DMF's Max's and Mr.T's
I enjoyed reading their stories

Thats what i learnt, if ur not well known here your story isnt that successful as other even though yours can be better than others

Same my story stuggled for a long time. But if you keep at it and post around the site a bit it gets a few more hits I noticed. For example if you follow stories some people follow you back, just like me and Samilyroy, bigal and Finn.

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

If I was to say my favourite it would probably be Samilyroy's Chelsea story before it got screwed up or maybe The Espanyol story (forgot name sorry :( )

Same my story stuggled for a long time. But if you keep at it and post around the site a bit it gets a few more hits I noticed. For example if you follow stories some people follow you back, just like me and Samilyroy, bigal and Finn.

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

If I was to say my favourite it would probably be Samilyroy's Chelsea story before it got screwed up or maybe The Espanyol story (forgot name sorry :( )

Maybe Mikes?

Yeah same here. I nearly gave up writing the story (but not the challenge) as people didn't seem to be interested. It is only as the story has been around for a while and gone over several pages that people seem to have gained interest. I'm glad I stuck at it as I have inspired others to take on a similar challenge.

Lewis your user title thing is my phrase to say on your thread :O

Copycat :p

Yeah man I dedicated it to you :p

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

there i added your name to it ;)

i think you could list up these suggestions in the first post, so ppl dont need to scroll through this searching for good stories;)

It was just an initial suggestion fella, but you have a good point. It's something to look at

I think it's a good idea but I think people should say why the story is great. I have started to read so many stories but get bored with them. For me it's the stories where people are trying to build a team and take them up the league. Who cares about prem teams unless the manager got them there from the depths.

Another good idea.

The problem I see with this is that people will only look in here for good stories, ignoring maybe a unknown member who has written a good story. Apart from that this is a good idea.

There are currently 591 online users viewing this forum, from which 219 are members. I'm pretty sure at least 1 person will pick up a good story fella.

If we're talking about the best story competition! It has to be deano's brentford.
That made me start up a new Stockport one :) I'm gonna start a story on here when the new patch is out ;) already rit the start of it ;) Took me agess! :p

shootie's florence history is good. A bit long but has an original and attracting setup. Maybe the pmatch by match resulst it's not my prefered style, but it's done well. Not been following it much as desired because of time and getting flu then toothache that is still making me feel quite bad. http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f81/the-art-of-football-made-in-florence-t27390/page9.html#post325678

The Espanyol Royal spanish club is good, too. http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f81/espanyol-the-royal-spanish-sports-club-t24903.html

But the one I enjoy the most, and haven't lost any new post even with flu or toothache is Jake's Cultural Leonesa story. It's updates over long stretches of league: halves and transfer window. He gives a nice view over each piece of time to bring the story to life without pilling results on top of you. Once he's made a full match report that was enjoyable to read. http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f81/...e-backwaters-of-spains-div-2b1-to-t27237.html

sorry i think this is an unfair idea, people who dont get mentioned will feel like ****, this is the sort of reason people end stories so easily, sorry its my opinion, i recommend DMF'S, alex's and samilroys chelsea story

I agree with yoou Joe only one person mentioned one of my stories :(

oh sorry, i actually do recommend yours, good reads, its just because your not a moderator, everyone follows kris story, your stories are some of the best mate, this thread is dumb and max should close this

EDIT: By the way im not saying moderators stories are better, theyre not into that, only max out of the mods is really

oh sorry, i actually do recommend yours, good reads, its just because your not a moderator, everyone follows kris story, your stories are some of the best mate, this thread is dumb and max should close this

EDIT: By the way im not saying moderators stories are better, theyre not into that, only max out of the mods is really

Your missing the concept to it fella. I'm not asking you to miss anyones story... Oh forget it...

There's so many great stories out there, past and present, that it's really hard to pick.

What I would really like to see, however, is some sort of "Hall of Fame", where properly finished stories find a new home.
I mean, once you're done, no one will ever read it again and there's many gems that don't get updates anymore, hence no new comments, hence buried on page 100+.

Personally, I would like to see some great archived stories that are well done and completed what they set out to do (and by that I mean having an end other than "oh, my computer broke and I lost the save" or "I have genital warts and won't have time to update bla bla bla").

Other than that, if people would take the time and rate, or "like" the stories they enjoy it would give the writers a better idea of who's following.

And a big thanks to all the writers of the stories I follow, I won't name names so I won't forget any of them.

If people's stories aren't being recommended please do not take it to heart. It should just be a sign to make it more interesting.

Pompey Dan's is in a league of it's own. I won't direct it as I expect you have all read it. :) Great stuff.

Well, I think this is a good idea.

There are a lot of stories and only so much time to read them. I've picked the ones I follow by gut feeling (except Jake's Cultural, I picked that because I found his FM09 story and loved it), I don't think there's been more then one or two I started and then stopped following. But there sure are a lot of really good stories I've not gotten yet to open and would be fun to follow, so I could use to see someone point them so I can look at them and give them the audience they deserve.

There's a couple stories I've seen that have been ended when the author has felt he had not enough audience, this would help that.So this would be the place where the audience can show that or increase the followers.

This won't make me stop following stories I'm following, just push me to follow some more that I was not following to prevent myself from follow so many that I run out of time for other things.

Also, I agree with Micky Pain's proposals of Hall of Fame and readers taking the second it takes to rate the threads they've read.