quick question. i had to format my laptop and i am going to reinstall FM 2012. can i select which update do i want while installing??

No, the game will automatically update itself to the latest patch.

I've been playing FM fine on steam for a number of years, all of a sudden the other day when I come to play FM and click the icon it says 'could not connect to the steam network'.
It is not an issue with my internet as I'm using that for other things.
Any ideas what i should do, and can i say goodbye to all my saved data

Hi, Im new to Mac and my steam won't open up because it says its in offline mode, the problem is I can't open it up to change it back, can anyone help me? I tried finding it in the application support but its not there

Help!!!

I have just bought a new computer and I am trying to re-load FM2012 when I try to set up I input the activation code then it goes to retrieve account which I have done numerous times I get an email but I cannot go any further with the installation, what can I do it just will not install the game it is driving me mad! HELP!

I'm on a Mac, and can easily open Steam. However, when I click to play FM12 it just states "Preparing to Launch Football Manager 2012" but nothing really happens? I'm from Denmark, but currently living in London and haven't brought my copy of the game. So I cannot re-install it

Apologies if this has already been mentioned,

Just bought FM12 on Steam and looking to download facepacks, Logos ect...

If I download these files, where do I save them to on my Computer? On prior versions of game I used to just save it within my Football Manager Folder. With Steam, I don't actually seem to have this folder.

Steam support flat out sucks

I sent an email three days ago asking for help regarding issues i have been having that have not been fixed by following the suggestions on the steam website. Three days, to me is a ridiculous amount of time to have to wait for a reply.

I posted in the other crash dump thread here and got no reply either. Since then i have tried just about everything i could find online to try to rid me of the issues but they still persist. I had my doubts about buying this game mainly because i didn't like fm 11 but i never expected to dislike fm 12 because i cannot get the thing to play as it should.

Update Steam

I'm on a Mac, and can easily open Steam. However, when I click to play FM12 it just states "Preparing to Launch Football Manager 2012" but nothing really happens? I'm from Denmark, but currently living in London and haven't brought my copy of the game. So I cannot re-install it

Hi!

I had the same problem. I tried everything that this thread has said. Re-installed the game and it didn´t help until I went to install Steam again. My Mac asked if I wanted to replace this intallation and I did. After the Steam installed it right away started to update Steam. Check updates didn´t do this.

So only thing worked for me was replacing Steam in the Application folder and after installing and updating Steam i managed to start playing again.

Hope this will help all of you and helps coding better Steam program also!

This may not be the place to ask but i really need help, last night i played FM 2012 and i worked a treat.. Now this morning to change a few tactics before this evenings session when i click 'play' through Steam nothing at all happens.

I tried re-installing it but nothing happens, i have looked online but i really dont know what im looking for or how to fix it, i have backed my game up just incase..

Any help would be absolutely great honestly..

This may not be the place to ask but i really need help, last night i played FM 2012 and i worked a treat.. Now this morning to change a few tactics before this evenings session when i click 'play' through Steam nothing at all happens.

I tried re-installing it but nothing happens, i have looked online but i really dont know what im looking for or how to fix it, i have backed my game up just incase..

Any help would be absolutely great honestly..

I have the same problem, it seems there are alot of Mac users experiencing this on the SI forums.
Yet im on a PC and having the same issue...

I was playing FM12 last night when my laptop ran out of juice with the game running. It was late anyways so I just left it and went to bed seeing as I had basically saved the game a few minutes earlier. During that time, I was playing in offline mode. Now, I am at school where they have blocked Steam's internet connection. Fine, I thought. I'll just get it in offline mode and we'll all be good. Nope! Whenever I try to run the game, Steam says "Football Manager 12 Starting" for about one second and then disappears. Of course, FM12 never does run. Any idea on what to do?

My problem with pressing play and nothing working seems to be with the update just released.. i deleted everything and it started straight away,came out of it pressed yes to update (19th April update) and boom it stopped working aswell, im going to try it again and not update steam..

Hi!

I had the same problem. I tried everything that this thread has said. Re-installed the game and it didn´t help until I went to install Steam again. My Mac asked if I wanted to replace this intallation and I did. After the Steam installed it right away started to update Steam. Check updates didn´t do this.

So only thing worked for me was replacing Steam in the Application folder and after installing and updating Steam i managed to start playing again.

Hope this will help all of you and helps coding better Steam program also!

Yeah, tried this and it seems to work. But it would be better if it would just work every time. A bit demanding maybe:)

Football Manager 2012 is running again on Macs. Although there is now an issue where Steam is using around 200% CPU.

When my computer tries to update steam it keeps freezing at 4%, this has been going on for about 3 weeks and its starting to do my head in!
The verifying game cache files was working but now i cant even get into steam at all.
Any help would be apprecitated thanks

When my computer tries to update steam it keeps freezing at 4%, this has been going on for about 3 weeks and its starting to do my head in!
The verifying game cache files was working but now i cant even get into steam at all.
Any help would be apprecitated thanks

Go to your Steam folder and delete everything except for your steamapps folder and Steam.exe.

Go to your Steam folder and delete everything except for your steamapps folder and Steam.exe.

Thanks m8, that seemed to work although now its saying,

Could not connect to steam network
There may be a problem with your internet connection or the steam network.

cant be my internet. Any ideas and thanks for the quick reply Lee