The Story of Ernie 'Little Ern' Allan

I had Cole Dasilva on my FC United save, albeit back on FM16. He was good for me then, hope hes as good a catch for Coventry!

I had Cole Dasilva on my FC United save, albeit back on FM16. He was good for me then, hope hes as good a catch for Coventry!

Cheers mate. I'm blessed with two cracking full backs in Grimmer and Haynes so he'll mainly play as a backup to start, but I'm always willing to reward good performances with a run in the first team, so there's every chance for him to work his way into my starting 11.

August 2021

1160452d1526221606-story-ernie-little-ern-allan-monthly-banner.jpg

August 2021

The draw for the Checkatrade Trophy groups has been made and being a League One side this year means that ‘on paper’ we have an easier draw against two sides from League Two and Swansea’s U23s who we knocked out of the competition last season! I’ll be using this trophy to rotate the squad just as I did last year!

View attachment 49492

I’m linked with the Rotherham job, who were promoted to the Championship last season. Although it would be a step up a league, Rotherham are definitely seen as a smaller club than Coventry and I have no interest in stepping up to fight off relegation all season!

View attachment 49491

Our first game of the season against Swindon will be my 200th​ in management and I’ve already got a bit of a biography building up!

View attachment 49490

Saturday 7th​ August 2021
Sky Bet League One: Swindon (Home)

Kick-Off: 15:00
Lineup: Thompson, Sibbick, Poole, Goode, Grimmer, Batty, Haynes (Dasilva 68), Preston, Camps (Whitfield 61), Grigg (Campbell 61), Honesty

View attachment 49489

The perfect way to start the season, the perfect way to mark my 200th​ game in management! With a solid 1-0 home win. I’m delighted to start the new campaign with a victory over what was a top 10 side last season in this division (albeit only just).

Several players made their debuts for us on the opening day of the season!

View attachment 49488

Promotion has managed to bring a couple of hundred extra season ticket holders to the club.

View attachment 49487

Bradford come knocking at the door with a £170k offer for Ryan Haynes, which I quickly reject! They will have to pay four times that before I even consider.

View attachment 49486

Wednesday 11th​ August 2021
Carabao Cup 1st​ Round: Swindon (Home)

Kick-Off: 19:45
Lineup: Thompson, Sibbick, Poole (Willis 60), Goode, Grimmer, Batty, Haynes, Preston (Wright 74), Camps, Campbell (Grigg 60), Honesty

View attachment 49485

This was a much more entertaining spectacle for the fans than the weekend league game. It’s a shame there were only about 4,000 of them in compared to the 12,000 on Saturday. Swindon made us work a lot harder for this win, but we got over the line in the end, just about avoiding extra time when Roarie Honesty and Will Grigg bagged late goals to seal our passage to the 2nd​ round.

Not exactly the draw we wanted in the next round. We’ll head to London to take on The Hammers.

View attachment 49484

Saturday 14th​ August 2021
Sky Bet League One: Luton (Away)

Lineup: Thompson, Sibbick, Poole, Goode, Grimmer, Batty, Dasilva, Preston (Whitfield 74), Wright, Campbell, Honesty (Grigg 74)

View attachment 49483

Luton had recorded the biggest win on the opening day of the season and so were top of the table coming into this. However, that didn’t stop us putting them in their place as we recorded an excellent 3-0 win at their ground. Already, it looks like my defence will play a massive part in any success we have again this season.

Saturday 21st​ August 2021
Sky Bet League One: MK Dons (Away)

Lineup: Thompson, Sibbick (Willis 65), Poole, Goode, Grimmer, Batty, Haynes, Preston, Camps, Campbell (Grigg 65), Honesty

View attachment 49482

MK Dons completely outplayed us in the 1st​ half of this game, but somehow we found ourselves 3-1 up at the break. Roarie Honesty was bang on form, scoring all 3 chances in the first 45 minutes…..and to be honest they were our only 3 chances as a team! In the second half, I went defensive in an attempt to protect the lead, which is something I don’t normally like to do, but the Dons had played some good stuff and I felt if we kept the same setup we’d concede at least 1 or 2. As it happened, the tactical change didn’t make much difference and we still weren’t very competitive in the 2nd​ half, and MK Dons piled on the pressure and got the two goals back to level things up! Still, despite throwing a 2 goal lead, I have to walk away from this one pleased with a point as we definitely didn’t deserve it!

Tuesday 24th​ August 2021
Carabao Cup 2nd​ Round: West Ham (Away)

Lineup: Burge, Sibbick, Poole (Campbell 71), Goode, Grimmer (Dasilva 106), Batty, Haynes, Preston, Camps (Wright 106), Grigg, Honesty

View attachment 49481

As they did last season, my team do themselves proud against Premier League opposition! It took a strong West Ham side extra time to beat us and even then they needed a bit of luck as poor Toby Sibbick scored an unfortunate own goal as the ball cannoned off him into our net from a Hammers cross. We can walk again feeling unlucky, but certainly proud of ourselves.

Saturday 28th​ August 2021
Sky Bet League One: Oxford United (Home)

Lineup: Burge, Sibbick, Poole, Goode, Grimmer, Willis (Batty 45), Haynes, Preston, Wright (Camps 63), Campbell (Grigg 63), Honesty

View attachment 49480

After coming up with us last season, Oxford had made an awful start to the new campaign and were bottom of the league coming into this. In no uncertain terms, I told my lads I expected a win before the game. Now despite being the better team, it looked like they weren’t going to deliver the result I expected, but when Oxford went down to 10 men, we completely overpowered them in the last 25 minutes, banged in 3 goals and won comfortably in the end.

Tuesday 31st​ August 2021
Checkatrade Trophy Group Stage: Northampton (Home)

Lineup: Thompson, Davies, Poole, Goode, Grimmer (Kelly-Evans 74), Donohue, Dasilva, Whitfield (Douch 61), Wright, Campbell, Ahearne-Grant

View attachment 49479

The usual Checkatrade rotation was applied, which gave starts to Thompson, Davies, Donohue, Dasilva, Whitfield and Ahearne-Grant. The lads who came in all gave a decent enough performance but weren’t able to hold onto the early 1-0 lead and we kick off our group with a draw. However, it’s Northampton who take the bonus point after winning the penalty shootout.

18 year old Kevin Douch is a player that has come through our youth and after a good season out on loan at Welling last year, I decided to promote him to the senior squad this season with a view to giving him some game time. He came off the bench against Northampton to make his debut for the club and did OK.

View attachment 49478

View attachment 49477

An unbeaten start to the season sees us sitting 2nd​ in the table after the opening 4 games. We share 10 points with Gillingham, Bolton and Fleetwood.

View attachment 49476

Player of the Month: Roarie Honesty

View attachment 49475

Roarie Honesty also picked up the League Two award for Player of the Month too!

View attachment 49474

Five league games coming up next month! It’s hard to tell at this stage of the season which games are expected to be tougher based on league positions, but I’m certainly expecting challenging matches with Scunthorpe and Blackpool for sure.

View attachment 49473

September 2021

September 2021
Saturday 4th September 2021
Sky Bet League One: Bristol Rovers (Away)

Lineup: Burge, Sibbick, Poole, Goode, Grimmer, Batty (Wright 53), Haynes, Whitfield, Preston, Campbell (Ahearne-Grant 53), Honesty

View attachment 49383

Our unbeaten start to the season comes to an abrupt end as Rovers smash us all over the park. We were outplayed in every area in this game. Simply not good enough!

Saturday 11th September 2021
Sky Bet League One: Oldham (Home)

Lineup: Thompson, Sibbick, Davies, Goode, Grimmer, Batty, Haynes (Dasliva 65), Preston, Camps, Grigg, Honesty (Campbell 65)

View attachment 49382

We follow up the disappointing result against Rovers, with a poor draw against an Oldham side who currently sit in the bottom 4. September has not started well.

Backup utility player Dion Donohue will miss 6 weeks of action with not just one hernia, but two!

View attachment 49381

Saturday 18th September 2021
Sky Bet League One: Exeter (Away)

Lineup: Thompson, Sibbick, Davies, Goode, Grimmer, Batty, Haynes, Preston (Whitfield 70), Camps, Grigg (Ahearne-Grant 56), Honesty (Campbell 70)

View attachment 49380

September was quickly turning into a nightmare of a month as we lost again. This was a close game, but our best pieces of play only resulted in half chances in front of goal. On the flip side, Exeter were much more precise in the final third, created better chances and took them well as they get a good home win against us.

Saturday 25th September 2021
Sky Bet League One: Scunthorpe (Home)

Lineup: Burge, Willis, Poole, Goode, Grimmer, Batty, Haynes, Preston, Camps, Grigg, Honesty

View attachment 49379

Back to winning ways after 3 games without one! We were much, much better in this game and fully deserved the 3 points. Roarie Honesty was back in top form, banging in a hat trick after failing to score in his last 4 games.

Tuesday 28th September 2021
Sky Bet League One: Blackpool (Away)

Lineup: Burge, Willis, Poole, Goode, Grimmer, Batty, Haynes, Preston, Camps, Grigg, Honesty

View attachment 49378

This result might have just saved September from being a truly dreadful month as we finish off with back to back wins. I was expecting more from Blackpool if I’m completely honest, but we coped with them really well and the result was never really in doubt as we simply outclassed them on the day. Roarie Honest certainly seems to be back in form as he scored another 2.

Back to back wins at the end of the month really did save our month and after dropping down to 11th​, we actually finish September just inside the playoff spots. Things are very tight at the stage of the season though and a couple of wins or losses could see you quickly rise up or slide right down the table.

View attachment 49377

Player of the Month: Roarie Honesty

View attachment 49376

5 goals in his last 2 games were enough for Roarie Honesty to pick up the League Two Young Player of the Month.

View attachment 49375

Next month throws up 6 league games and another group game in the Checkatrade Trophy. In the league, we’ll take on mostly teams from the bottom half of the league. However, I still expect a tough game from Blackburn despite their disappointing start to the season. We’ll also come up against AFC Wimbledon, who enticed Jack Marriott their way in the Summer, with the striker opting to join them over us.

View attachment 49374

Marriott has done alright for AFC Wimbledon so far as well, getting himself 3 goals and 4 assists in 9 league games. We definitely missed out on a good player there!

View attachment 49373

Shame missing out on Marriott, but hopefully your squad will have enough to achieve your targets!

Shame missing out on Marriott, but hopefully your squad will have enough to achieve your targets!

I hope so because there is no ****** money to improve the squad in January if not lol!

Little bit of a wobble but still doing very well for a newly promoted team with no money! KIU

September 2021

October 2021

Saturday 2nd October 2021
Sky Bet League One: Blackburn Rovers (Home)

Lineup: Burge, Sibbick, Poole, Goode (Davies 64), Grimmer, Batty, Haynes, Preston, Camps (Wright 64), Grigg, Honesty (Campbell 64)

View attachment 49338

I mentioned at the end of last month that I was expecting a challenging game against Blackburn and it certainly proved to be that! They were really good and I can’t believe they have played this well all season or there is no way they would be languishing in the bottom half. Sibbick comes in for a tired Willis and had a poor game….in fact, when he has played this season, he really hasn’t impressed so far. Before long, words will need to be had!

Tuesday 5th October 2021
Checkatrade Trophy Group Stage: Yeovil Town (Away)

Lineup: Thompson, Davies, Poole, Goode, Grimmer, Batty, Dasilva, Wright, Camps (Whitfield 56), Grigg (Ahearne-Grant 56), Campbell

View attachment 49337

I give some of the fringe players a chance to shine and they completely let themselves and me down. A poor performance against another League Two side and we will struggle to qualify from our group now in the Mickey Mouse cup.

Saturday 16th October 2021
Sky Bet League One: AFC Wimbledon (Home)

Lineup: Burge, Willis, Poole, Goode, Grimmer, Batty, Haynes, Whitfield, Camps, Grigg, Honesty

View attachment 49336

Disappointing to draw in the end. We fought back from 1-0 down at the break to go 2-1 in front in the 2nd​ half, only to go and concede a 90th​ minute equalizer from them. Hard result to take against a Wimbledon side who are doing well this season.

We will take on non-league Gateshead in the first round of the FA Cup next month.

View attachment 49335

Tuesday 19th October 2021
Sky Bet League One: Wycombe (Away)

Lineup: Burge, Willis, Poole (Sibbick 70), Goode, Grimmer, Batty, Haynes, Whitfield, Wright, Grigg (Ahearne-Grant 70), Honesty

View attachment 49334

Brilliant, brilliant performance. Not quite sure where it came from as our form has been pretty indifferent lately, but I’ll take a big win like this any day! Wycombe weren’t even that bad to be fair to them, we were just very, very good! Josh Wright scored the pick of the goals with a wonderful long range effort which smashed into the bottom corner of the net.

Saturday 23rd October 2021
Sky Bet League One: Lincoln City (Home)

Lineup: Burge, Willis, Poole, Goode, Grimmer, Batty, Haynes, Preston, Wright, Grigg, Honesty

View attachment 49333

Lincoln are struggling down in the relegation places, so coming into this on a high after a 4-0 win, I full expected us to get another result here. And the lads delivered, although the scoreline could easily have been at least another 4-0 after we dominated from start to finish. But I’ll take 2-0 and another 3 points which moves us back up into the playoff spots again.

Jordan Willis will miss the next couple of weeks with injury. That means Toby Sibbick is coming back into the team and whenever he plays, we concede goals!

View attachment 49332

Tuesday 26th October 2021
Sky Bet League One: Shrewsbury Town (Away)

Lineup: Burge, Sibbick, Poole, Goode, Grimmer, Batty, Haynes, Preston, Wright, Grigg, Honesty

View attachment 49331

This was a pretty even game for an hour and a bit and with the score at 1-1 it really looked like it could go either way! And then in the final 25 minutes, we were absolutely rampant and hammered home 4 goals to record another big away win! The Shrewsbury fans were leaving the ground stunned at the collapse they’d just witnessed from their team, whilst ours left in a fairly upbeat mood ;-)

Saturday 30th October 2021
Sky Bet League One: Gillingham (Away)

Lineup: Burge, Davies, Poole, Goode, Grimmer, Batty, Haynes, Preston, Wright, Grigg, Honesty

View attachment 49330

Both sides came into this game in good form off the back of 3 straight wins, so it was tough to call at kick off which way this could go. But it was us that continued our unbeaten run and brought a rapid end to Gillingham’s. Will Grigg continued his excellent goalscoring form this month with another 2 goals, bringing his League One tally this season to 12.

The league table is extremely tight at the top with only 3 points separating 1st to 7th, and we are right in the mix at the moment. This is more than I could have possibly hoped for 15 games into the season, but I’m not getting ahead of myself just yet….there’s still a long way to go.

View attachment 49329

Player of the Month: Will Grigg

View attachment 49328

November’s fixture list will see a couple of cup games and if we want to progress in the Checkatrade Trophy, the game against Swansea U23s is a must win. Five league games as well in November offer up games against some ex-Premier League clubs in the form of Sunderland, Bradford City and Charlton.

View attachment 49327

Last edited:
October 2021

November 2021

The Bristol City job comes up after Kenny Jackett is sacked as manager. I am immediately linked with the position and I have to admit the Championship club does interest me. I refuse to dismiss the speculation in a press conference which gets the rumour mill going. I won’t be applying for the job as I’m quite happy at Coventry, but if Bristol come in to offer me an interview, I’ll be attending.

View attachment 49275

Wednesday 3rd November 2021
Sky Bet League One: Sunderland (Home)

Lineup: Burge, Davies, Poole, Goode, Grimmer, Batty, Haynes, Preston, Wright, Grigg, Honesty

View attachment 49274

Simply put, Sunderland are far too big a side to be playing League One football, but even this season they are struggling 15 games in and are only 10th​ in the table. And once again, we sent the Sunderland fans home p*ssed off after watching their team lose again! To be honest, I really wasn’t expecting this game to be as easy as it turned out to be.

Saturday 6th November 2021
FA Cup 1st​ Round: Gateshead (Home)

Lineup: Thompson, Sibbick, Poole, Goode, Kelly-Evans, Donohue, Dasilva, Preston (Wright 88), Camps, Ahearne-Grant, Honesty (Campbell 88)

View attachment 49273

Pure dominance from start to finish and we probably should of managed a lot more goals than the two we scored! However, we progress to the next round with relative ease so I’m happy!

Tuesday 9th November 2021
Checkatrade Trophy Group Stage: Swansea U23s (Home)

Lineup: Thompson, Sibbick, Poole, Goode (Davies 45), Kelly-Evans, Donohue, Dasilva, Whitfield, Camps, Ahearne-Grant, Honesty (Campbell 45)

View attachment 49272

To progress in this competition we needed a win and hope that Yeovil beat Northampton for us. We did our part with ease smashing the Swans 4-0, and Yeovil beat Northampton by an even bigger scoreline (5-0), so we progress as group runners up.

View attachment 49270

The draw for the 2nd round of the FA Cup takes place and we’re handed an away tie against League Two’s Walsall.

View attachment 49271

That draw was very quickly followed by the 2nd round draw of the Checkatrade Trophy and again we are handed an away tie. We will take on fellow League One side Charlton, who we are just about to take on in the league.

View attachment 49269

Saturday 20th November 2021
Sky Bet League One: Charlton (Home)

Lineup: Burge, Willis, Poole, Goode, Grimmer, Batty, Haynes (Dasilva 67), Preston, Camps, Grigg, Honesty (Campbell 67)

View attachment 49268

Wow, just wow! This was not only the performance of the season so far, but possibly the best performance any of my teams have ever given me on a single day! To thrash Charlton by 5 goals and keep them so quiet throughout the whole game is a wonderful achievement! Roarie Honesty was on fire today with 4 goals as he fires himself to the top of the league goalscoring charts.

That Charlton result takes us to 6 straight wins in the league! We have scored an incredible 23 goals in those 6 games as well!

View attachment 49267

For the 2nd​ time this month, I am linked with the manager’s job at a Championship club. This time it was Barnsley which doesn’t really appeal to me as a good move, so I don’t encourage the rumours….although I didn’t completely rule myself out either as I want the big clubs to take note that I will move for the right role.

View attachment 49266

Tuesday 23rd November 2021
Sky Bet League One: Peterborough (Away)

Lineup: Burge, Willis, Poole, Goode, Grimmer, Batty, Haynes, Preston (Wright 61), Camps, Grigg, Honesty (Campbell 61)

View attachment 49265

Peterborough continue to be my bogey team! They did the double over us last year and they’ve brought our winning streak to an end again here! It looked like we were finally going to get one over on them, and then they bang in 2 very late goals to nick the win! Gutted!

Saturday 27th November 2021
Sky Bet League One: Southend United (Home)

Lineup: Burge, Willis, Poole, Goode, Grimmer (Dasilva 45), Batty, Haynes, Preston (Wright 66), Camps, Grigg (Campbell 66), Honesty

View attachment 49264

Southend are really struggling and find themselves right down in the relegation spots as the half way point of the season approaches. Even still, we made ****** hard work of this game and just about sneaked a 2-0 win against a resolute United team who look like they’re fighting for their lives this year.

I quickly distance myself from the MK Dons manager role after being linked with it in the press. With them 15th​ in our division, I can’t really see this being a step forward so have no interest!

View attachment 49263

20 games down in League One and we are still very much in the title/playoffs race. It’s still very tight with only 5 points separating 1st and 7th, but I’m happy to be in the mix!

View attachment 49262

Player of the Month: Regan Poole

View attachment 49261

Roarie Honesty picks up his 3rd Young Player of the Month award in League One this season.

View attachment 49260

December is going to be an extremely busy month with 8 games lined up! We will take on Bradford, Fleetwood and Bolton who are all in that top 7 mix with us! Amongst the league games, we will play the 2nd round of both the FA Cup and Checkatrade Trophy as well!

View attachment 49259

Last edited:
December 2021

December 2021

Wednesday 1st​ December 2021
Sky Bet League One: Bradford City (Away)

Lineup: Burge, Willis, Poole, Goode, Kelly-Evans (Dasilva 76), Batty, Haynes, Preston, Camps (Wright 67), Grigg, Honesty (Campbell 67)

View attachment 49244

A wonderful Wednesday evening win kicks off December in style. This was a big game with Bradford sitting 7th​ in the table, but we come away with a massive win and a huge statement of intent to the rest of the clubs in and around the top of the table. Tyrese Campbell stole the show from the bench today, coming on to score the two winning goals!

I am invited to interview for the vacanct QPR job and I decide to attend. QPR currently face a relegation battle in the Championship as they sit bottom after 20 games and a good 8 points from safety! It would be a challenge, but I think QPR would be a step in the right direction and they have ‘secure’ finances which is a major plus as our money situation at Coventry is definitely a hinderance as we now find ourselves over £1 million in the red!

View attachment 49243

Barnsley also offered me an interview, but this one is of no interest at all and I decline the opportunity.

View attachment 49242

All the speculation has kicked my board into gear and they quickly come in and offer me a new contract. I’m not miserable here and we are doing well so I entertain the conversation. In the end, I sign a new 2 year deal with Coventry and bag myself a pay rise to £1,400 per week!

View attachment 49241

Saturday 4th​ December 2021
FA Cup 2nd​ Round: Walsall (Away)

Lineup: Burge, Willis, Davies, Goode, Kelly-Evans, Batty (Donohue 63), Dasilva, Preston, Wright, Grigg (Ahearne-Grant 63), Campbell

View attachment 49240

We were struggling to break down our League Two opposition here until that 57th​ minute penalty, hammered home by Grigg. After that, it was one way traffic and we added a couple more to safely secure our name in the hat for the next round.

League Two opposition again in the 3rd​ round of the FA Cup, this time in the shape of Carlisle.

View attachment 49239

Tuesday 7th​ December 2021
Sky Bet League One: Fleetwood (Away)

Lineup: Burge, Willis, Poole, Goode, Grimmer, Batty, Haynes (Dasilva 49), Preston, Wright, Grigg, Honesty

View attachment 49238

It was 2nd​ against 3rd​ at kick off here and we were expecting a tough Tuesday night game against Fleetwood who are absolutely flying. But it was us who came out on top with a narrow 1-0 victory which actually moves us to the top of the table!! My defence won this game for us tonight….they were f*cking brilliant!

Ryan Haynes
won’t play anymore football in 2021, as injury will see him miss the next 4 weeks.

View attachment 49237

Saturday 11th​ December 2021
Sky Bet League One: Bolton (Home)

Lineup: Burge, Willis, Poole, Goode, Grimmer, Batty, Dasilva, Preston (Camps 77), Wright, Grigg, Honesty (Campbell 77)

View attachment 49236

Another excellent performance from the defence won us this game as well. Defensively we look unbeatable at the moment and we’re proving a very very tough team to beat!

Wednesday 15th​ December 2021
Checkatrade Trophy Southern Section 2nd​ Round: Charlton (Away)

Lineup: Burge, Sibbick, Poole, Goode, Grimmer (Willis 34), Batty, Donohue, Preston, Camps, Grigg, Campbell

View attachment 49235

We only managed 1 goal past Charlton this time round, but because of our ultra strong defence, it is enough to see us through to the next round. This was our 4th​ clean sheet in a row (in all competitions).

Jack Grimmer will be out for 3 months! This is a massive loss to the team!!

View attachment 49234

We’ll take on Crystal Palace U23s in the next round of the Checkatrade Trophy.

View attachment 49233

Saturday 18th​ December 2021
Sky Bet League One: Burton Albion (Away)

Lineup: Burge, Willis, Poole, Goode, Kelly-Evans, Batty, Donohue, Preston, Camps, Grigg, Honesty

View attachment 49232

After 4 games without conceding a single goal, we go and get stuffed by Burton. And we really were outplayed in every area of the pitch in this game. I think a combination of us being really bad, and them being really good, contributed to the result.

Ledley King is the newly appointed Swindon manager and I decided to have a little dig at him before we take them on in the league. Let’s hope it rattles his side before the game!

View attachment 49231

Sunday 26th​ December 2021
Sky Bet League One: Swindon (Away)

Lineup: Burge, Willis, Poole, Goode, Kelly-Evans, Batty, Dasilva, Preston, Camps, Grigg, Honesty

View attachment 49230

Dion Kelly-Evans scored his first ever goal for Coventry as he got us off to a good start within 15 minutes. After that, Swindon’s defence looked rattled and every time we attacked, it looked like we’d score. We did manage another 2 and bounced back from the Burton result in the best way possible.

Our match against top of the league Luton will be my 100th​ in charge as Coventry manager.

View attachment 49229

And as we look at my record here over the past 99 games, I’m proud of what I’ve achieved so far. A win ratio of 69%, over 200 goals scored, less than 1 a game conceded and a league title/promotion!

View attachment 49228

Tuesday 28th​ December 2021
Sky Bet League One: Luton (Home)

Lineup: Burge, Willis, Poole, Goode, Dasilva, Batty, Donohue, Preston, Wright, Grigg (Campbell 75), Honesty

View attachment 49227

A top of the table clash as 2nd​ play 1st​! Unbelievably a 0-0 draw despite the fact the teams mustered up 29 shots on goal between them, with 11 of them on target as well! Both keepers had good games and neither side gains an advantage over the other at the top of the division.

We moved up into the automatic promotion places this month and even spent a week at the top of the division before that crushing defeat to Burton. Things remain tight as the likes of Sunderland, Exeter and Blackburn are latching on to the top 7 now as well. Only 11 points separate the top 10 and there’s still everything to play for, for a lot of teams!

View attachment 49226

Player of the Month: Charlie Goode

View attachment 49225

We move into the New Year in a much better place in the league than I expected at the start of the season. Hopefully we can continue this level of form into 2022. We have 5 league games in January either side of the FA Cup and Checkatrade Trophy games, from which I’ll be looking for progression in both competitions!

View attachment 49224

January 2022

January 2022

Saturday 1st​ January 2022
Sky Bet League One: Oxford United (Away)

Lineup: Burge, Willis, Poole, Goode, Dasilva, Batty, Donohue, Wright, Camps, Grigg, Honesty

View attachment 49122

Good spirit shown from the lads away at Oxford, fighting back to level twice in the game. That never say die attitude shining through with the 90th​ minute equalizer to nab a point.

Wednesday 5th​ January 2022
Sky Bet League One: MK Dons (Home)

Lineup: Burge, Willis, Davies, Goode, Dasilva, Batty, Haynes, Preston, Camps (Wright 77), Grigg (Campbell 77), Honesty

View attachment 49121

Our first win of the new year comes in game where we probably didn’t deserve it. Largely outplayed by MK for most of this game, but we scrape a 1-0 through a Roarie Honesty goal.

Saturday 8th​ January 2022
FA Cup 3rd​ Round: Carlisle (Away)

Lineup: Burge, Sibbick, Davies, Goode, Dasilva, Batty, Donohue, Preston (Wright 45), Camps, Grigg (Ahearne-Grant 45), Campbell

View attachment 49120

This was nothing short of comfortable for us! An easy 5-0 win as we cruise into the 4th​ round. Will Grigg was the star of the show with a first half hat trick, meaning I was able to bring him off at half time and give him a rest!

Last year we were knocked out in the 4th​ round of the FA Cup by Arsenal. This season we’ll play their North London rivals, Tottenham. We got the home draw we wanted and hopefully we can pack out the stadium and get some much needed finances into the club!

View attachment 49119

Tuesday 11th​ January 2022
Checkatrade Trophy Southern Section 3rd​ Round: Crystal Palace U23s (Away)

Lineup: Burge, Sibbick, Davies (Poole 64), Goode, Kelly-Evans, Batty, Donohue, Preston, Wright, Grigg, Campbell (Ahearne-Grant 64)

View attachment 49118

We had to endure the drama of a penalty shootout to progress to the next round here. However, the best team on the day finally came out on top! Palace can’t go away feeling aggrieved as they were outplayed for majority of the 90 minutes anyway and we should have put the game to bed before the shootout was even required.

Saturday 15th​ January 2022
Sky Bet League One: Bristol Rovers (Home)

Lineup: Burge, Willis, Poole, Goode, Dasilva, Batty, Haynes (Donohue 63), Preston, Wright, Grigg (Camps 79), Honesty (Campbell 63)

View attachment 49117

This was a big game for both sides as 1st​ took on 3rd​ in the league. It was us who started brighter and a clinical finish from Will Grigg gave us an early lead. Grigg had doubled his tally before the half time interval and we looked to be cruising at the break! Rovers struggled to muster up much of a challenge in the 2nd​ half and although Zeli Ismail did get one back for them, they never really came close to actually levelling things up! A massive win for us against one of the best performing teams in the league.

I’m linked with another job…..and for the first time in my career it’s a Premier League club! Watford have sacked Frank de Boer and the media are touting me to take over from him! I can’t say I’m not flattered and I can’t bring myself to refuse the speculation, but I remain loyal to Coventry and just keep silent for now.

View attachment 49116

The draw for the Checkatrade Trophy has taken place and our tie will offer up a repeat of the 2017 final at Wembley (which we won). Yep it’s Oxford United who await us in the Southern Section Quarter Final.

View attachment 49115

Saturday 22nd​ January 2022
Sky Bet League One: Oldham Athletic (Away)

Lineup: Burge, Willis, Poole (Sibbick 60), Goode, Dasilva, Batty, Haynes, Preston (Camps 60), Wright, Grigg (Campbell 60), Honesty

View attachment 49114

I seem to remember last year we had a really poor result just before we played Arsenal in the 4th​ round of the FA Cup (as if the players minds were on the big game), and history has repeated itself this year as we lose to 13th​ placed Oldham just before we take on Spurs in the FA Cup. There is obviously a lack of concentration in these games when we have a big one just around the corner.

The Ricoh will be almost full for the Spurs game which is going to give a crucial boost to the club’s finances! Although it still won’t be enough to get us out of the minus, with the club now nearly £1.5 million in debt!

View attachment 49113

Wednesday 26th​ January 2022
FA Cup 4th​ Round: Tottenham (Home)

Lineup: Burge, Willis, Davies (Sibbick 78), Goode, Dasilva, Batty, Haynes, Preston, Camps (Wright 78), Grigg (Campbell 63), Honesty

View attachment 49112

There was a moment in this game when I though to myself ‘could we?’…..that moment was when on loan Arsenal man Gregor Preston fired home an absolute cracker to give us the lead in this game! However, we were under the kosh for the entirety of the game and Tottenham were far superior so it always seemed like a matter of time before they scored. As it happened, they went on to score a few and dump us out of the FA Cup at the 4th​ round stage for the second season running.

Saturday 29th​ January 2022
Sky Bet League One: Exeter City (Home)

Lineup: Burge, Willis, Davies, Goode, Dasilva, Batty, Donohue, Preston (Wright 85), Camps, Grigg (Honesty 69), Campbell

View attachment 49111

It’s nice to get revenge on the South West club who beat us earlier in the season. Exeter were no pushovers and are challenging for a playoff spot, so this is another good win and big 3 points!

When Will Grigg signed on for the club, I had to offer some pretty hefty bonuses to get him to join! However, I have to admit I never expected to be paying this one out! Grigg has banged in 20 goals in League One this season now earning himself a £20,000 bonus as per his contract! It’s £20k we can’t ****** afford, but I wouldn’t swap his goals this season for anything!

View attachment 49110

With 16 games remaining, we are top of the league and I guess now is the first time that the thoughts of winning this title and securing back to back promotions is actually possible! I really never expected to be in this position two thirds of the way through the season! At the bottom end of the table, the writing is surely on the wall for Scunthorpe and surely if they were to avoid relegation now, it would be the greatest escape ever?

View attachment 49109

Player of the Month: Gregor Preston

View attachment 49108

Our first game next month will be in the Checkatrade Trophy against Oxford before we play 5 games in the league. I will certainly be looking for wins against the bottom 2, Scunthorpe and Shrewsbury, as we know we’ll have tough games from the likes of Blackburn and AFC Wimbledon who are both sitting in the current top 6.

View attachment 49107

I'd have taken a piece of the Watford job to be honest - but then again you are on course for back-to-back promotions anyway.

I'd have taken a piece of the Watford job to be honest - but then again you are on course for back-to-back promotions anyway.

They didn't come in an offer me an interview....but then I didn't exactly encourage them to. I think now I've got this far with Coventry this season, I'm keen to see it out as I've got the opportunity to add another trophy to my cabinet :)

If I can achieve another promotion this season, I should have most of the smaller Prem clubs lining up to take me I reckon :)

Thanks again for reading!

February 2022

February 2022

Wednesday 2nd​ February 2022
Checkatrade Trophy Southern Section Quarter Final: Oxford United (Away)
Lineup: Thompson, Sibbick (Wright 79), Davies, Goode, Dasilva, Batty (Haynes 61), Donohue, Preston, Camps, Ahearne-Grant (Grigg 61), Campbell

View attachment 49089

We ain’t too bad at these penalty shootouts you know! We were on the cusp of being knocked out when Will Grigg scored us a 92nd​ minute equalizer to take it to the shootout and for the second game in a row in the Checkatrade Trophy we make it through on pens!

We’ll take on Wycombe Wanderers in the Southern Section Semi Final. The Northern Section Semi Final will be contested between Liverpool U23s and West Brom U23s.

View attachment 49088

Saturday 5th​ February 2022
Sky Bet League One: Scunthorpe United (Away)
Lineup: Burge, Willis, Poole, Goode, Kelly-Evans, Batty, Haynes, Preston, Camps, Grigg, Honesty

View attachment 49087

This was a big game for us for two reasons….Scunthorpe were bottom of the league so it was important we didn’t drop points, and the second reason was that on the same day Luton were playing Bristol Rovers (2nd​ vs 3rd​) so one or both of our title rivals were going to drop points. We kept our nerve and did a professional job over Scunthorpe with a solid 2-0. Bristol Rovers smashed Luton 3-0 to leapfrog them in the table.

Saturday 12th​ February 2022
Sky Bet League One: Blackpool (Home)

Lineup: Burge, Willis, Poole (Davies 59), Goode, Kelly-Evans, Batty, Haynes (Dasilva 59), Preston, Camps, Grigg, Honesty

View attachment 49086

We literally banged down the Blackpool door for 90 minutes but were only able to put one in the back of their net and today it wasn’t enough as we had to settle for a point.

Tuesday 15th​ February 2022
Sky Bet League One: Blackburn Rovers (Away)

Lineup: Burge, Willis, Poole, Goode, Dasilva, Batty (Sent off 45), Haynes, Preston, Camps, Grigg (Wright 45 (Campbell 69)), Honesty

View attachment 49085

The first half was an extremely tight affair with neither team taking too many risks as it seemed both sides were more concerned with not losing than trying to win. However, everything changed right at the end of the half when Daniel Batty was sent off leaving us to play the whole second half of the game with only 10 men! From then, it was all Blackburn and it only ever looked like we might get a draw at best. Unfortunately, we didn’t and the extra man combined with Blackburn’s ‘better’ players was too much for us to cope with.

Saturday 19th​ February 2022
Sky Bet League One: Shrewsbury Town (Home)

Lineup: Burge (Thompson 22), Willis, Poole, Goode, Dasilva, Donohue, Haynes, Whitfield, Camps, Grigg (Ahearne-Grant 67), Honesty (Campbell 67)

View attachment 49084

The result doesn’t tell the whole story here. Although we were the better side throughout, we were seriously struggling in this game to create any kind of decent chance. However, a penalty late on opened the floodgates and the Shrews went to sh*t after that and we quickly followed the penalty with a couple more goals to make the scoreline look a lot better than we actually were.

First choice goalkeeper, Lee Burge, will miss 4-5 weeks of action after breaking his hand against Shrewsbury.

View attachment 49083

Wednesday 23rd​ February 2022
Checkatrade Trophy Southern Section Semi Final: Wycombe Wanderers (Away)

Lineup: Thompson, Willis, Davies, Goode, Kelly-Evans (Dasilva 86), Donohue, Haynes, Whitfield (Wright 86), Camps, Grigg, Campbell (Honesty 86)

View attachment 49082

We are literally the penalty shootout kings! After a pretty fruitful 90 minutes where both teams struggled to create any clear cut chances, it went to the dreaded shootout! Between the sides, we managed 19 straight penalty conversions, before they finally missed, sending us through to the final. Although this cup is of no real importance, it’s always nice to win a trophy and the fans will get a good day out at Wembley….so yes I do really want to win this thing now!

Saturday 26th​ February 2022
Sky Bet League One: AFC Wimbledon (Away)

Lineup: Thompson, Willis, Poole, Goode, Dasilva (Kelly-Evans 63), Batty, Haynes (Donohue 63), Preston, Camps, Grigg (Campbell 63), Honesty

View attachment 49081

We were absolutely f*cking terrible in that first half! Much better in the second 45, but just as it looked like we’d fought our way back into the match and might get something from the game, they score again and ****** it 3-2! The boys received a massive kick up the **** from me after the match as this was simply not good enough against one of the leading sides in the division. I don’t mind losing as long as the team try….but today they didn’t give me maximum effort for large periods and that is unacceptable!

Manchester United lift the Carabao Cup after beating our conquerors West Ham in the final! The final finished 1-0 to Man Utd, but the stats suggested the result could have been a **** of a lot bigger – Utd had 17 shots compared to West Ham’s 2!

View attachment 49080

Despite winning only 2 of our 5 league games this month, we somehow remain top of the league at the end of February. However, this could be one of the closest title fights for years with 7 teams very much capable of winning the league with 11 games to go!

View attachment 49079

Player of the Month: Callum Camps

View attachment 49078

If we’re going to stay in this title fight, then we need to make the most of our home advantage in 3 games next month! Our away form has been a little indifferent recently, but if we can ensure we win all of our home games between now and the end of the campaign (6 of our final 11 are at home), we should still be in with a shout.

View attachment 49077

March 2022

March 2022

Saturday 5th​ March 2022
Sky Bet League One: Wycombe Wanderers (Home)

Lineup: Thompson, Willis, Poole, Goode, Dasilva, Batty, Haynes, Preston (Whitfield 63), Camps, Campbell, Honesty (Grigg 63)

View attachment 49075

After a pretty poor February, it was imperative that we got off to a good start in March and this result was exactly that! Now if we can just tidy up that away form!

It’s confirmed that our opponents in the final of the Checkatrade Trophy will be Liverpool U23s. The game will be played next month at Wembley.

View attachment 49074

Saturday 12th​ March 2022
Sky Bet League One: Lincoln City (Away)

Lineup: Thompson, Willis, Poole, Goode, Dasilva, Batty (Donohue 62), Haynes, Preston (Whitfield 80), Camps, Campbell (Ahearne-Grant 80), Honesty

View attachment 49073

That’s more like it! An away win that was extremely important based on the fact that all four teams from 2nd to 5th​ in the table also won, so unfortunately, we didn’t gain any advantage on any of them!

Saturday 19th​ March 2022
Sky Bet League One: Gillingham (Home)

Lineup: Thompson, Willis, Poole, Goode (Davies 63), Dasilva, Batty, Haynes, Preston, Camps, Campbell (Grigg 63), Honesty

View attachment 49072

The lads were made to work hard by a determined Gills team who pegged us back twice. However, in the end we proved too strong for them and take our March form to 3 wins in 3! This was a significant win as well, with other results at the top going our way and we move 4 points clear at the top!

Tuesday 22nd​ March 2022
Sky Bet League One: Sunderland (Away)

Lineup: Thompson, Willis, Davies, Goode, Dasilva, Batty, Haynes, Preston, Camps, Grigg, Campbell

View attachment 49070

This was a massive, massive away win! Sunderland have been on a decent run of form lately as their challenge for a playoff place has been gathering pace, so this could have been a real banana skin for us, but we handled the occasion brilliantly and come away with a huge result. That’s 4 wins in a row this month now and stretches our lead at the top by another point to 5!

Saturday 26th​ March 2022
Sky Bet League One: Bradford City (Home)

Lineup: Thompson, Willis, Davies, Goode, Dasilva, Batty, Haynes, Preston (Whitfield 68), Camps, Grigg, Campbell (Ahearne-Grant 68)

View attachment 49069

Bradford were another side right on the fringe of the playoff spots and were another side that could upset our title challenge. But as we did with Sunderland, we dispose of them with relative ease and I think everyone at the club and our fans can now start to dream of automatic promotion as a realistic possibility as this result pulls us 8 points clear of 3rd​ place, with only 6 games remaining.

That Bradford result was our 5th​ win in a row and we are stringing together an excellent run of form at the perfect time!

View attachment 49068

Will Grigg’s sublime goalscoring form costs us another £5,000 in bonuses!

View attachment 49067

Will Grigg really has been in sensational form this season, scoring 33 goals and bagging 15 assists across all competitions so far!!

View attachment 49066

Tuesday 29th​ March 2022
Sky Bet League One: Charlton (Away)

Lineup: Thompson, Willis (Poole 63), Davies, Goode, Dasilva, Batty, Haynes, Whitfield, Camps, Campbell, Honesty

View attachment 49065

Charlton are a big side in this division but massively underachieving as they are just about surviving a relegation battle in 19th​ position. Confidence is very high with us at the moment and despite being away from home, we made very light work of our London opponents. Will Grigg was off on international duty with Northern Ireland, and Roarie Honesty marked his return to the starting lineup with 2 goals!

Jordan Willis wasn’t first choice in the back three at the start of the season, but has worked his way into my starting lineup throughout the season and is now one of the first names on the teamsheet every week. So I’m genuinely gutted for the lad that he will miss our day out at Wembley in the Checkatrade Trophy through this injury.

View attachment 49064

A perfect month in the league of 5 wins from 5 games ensures we keep our place at the head of the table and although the teams below us have games in hand, we have a nice cushion of 9 points to 2nd​ placed Bristol Rovers, and 11 points back to 3rd​ placed Luton. With only 5 games remaining, this league title is now ours to lose!

View attachment 49063

Player of the Month: Cole Dasilva

View attachment 49062

In the Player of the Month awards, all three slots are filled by my players, with Will Grigg coming out on top!

View attachment 49061

Incredibly, this is Roarie Honesty’s 4th​ Young Player of the Month award this season too!

View attachment 49060

With our perfect record this month, I pick up my first every League One Manager of the Month award!

View attachment 49059

The season will come to an end in April this year! But before the matter of attempting to wrap up the league title, we have a trip to Wembley in the Checkatrade Trophy final against Liverpool’s youngsters, although I’m pretty confident they’ll have a couple of senior players in the team. We then take on our bogey team in Peterborough United before a match against almost relegated Southend. The games against mid table Bolton and Burton Albion will not be easy either. There’s still plenty of work to do!

View attachment 49058

April 2022

April 2022

The Wembley stage was set for our showdown with Liverpool U23s in the Checkatrade Trophy Final. It would be a strange atmosphere with only 22,000 expected to show up to the game and I prepared the lads for that. Ultimately, the message was to give it their all….this is a cup final, a chance to lift a trophy. We were expecting some Liverpool big guns to start for them, but if we could hold our own for as long as possible, we’d have a chance I was sure!

Wembley-580x358.jpg

Sunday 3rd​ April 2022
Checkatrade Trophy Final: Liverpool U23s (Wembley)

Kick-Off: 13:30
Lineup: Thompson, Poole, Davies, Goode, Dasilva, Batty, Haynes (Grimmer 73), Preston, Camps (Wright 90), Campbell (Grigg 45), Honesty

View attachment 49055

This was my second trip to Wembley in my career to date, with the first ending in playoff final defeat 2 years ago. Now Liverpool had brought a couple of big players to the table for this one, notably left back Andrew Robertson (valued at £21 million), defensive midfielder Joao Carvalho (valued at £31 million), attacking midfielder Lucas Paqueta (valued at £30.5 million) and striker Arkadiusz Milik (valued at £48.5 million). Yes folks, that’s right, £150 million worth of players playing in the Checkatrade Trophy Final!! Our entire squad was barely worth £5 million between them! Despite that gulf in class between the two sides, we held our own for 90 minutes and were very good value for the 1-1 draw….the lads played their hearts out and I can’t fault any single one of them! So it went to a penalty shootout and our confidence was high now, higher than it had been all game. I mean why wouldn’t it be, we’d got through the last 3 rounds by winning shootouts!!

The Shootout

One of their big names, Milik, stepped up first and Thompson saved!! We were in the driving seat from the off! Will Grigg tucked his penalty away and we were 1-0 up….Josh Wright up next….over the bar! Youngster Adam Lewis was up next for Liverpool and he smashed against the bar, the advantage was back with us again! Another one of Liverpool’s big names was up next, Joao Carvalho and he scored! 1-1 but we had a penalty advantage still! Daniel Batty was up next for us and his placed effort goes wide of the post! Things were exactly level now (1-1 after 3 penalties each) with us to take the next pen! It was Arsenal loanee Gregor Preston to step up…..he scores with a powerful low effort to the keeper’s left! Liverpool then score both of their next two penalties meaning Roarie Honesty must score to keep us in the game…..He keeps his cool and slots home into the bottom corner! Centre back Regan Poole up next and we’re into sudden death……oh no, he misses! Liverpool turn to youngster Paul Plant to win them the trophy…..he scores…..Thompson was unlucky as he got a hand to it but couldn’t keep it out! Liverpool win the Checkatrade Trophy!

We are recognised as the biggest overachievers in this year’s competition.

View attachment 49054

Saturday 9th​ April 2022
Sky Bet League One: Peterborough United (Home)

Lineup: Thompson, Poole, Davies, Goode, Dasilva (Grimmer 81), Batty, Haynes (Donohue 63), Preston, Camps, Grigg, Honesty (Campbell 63)

View attachment 49053

F*cking Peterborough! Even when we take the lead and dominate these b*stards from start to finish, we still f*cking lose! I just can’t find a way to beat them!

Peterborough just love ending our unbeaten runs!

View attachment 49052

I bring Coventry favourite Darren Huckerby into the club as an U18s coach. This is the second time I’ve worked with Darren after I brought him to Chelmsford as a coach a few seasons ago.

View attachment 49051

As we look at the promotion candidates run ins, it would seem that the title race is between us, Bristol Rovers and Luton with 4 points separating us. One team of the other four is going to be unlucky and miss out on a playoff spot!

View attachment 49050

Saturday 16th​ April 2022
Sky Bet League One: Southend United (Away)

Lineup: Thompson, Sibbick, Davies, Goode (Poole 45), Dasilva, Batty, Grimmer (Haynes 7), Preston, Camps, Grigg, Honesty

View attachment 49049

The defeat against Peterborough made this a must win for us and the boys did well! We were all over Southend here, having more than 20 shots on goal. We took two of three of those chances and recorded a comfortable victory and take a huge step towards that League One Title!

Jack Grimmer hasn’t long been back from an injury that kept him out for a few months, but he’s picked up another bad one that will keep him out for another 3 months!!

View attachment 49048

Monday 18th​ April 2022
Sky Bet League One: Fleetwood Town (Home)

Lineup: Burge, Sibbick, Davies, Goode, Dasilva, Batty, Haynes, Preston, Camps, Grigg, Honesty

View attachment 49047

Fleetwood are one of the sides in the race for the playoffs so I was expecting much more of a challenge than we actually got here. We were worthy winners and did our home fans proud! And they were jubilant at full time as we secured automatic promotion to the Championship after Luton were beaten at home by Burton Albion.

And there’s the confirmation of automatic promotion to the Championship! Now there’s just the small business of winning this league title! With two games left, we have a 5 point lead over Bristol Rovers so one win will do it!

View attachment 49046

The board and fans are both elated with the unexpected promotion!

View attachment 49045

View attachment 49044

With promotion secured, the board announce the initial budgets for next season. Wow, they’re giving me a whole £1,000 to spend in the transfer market!

View attachment 49043

Saturday 23rd​ April 2022
Sky Bet League One: Bolton (Away)

Lineup: Burge, Sibbick (Willis 57), Davies, Goode, Dasilva, Batty, Haynes, Preston, Camps, Grigg, Honesty (Ahearne-Grant 57)

View attachment 49042

Bolton have had a bad season by their standards and find themselves in mid table obscurity as the campaign comes to a close. Their supporters had nothing to shout about today either as we inflict their 15th​ defeat of the season on them! Ryan Haynes scored the pick of the goals with a thumping effort from the left side which almost broke the back of the net!

And with that win against Bolton, we are champions of League One. Back to back titles/promotions. At the start of the season, I could never have dreamed we would pull this off, but again my boys have done me proud this year and I genuinely can’t praise the team enough. We’ve been simply fantastic!

View attachment 49041

The board publicly suck me off again after I secure the League One title!

View attachment 49040

Saturday 30th​ April 2022
Sky Bet League One: Burton Albion (Home)

Kick-Off: 17:30
Lineup: Burge, Sibbick, Davies, Goode, Dasilva, Batty, Haynes, Preston (Whitfield 74), Camps (Wright 74), Grigg (Campbell 74), Honesty

View attachment 49039

Although the game had no significance with the title already won, I was keen to give the fans a win to sign off the season (especially as there is a good chance this could be my last game in charge here). And the lads did me proud once again with a solid 2-0 home win!

We’re awarded £25,000 for winning the League One title. That doesn’t even pay half the player’s wages for a week!

View attachment 49038

There’s the final league table. We were only 1 point off making it to 100 points again and won the league by a good 8 points in the end. Bristol Rovers pipped Luton to the other automatic promotion spot on the final day of the season and Exeter nipped ahead of Bradford for the final playoff spot. The relegation places were decided a long way out and its Shrewsbury, Southend, Wycombe and Scunthorpe who will drop to League Two.

View attachment 49037

Player of the Month: Cole Dasilva

View attachment 49036

As I look to the future, I will be scouting the job market over the next couple of months to see what comes up. After leading Coventry to back to back league titles and promotions, I feel like a new challenge awaits me now. The club are in some serious debt and with no money to improve the squad for the Championship next season, I can only see a year of struggle ahead. I think I’ve earned my right not to have to go through that (and potentially destroy my legacy) with them next season and will look forward to a new challenge somewhere else.

View attachment 49035

Great season there mate.. do you think there's a possibility that a Premier League club could come calling? Even if there's not I still think you should easily be able to get a job at a top 6 Championship club, that's if you're going to stay in England!