sieni

Reaction score
Introduction

Hello there everyone. For a long time now I have wanted to take on a great challenge but somehow it always seemed to pass me by. This time I believe I have found the last bit of motivation to actually get going. The basic idea that I came up with is to upload a database with Spanish lower leagues, choose a team and try to make it all the way to the top. An additional challenge that seems to be very popular is to do this only by using your own youth team. Initially this will also be my goal, since developing my own youth has always been a passion of mine.

I will be trying to update this thread about every ten to twenty games and every time something interesting comes up. Time will tell how quickly this save will evolve as for the time being I have quite a lot of other things at hand besides playing FM. Either way I wish myself luck with trying to make it!

Puente Castro

View attachment 303576
Puente Castro, or El Puente if you will, is a team playing in the Provincial División Grupo 2, which is one of the four groups in the Spanish seventh tier. The media prediction for the team in the first season stands at 13th. The team plays it's home games at El Golpejar which can hold up to 500 spectators.

And then to the challenge itself..!

The Story begins
c7e909027d4250567d7a7883772a31f4.png

After looking at the squad and comparison to the other teams in the league I figured that the media prediction might be a bit off. In almost every classification my team was in or around the top 5 so come the end of the season I would like to be looking at promotion.
6cb6eb9e8e33f0fd58f9651bf65d2f4f.png

One of my most important players at this point
6d8e72ce4baac9b94952f2deadb21a2a.png

I am also very pleased with this central midfielder
105cc9116db62eb1fe9dd57b5fbbd204.png

Tactical decisions
The squad is extremely small, which was of course no surprise. This leaves me with very limited options concerning tactics. At this point I decided to go for a 4-4-1-1 and a flat 4-4-2 as an alternative. In the main tactic Ivan will be my main force in front of goal with Javier Del ferrero and wingers Izan and Urbi supporting the attack. In the 4-4-2 Jorge will be playing next to Ivan (or Rubi) as he possesses most strenght that is crucial in a supportive attackers role, as well as passing. Next a screenshot of my 4-4-1-1 setup.

a3be0e09becfd50ca54dfed317034615.png

The Pre-season
b84e09155073b743e7bcd3088cea68ac.png

The pre season went rather well except for the one and only match played home. Unfotunately the pre-season made us face a couple of injuries taking out Urbi, Luis and Korty all for a couple of weeks. Luckily they will be ready come the start of the season.

The season will start away against Bornense. The hopes are high and everyone's itching to get going. The match itself might prove to be more difficult than we would like but El Puente will try to push through this first challenge with grace. The second game of the season, and the first one for me against the demanding fanbase at El Golpejar, will be probably on of the toughest in the season against a strong Roquetas "B".

Until next time! :$

I#m very interested about your carrer and hope you do it well the next time. I am also amused about Ivan he could become a new spanish international!

Good luck

Ten down - Thirty to go
Ten games down the first season and it's time for the first update on the progress so far. The team is currently sitting firmly on the tird position in the league. The performances have varied quite a bit but at this point defence has been as close to rock solid as anyone would hope, only conceding six goals in the ten games played. Our attack, that was initially labeled as one of the best in the league has so far been a bit disappointing.

The current leaders Marbella "B" are in my book clear favorites for the title this season, so we will probably be pushing for the close second and automatic promotion to the Honor League. At this point the resources for this kind of success are there for the taking, I just havo to find ways to improve the performances of a few players, suck as Ivan who has "only" scored five in the ten games he has played. Here is a screen of the current league table and my best performers rating-wise so far.

83edbd1897cbd833c50e6cdcde1dfe6e.png

0d04d315144dd5c3ce5044cc0f4e5215.png

So far a couple of players have been performing above others and I would like to single out Javier Del Ferrero with an average rating of 7,36. The forward/mihdielder has scored three goals and also contibuted three assists making him the main engine of my attack so far. Here is a screen of his statistics.

e09e6235c89dfafa455890f33b12285c.png

Until next time, hopefully some time tomorrow!

looks likes its going well to me. time to steal first place yet ;)

Hi sounds like a good story so far and im thinking of one allong the same kind of lines but in scotland , but not sure how to upload the screenshots, how do you do this?

Hi sounds like a good story so far and im thinking of one allong the same kind of lines but in scotland , but not sure how to upload the screenshots, how do you do this?

Others may have their own way, but create a 'Screenshots' folder in your SI/FM docs, in game press Ctrl+Alt+(I think either F7, F8, or F9) then they will appear in that folder. You could always try Ctrl+Alt+Print-Screen but then you have t paste it into Paint or Word which i find a pain in the backside as you need to keep switching between that and football manager, whereas my way you can do them all in game then get them later all in one place when you're ready to post them in here.

I found this way as my laptop's Print Screen function does not work. The in game screenshot function works a treat compared anyway.

;)

Last edited:
Others may have their own way, but create a 'Screenshots' folder in your SI/FM docs, in game press Ctrl+Alt+(I think either F7, F8, or F9) then they will appear in that folder. You could always try Ctrl+Alt+Print-Screen but then you have t paste it into Paint or Word which i find a pain in the backside as you need to keep switching between that and football manager, whereas my way you can do them all in game then get them later all in one place when you're ready to post them in here.

I found this way as my laptop's Print Screen function does not work. The in game screenshot function works a treat compared anyway.

;)

Excellent appreciate the reply. wont hijack this thread with my idea as thats not nice

;)

Several valid ways, one mentioned above. I myself take the screenshot using gyazo (although it only works in windowed mode) and simply copy and paste the pictures into the post. Trial and error has been a good learning method for this aswell!

Several valid ways, one mentioned above. I myself take the screenshot using gyazo (although it only works in windowed mode) and simply copy and paste the pictures into the post. Trial and error has been a good learning method for this aswell!

I find it great not needing to be in windowed mode as Football Manager has the strange habit of 'not responding' during progression on my laptop when it is windowed. Also, it means you'll have it automatically saved into your documents so you can crop or scale it at any time without needing to copy and paste it in several different places while trying to get it right. Everyone has different preferences though.

Sorry for going off topic but hope that helps. I'll be keeping an eye on this one. I'll be starting my own similar challenge in England, but I'd like to try a German equivilent.

Half way into the first season!
Twenty games played and it's time for another update on the progress. This one might contain a few typos due to the consumption of beer this day, which is a good thing of course!

As of late the team has been performing exremely well. We have managed to get our attack to work a lot better than in the first ten matches, sitching a few players in the starting lineup and making small tweaks in the tactic itself. I have decided to convert the Advanced Forward into a Poacher to add that extra edge in our attacking play. Unfotunately a few injuries have been making things harder than we would like with Goña, Izan and Del Ferrero being away from the training fields for a couple of weeks each. Fortunately we managed and the injuries occurred at different times. :wub:

The changes worked best as we managed to annihilate Santa Brigada "B", who where third at that point, 6-1 with the help of a fabulous hattrick from our right winger Sergio!
11009ec79e7db0f358c8cc2678fe4e6f.png
'
At this point we have managed to make the top spot in the league our own. This is due both our exceptional performances and a couple of weaker games from Marbella. Here is the current league table for you to view.

eae3c285c1477ef461afb44b85eae1e4.png

And the match results for the past ten games of course! The defeat away against Sierra Nevada was extremely disappointing as we dominated that game probably more than others and still managed to lose. SN had help from the referee who gave away a penalty late in the game.

Player performances have been very pleasing all around. Although Ivan has still been underperforming in my opinion, having only a couple of good games. Overall the performances of Jorge(DLF), Saúl(CD) and Sergio(WGR) have been extremely pleasing and I would like to single out these three players since I haven't yet done that!

Jorge has been our main striking force even though he is playing as a DLF, 10 goals and 2 assists so far this season!
0d732a9516badfab72423123e165a9a3.png

Saúl has been awesome for us in both defence and attacking corners, scoring 4 goals so far!
9bf71f00e8042536ddcdb871932269ce.png

Sergio has been dominant on the right wing for us after replacing Urbi in the starting lineup. So far he has scored 6 and also contibuted 4 assists!

599c21bbd4c6b36177dd56ae2f7e8805.png

We will now look to try and take firm hold of the top position. Either way automatic promotion is looking quite likely at the moment with the third team dragging 15 points behind us already.

I will try to update my progress after ten more games. Keep in touch! :wub:

Financial Update!
A quick financial update et this point. As you can see above we are quite a bit out cold in this field, so don't be expecting any youth facility improvements any time soon! Hopefully the finances will start going in the right direction next season if and when we will make it to the upper division.

da945a6b8e8a399be30829618e9e1c26.png

S01 G30/40

Thirty down - Still going strong!

Thirty games into the season we are still holding onto the top position in the league, by the narrowest of margins. Due to injuries I had to come up with a secondary tactic to use, one without wide players. I fielded a 4-3-3 formation in most of these matches and it worked fabulously! Iván finally got the hang of things and is now at 16 goals this season. Jorge continued his exceptional performances and is at the moment my top goalscorer with 21 bullseyes so far!

3713e296aa95ebcfb87aa3dfa3a27358.png

60e663f7b180ef2e33b3bdfa4cb76f4b.png

As you can see above I had two of my main central midfielders out as well as both left wingers. This led to the decision of offering a contract to one of my grayed out players in the U19! Please welcome Noé! His stats in the physical department are decent and in his first game, a 2-0 victory over Chapela he performed admirably.

883dede4e007571b8fdb44ee32f0922e.png

The game against Chapela was also hilighted with Omar scoring his first goal for Puente Castro, and oh what a beauty it was! This is one for the books and will probably go down as a goal of the season in my opinion, even though it was much due to the opponents poor keeper.
[video=youtube;MGOsYKypfXs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGOsYKypfXs[/video]

Really looking forward to the last ten games of the season. The battle between us and Marbella "B" should be one with fireworks. Hopefully Iván, Jorge and all the lads in my defensive line can keep up their level of performance!

Very interested to see how this goes! good luck with it.

Thanks! Hopefully time will allow me to make progress at a decent rate to keep thing interesting for both myself and others. :>

Thanks! Hopefully time will allow me to make progress at a decent rate to keep thing interesting for both myself and others. :>
Hopefully should, be sure to follow my Market Drayton challenge also :)

S01 G31/40

First step towards promotion

715c69590613cf181026c7a90e4dec9b.png

With nine games left we managed to secure a place in the top six this season after a comfortable 3-0 win against fifth placed Val Miñor. Now we can solely concentrate on beating Marbella "B" in the race for the all mighty title and in the mean time trying to secure a very likely top two finish for automatic promotion.

This month we might also actually make profit for the first time this season! Six days to go things look good and the team will deserve a meal with good Spanish wine if we manage to keep the numbers above freezing temperature!

26b3ed977286b99198d7d4ade67fe7e3.png

Youth!

Our very first youth intake!

Not much to write home about but a couple players that might make it into the senior side to try their skills.

b7cbc91e22d29da87410872877db5fe0.png

Dameco might get a chance as a sub on the right flank if we will ever play a suitable formation.

114f270b414b65e726c2730a5439c4c1.png

De la Calle has decent physical attributes and might get his chance if we face a similar injury crisis as this year.

8af4105feb68aad6a86e46fb2587d9f2.png

According to my assistant Tajeda is the most promising player in this intake.

385adb88eb6f781dfbec09405d10822a.png

Xavier is at the same level as Tajeda, but posesses more versatility as he can play in the middle and left flank. Might also get his chance as a cover.

971219350bfe37594e0d52e0202cca90.png

Promoted!
With incredible six games in hand our team secured promotion to the Honor Leagues! Now we can relax and maby field a few of our new youth to further their development. I will also be looking to giving more starts to my second goalie who has only played four games this season.

f476be0c50452d65e13822e9da41a9e3.png

e74e355aa009c2c96fb4d85b90c6fe3a.png

4396fd931e963a689e79b8ecf2d8ad44.png

8-|

Last edited: