy a new rock solid defender

I will sell Jorge and Maia most likely as they ruined my squad's morale through the season. They wanted to leave last summer and they were unhappy most of the time. I am extremely ****** as i was the one who i developed them, if i will get 60m each i will be more than happy to get them out of MY team

Too bad the last match of the season was the Champions League Final. The taste is a bitter one

View attachment 192168

View attachment 192167

View attachment 192166

View attachment 192161

2019: English Premier Division, English Fa Cup, Capital one Cup, English Community Shield

Summer 2019 transfer window update

Very busy transfer market. I decided to sell some key players and buy many younger guys. I will try to have a better squad morale overall. My only goal is to win the title again. I will use the subtitute players more often in Cups and Cl

View attachment 191999

View attachment 191998

Even though i won the community shield again i had a very bad start in EPL. I think the teams are adjusting and they are playing a more counter attack football. I guess i have to tweak my tactic a bit and be more careful

View attachment 191995

I was quite unlucky against Burnley as i had 3 woodworks but conceding 3 goals from counter attacks is unacceptable

Leicester is slowly becoming a world class team but i have a lot of work to do

View attachment 191994

Last but not least i was shocked how many chances Callum Wilson is ruining. He has 0 goals so far which is dissapointing

Last edited:
2020 JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW UPDATE

It is my worst start since my Leicester team became a competitive team. I really thought something is seriously wrong as my players were playing very bad, wasting many chances and conceding 2-3 goals. I had at least 3 matches were i had 3-4 clear cut chances and 2-3 woodworks. I have at least 3 matches where i lost points by late equalizers

I was quite busy in the market because i would like to invest in young players. My scouts are really busy and i signed 3 wonderkids

View attachment 191585

Flavio will be a beast in the near future

View attachment 191584

View attachment 191583

2020 Review

Very bad year. I won Community Shield and Fa Cup but i had a terrible performance in the league. I do blame Rajkovic and i will look for another GK. In the champions cup i made an amazing qualification against Man City but Belotti and Calleri injured. I had to play with 2x 18yrs upfront and i was eliminated by Real Madrid on away goals (2-2)

Not 100% sure how i will proceed in transfer market but Premier League will be the no1 focus next season

View attachment 191520

View attachment 191519

View attachment 191518

2019: English Premier Division, English Fa Cup, Capital one Cup, English Community Shield
2020: English Fa Cup, Community Shield

2020 SUMMER TRANSFER WINDOW

I decided not to do many transfers and give a second chance to Rajkovic. I have my scouts searching for potential wonderkids all over europe. If i manage to be way ahead in league i will sell Zuculini and recall Rios

View attachment 191467

Unfortunately i lost community shield to Man City but i made a good start in League. Plan is to play with first team in League and second team in every other competition

View attachment 191466

View attachment 191465

I tried to sell Cazares, suprisingly noone accepted