The Story of Ernie 'Little Ern' Allan

Sitting pretty considering it is still early days! That youngster could turn out to be decent too!

Sitting pretty considering it is still early days! That youngster could turn out to be decent too!

Cheers mate, hopefully onwards and upwards from here! He looks pretty tasty!

Some hurtful results there but still doing well and although it's early days, playoff stop is great work

If I can make the playoffs this season, I'd be over the moon!

October 2022

1160452d1526221606-story-ernie-little-ern-allan-monthly-banner.jpg

October 2022

Saturday 1st​ October 2022
Sky Bet Championship: Millwall (Home)

Kick-Off: 15:00
Lineup: Forster, Moore, Rice, Watson, Bidwell, Palmer (O’Riley 75), Cash, Margaris, Ngoy, Bolasie, Butic (McAuley 75)

View attachment 48301

This was the best we’ve played since I took over! Very strong performance all round, defensively sound and deadly in attack! Butic bagged an excellent hat trick and when I took him off for the final 15 minutes, McAuley came on for him and scored himself as well! Over 20 chances created, makes the Huddersfield game where we only had 4 shots seem like a distant memory.

Saturday 15th​ October 2022
Sky Bet Championship: Sheffield Wednesday (Home)

Lineup: Forster, Moore, Rice, Watson, Bidwell, Palmer (O’Riley 59), Cash, Ngoy, Margaris, Bolasie (Cooper 59), Butic

View attachment 48300

There are now clear signs that my team are starting to blend after 2 months playing together in my system. This was a big result against 2nd​ placed Sheffield Wednesday who have had a cracking opening 12 games to the season! Butic followed up his hat trick against Millwall with another two here, and he is looking comfortable as the main man up front!

Saturday 22nd​ October 2022
Sky Bet Championship: Bristol City (Away)

Lineup: Forster, Moore, Rice (Bartley 58), Watson, Bidwell, Palmer, Cash, Ngoy, Margaris, Bolasie (Cooper 58), Butic (McAuley 58)

View attachment 48299

Just as I thought we were stringing together a little unbeaten streak, we go and get beat away in Bristol. This was such an open end to end game that could of gone either way. Between the sides they had nearly 40 shots at goal, giving the fans an enthralling game! But it was City who came out on top after taking their chances better than us!

Saturday 29th​ October 2022
Sky Bet Championship: Hull (Away)

Lineup: Raven, Walker-Peters, Bartley, Rice, Bidwell, Palmer, Cash, Ngoy, Margaris, Bolasie, Butic

View attachment 48298

A good point away from home against a very good Championship side! We’ll take that, although on the balance of play, we probably could have even nicked the win.

We maintain 4th​ position throughout October, although it does look like the top 3 are pulling away slightly. As we look over our shoulders there are no less than 7 clubs within 4 points of us, so it’s all still very tight.

View attachment 48297

Player of the Month: Julien Ngoy

View attachment 48296

Karlo Butic picks up the Championship Player of the Month!
View attachment 48295

We have an interesting November coming up as we take on local rivals Brentford, before a trip to the Ricoh to take on my old club, Coventry….I wonder what sort of welcome I’ll get there – I would hope a ****** good one! We’ll also come up against East Anglian rivals Ipswich and Norwich after that!

View attachment 48294

November 2022

November 2022

Tuesday 1st​ November 2022
Sky Bet Championship: Brentford (Home)

Kick-Off: 19:45
Lineup: Raven, Walker-Peters, Bartley, Rice, Bidwell, Palmer, Cash, Ngoy, O’Riley, Bolasie, Butic

View attachment 48189

As far as the fans are concerned, this was by far my most important game in charge so far! We took on our bitter rivals Brentford and both sides displayed some awesome attacking football in a match which ended 4-4!! However, they will be a lot happier than we are, as twice we threw away 2 goal leads! This is definitely a case of 2 points dropped as we really should have won this game. Oh, and we missed a ****** penalty!

Saturday 5th​ November 2022
Sky Bet Championship: Coventry City (Away)

Lineup: Forster, Rice, Bartley, Watson, Da Silva-Lopes, Traore, Bidwell, Dumaka (Margaris 70), O’Riley, Butic (McAuley 75), Cooper (Roberts 45)

View attachment 48188

A switch back to the 3-3-2-2 formation for my return to Coventry worked a treat as we romp to a comfortable 3-0 victory! Based on that game, my old club will struggle to avoid relegation this year and it looks like I made the right move coming to Fulham at the start of the season. Right wing back, Leonardo Da Silva-Lopes returned to the starting lineup and was superb, bagging a goal and setting another one up as well!

Kyle Walker-Peters will miss up to 6 weeks of action with a sports hernia.

View attachment 48187

Saturday 19th​ November 2022
Sky Bet Championship: Ipswich Town (Home)

Lineup: Forster, Rice, Bartley, Watson, Da Silva-Lopes, Traore, Bidwell, Dumaka (Margaris 63), O’Riley, Butic, Cooper (McAuley 63)

View attachment 48186

We really are struggling for consistency at the moment. Don’t get me wrong, we are not being beat very often but it’s the football I’m looking at. We can go from playing some great stuff and dominating one minute, to then having half hour where we seem to hardly touch the ball. Very strange….I was used to be pretty much on top for 90 minutes in most games for Coventry, but life at Fulham so far is very, very different.

Tuesday 22nd​ November 2022
Sky Bet Championship: Blackburn Rovers (Away)

Kick-Off: 19:45
Lineup: Forster, Moore, Bartley, Watson, Da Silva-Lopes, Traore, Bidwell, Dumaka (Cash 45), O’Riley, Butic, Roberts

View attachment 48185

This was a game I expected us to win against newly promoted Blackburn….and we did pretty comfortably in the end. We outplayed them and created more chances and on another day we could have had 4 or 5 goals. They struggled to create anything clear cut and are another team I would expect to be battling to stay up come the end of the season based on that performance.

Saturday 26th​ November 2022
Sky Bet Championship: Norwich City (Away)

Lineup: Forster, Moore, Bartley, Watson (Macey 77), Da Silva-Lopes, Traore, Bidwell, Dumaka (Cash 45), O’Riley, Roberts, McAuley (Cooper 65)

View attachment 48184

Tyler Roberts is in great goalscoring form at the moment and continued in that vein today with a fabulous hat trick…..and he could have had 4 as he missed a penalty as well! I have to admit I wasn’t expecting Norwich away to be such an easy game for us, but we pretty much walked all over them.

19 year old centre back Lewis Macey was handed his debut in the Norwich game. With the game all wrapped up, I decided to bring the youngster on for the final 15 minutes! He held his own in the final stages of the game and ensured we kept that clean sheet!

View attachment 48183

Introducing Lewis Macey, a product of the Fulham academy.

View attachment 48182

Since Norwich dropped out of the Premier League in 2015/16, they have been really poor in the Championship only managing 1 top 10 finish in the past 6 seasons!

View attachment 48181

We’re hit by a couple of injuries at the end of the month as we lose both Matty Palmer and Glen McAuley for a couple of weeks.

View attachment 48180

View attachment 48179

Although we finish the month in 4th​ again, there has been progress this month. Firstly, we were unbeaten for the whole month, first time since I arrived! Second, we have joined that top 3 that were pulling away and created a gap of 5 points down to 5th​ placed Bristol City! Coventry are right in amongst the relegation places but still have plenty of hopes of surviving with things so tight down at the bottom.

View attachment 48178

Player of the Month: Matt O’Riley

View attachment 48177

As I look ahead to December, the first thing I’m pleased to see is that we don’t have a ridiculously busy Christmas schedule which is good! The games against Reading, Portsmouth and Sheffield United are likely to be tough with all three clubs sitting on the verge of the playoffs. Palace is always a tough place to go as well, so next month could be really significant in whether we are good enough to challenge for the league title this year. If we come through the month with some good results then we can go into the new year feeling like we have a shot. However, it could just as easy go the other way and we could find ourselves dropping away from the top 3 very quickly with a run of bad results! Either way, I’m looking forward to it as I start to enjoy my job at Fulham more and more by the day!

View attachment 48176

December 2022

December 2022

Saturday 3rd​ December 2022
Sky Bet Championship: Reading (Home)
Lineup: Forster, Moore, Bartley, Watson (Macey 82), Da Silva-Lopes, Traore, Bidwell, Dumaka, O’Riley, Roberts (Holden 58), Margaris

View attachment 48149

Now we’re rocking! We kick off December with a cracking home victory against playoff challengers Reading. Not only does the win extend our unbeaten run to 7 games, but it also lifts us to 3rd​ in the table, as we overtake Sheffield Wednesday after their loss to Birmingham.

19 year old striker Joel Holden came off the bench to make his debut for the club against Reading. Another potential talent for the future as I continue to try introducing some of my youngsters to first team action here and there.

View attachment 48148

Joel Holden everybody….. Could he and Andrew Cooper be the future front line of this club?

View attachment 48147

The draw for the FA Cup 3rd​ round took place and we’ve been handed a home tie against League One’s Swindon Town. I played Swindon 3 times last season as Coventry manager and we beat them on all 3 occasions (1-0, 4-2 and 3-0).

View attachment 48146

Just before we take on Portsmouth in the league, the analysis on their last game is sent over! Looks like they had a right ding dong battle with Sheffield Utd and were 4-3 down going into the final minutes of the game….before 87th​ and 89th​ minute goals nicked the win for them! We’ll have to keep our concentration up for the full 90 minutes in this one!

View attachment 48145

It’s match day and the team sheets are released…..look who’s up top for Pompey! Roarie Honesty cracked in plenty of headed goals for me at Coventry, with his 6ft 5” stature and Portsmouth have taken him on loan this season from Chelsea. I quickly change my opposition instructions to close down the wingers in order to keep their crosses coming into the box at a minimum!

View attachment 48144

Saturday 10th​ December 2022
Sky Bet Championship: Portsmouth (Home)

Lineup: Forster, Moore, Bartley, Watson, Da Silva-Lopes, Traore, Bidwell, Dumaka (Cash 31), O’Riley, Roberts (Holden 73), Margaris

View attachment 48143

We had all the possession in this one recording 64% as we controlled the game. However, it was Portsmouth who took the lead completely against the run of play! But my boys kept their heads and fought their way back into the game by half time. In the second half, we pushed on and a rare goal from right wing back Leonardo Da Silva-Lopes secured all 3 points for us!

My tactic to push on to their wingers worked as we limited them to 17 crosses in the match, of which they only completed 3…..meaning Roarie Honesty had a very quiet game for them! In comparison, we had 37 crosses, but the passing was the real difference today as we completed 87% of 778 passes, against Portsmouth’s 67% of 453!

View attachment 48142

Central midfielder, Promise Dumaka, picked up an injury in the Pompey game which will keep him out for a month.

View attachment 48141

The Portsmouth result extends our unbeaten run to 8 games as we look to end 2022 on a high.

View attachment 48140

As we approach the Palace game, it’s pretty obvious who their danger man is! First priority, keep Zaha quiet!

View attachment 48139

Saturday 17th​ December 2022
Sky Bet Championship: Crystal Palace (Away)

Lineup: Forster, Moore (Rice 90), Bartley, Watson, Da Silva-Lopes, Traore, Bidwell, Cash, O’Riley, Roberts (Butic 72), Margaris

View attachment 48138

I have to admit that after this game, I struggle to see why Palace are languishing down in 14th​ place in the table! They were one of the best sides we have played against this season and I would definitely expect a resurgence in the 2nd​ half of the season and tip them to make the playoffs. Which is what makes this win, away from home, even sweeter, as my boys can come away knowing that we’ve got a very good result against a very good side here!

Having only been with Fulham for 5 or 6 months, I’m already linked with a Premier League job. Bournemouth is the club in question after Eddie Howe is sacked following 10 years in charge! I quickly distance myself from the job as I’m enjoying my team at Fulham and with us flying high in the league, I’m starting to dream of a Championship title as a real possibility now! It would be great to add the Championship to my League One and League Two titles with Coventry!

View attachment 48137

Just days after refuting the Bournemouth job, I’m linked with another Premier League club in Stoke City. Again, I quickly distance myself and demonstrate my loyalty to Fulham.

View attachment 48136

Monday 26th​ December 2022
Sky Bet Championship: Bristol Rovers (Away)

Lineup: Forster, Rice, Bartley, Watson (Sessegnon 45), Da Silva-Lopes, Traore, Bidwell, Cash, O’Riley, Roberts, Margaris (Butic 45)

View attachment 48135

We played out a 3-3 draw with Rovers on the opening day of the season, a game that we really should have won! And again here, we lost when we really should of won. We had 18 shots on goal and 4 clear cut chances, but failed to put the ball in the back of the net and Bristol Rovers nick an undeserved win off us! Disappointing stuff!

Saturday 31st​ December 2022
Sky Bet Championship: Sheffield United (Home)

Lineup: Forster, Rice, Bartley, Watson, Da Silva-Lopes, Traore, Bidwell, Cash, O’Riley, Roberts (McAuley 89), Margaris (Cooper 60)

View attachment 48134

Another disappointing day for our strikers as we struggle to find the back of the net again. The performances are good and we are dominating matches, but without scoring we can’t win games. We end the year on a bore draw.

Tyler Roberts will miss the opening 5 or 6 weeks of 2023 with an injury sustained in the Sheffield United game.

View attachment 48133

The media must have heard me bigging up Crystal Palace earlier in the month as they link me with the vacant manager’s job! However, I quickly dismiss it and distance myself from the role.

View attachment 48132

We finish the year in 3rd​ position, but have a decent platform to build from in 2023. We are 5 points off top spot, but more importantly, we are a good 8 points clear in the playoff spots and if we can make the playoffs this season I’ll be very happy! Good to see my old club Coventry have lifted themselves out of the relegation places as well.

View attachment 48131

Player of the Month: Matty Cash

View attachment 48130

We will take on both of the top two, Middlesbrough and Wolves in January! Also, we’ll have the 3rd​ round of the FA Cup to tackle against Swindon.

View attachment 48129

Your going to make it to the Premier League in record time! 10 leagues in 4 ish seasons!

Your going to make it to the Premier League in record time! 10 leagues in 4 ish seasons!

We've put ourselves in a good position to make at least the playoffs that's for sure. Hopefully we can keep it up til the end of the season!

GUTTED!

I'M SO SORRY TO EVERYBODY THATS BEEN FOLLOWING THIS STORY BUT MY GAME KEEPS CRASHING EVERY TIME I REACH THE END OF JANUARY, SO IT LOOKS LIKE IT COMES TO AN END HERE!

I'M ABSOLUTELY GUTTED AS WHAT I'VE ACHIEVED ON THIS SAVE HAS BEEN SO MUCH MORE THAN I COULD EVER HAVE HOPED FOR AND I WAS ABSOLUTELY LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT, AND WAS REALLY KEEN TO SEE HOW FAR I COULD GO!

I DON'T THINK I CAN GO THROUGH BUILDING CAREER FROM THE VERY BOTTOM AGAIN AND WORKING MY WAY UP, SO I'VE COME UP WITH A SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT TYPE OF CHALLENGE THAT WILL SEE ME TACKLE THE ELITE TEAMS IN HOLLAND! PLEASE FORGIVE ME AND I HOPE I WILL SEE YOU ALL OVER ON MY NEW STORY BELOW....

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...372876-ernie-allan-takes-dutch-challenge.html

GUTTED!

I'M SO SORRY TO EVERYBODY THATS BEEN FOLLOWING THIS STORY BUT MY GAME KEEPS CRASHING EVERY TIME I REACH THE END OF JANUARY, SO IT LOOKS LIKE IT COMES TO AN END HERE!

I'M ABSOLUTELY GUTTED AS WHAT I'VE ACHIEVED ON THIS SAVE HAS BEEN SO MUCH MORE THAN I COULD EVER HAVE HOPED FOR AND I WAS ABSOLUTELY LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT, AND WAS REALLY KEEN TO SEE HOW FAR I COULD GO!

I DON'T THINK I CAN GO THROUGH BUILDING CAREER FROM THE VERY BOTTOM AGAIN AND WORKING MY WAY UP, SO I'VE COME UP WITH A SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT TYPE OF CHALLENGE THAT WILL SEE ME TACKLE THE ELITE TEAMS IN HOLLAND! PLEASE FORGIVE ME AND I HOPE I WILL SEE YOU ALL OVER ON MY NEW STORY BELOW....

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...372876-ernie-allan-takes-dutch-challenge.html

Same happened to me with my Leverkusen story when the game first came out, really annoying when that happens :( will be following your Dutch story though! :)

Same happened to me with my Leverkusen story when the game first came out, really annoying when that happens :( will be following your Dutch story though! :)

I'm going to do rotating saves on that one with the 3 file save option every 2 weeks automatically. That way, hopefully I should have a backup in case this happens again.....assuming it's a corrupt save file that is!

The coolest story on here at the moment as well! :( Still, will see what your Dutch story is like.

The coolest story on here at the moment as well! :( Still, will see what your Dutch story is like.

I really appreciate that mate! Well hopefully you'll feel the same way about my Dutch one as I'll be keeping the same sort of format

Gutted for you mate but I'll be switching over to the Dutch story riiiiiigggghhht abouuuuutttttt NOW!

interesting story TheNotSoSpecialOne keep it up best off luck for your carrier