tried the tweak ... with Kessie SW (he is already quite good in terms of being a libero so I trained him) I won Serie A and the cup! crazy considering Atalanta is predicted mid-table! thanks Martino

Can you observe how up on pitch your libero goes? maybe some heatmap pics from games.
There has been issues that Libero is not going high enough in previous FMs, havent tried it this time.

Thanks. Will give it a go when have some free time.

It all depends on what is in front of him. Other playmakers will make him hold back more, but with not a lot of traffic in front of him he will come up to about the DLP-S in the CM position, especially if you give him certain PPMs. I've had some play themselves up to taking a shot outside of the box, but you also have to remember that the INSTANT you lose possession, they will bomb backwards to be in defensive position. So, if you're slowly building up and then lose possession and re-gain it right away, they'll have to start all over again working up the pitch.

It all depends on what is in front of him. Other playmakers will make him hold back more, but with not a lot of traffic in front of him he will come up to about the DLP-S in the CM position, especially if you give him certain PPMs. I've had some play themselves up to taking a shot outside of the box, but you also have to remember that the INSTANT you lose possession, they will bomb backwards to be in defensive position. So, if you're slowly building up and then lose possession and re-gain it right away, they'll have to start all over again working up the pitch.

That is true. Ideally, you'll have the libero behind a back four where the fullbacks doesnt bomb forward and you wont have anyone in the DMC area and NO playmakers. That way the libero will get involved ALOT, but somehow i cant make it click overall, so I did a compromise. A compromise that I think works great. Some say the Libero role is broken, i dont think it is. You just need to think and observe the movement of the other players to build a team where the role works.
Same goes for other roles. Take this tactic..at first I wanted the left wingback to stay wide to make room for the false9 and the CML and Libero, but the wingback role worked better in this tactic when he combines in narrow spaces with those 3 players. Guess thats what makes FM so addictive...that you have to watch and think. ;)

And yes. PPMs can be vital. Runs with ball through the middle can be a fun one too for the Libero...if he can dribble ;) Switch ball to opposite flank is useful as well.

Last edited:
tried the tweak ... with Kessie SW (he is already quite good in terms of being a libero so I trained him) I won Serie A and the cup! crazy considering Atalanta is predicted mid-table! thanks Martino

Awesome! Glad it worked out great!

That is true. Ideally, you'll have the libero behind a back four where the fullbacks doesnt bomb forward and you wont have anyone in the DMC area and NO playmakers. That way the libero will get involved ALOT, but somehow i cant make it click overall, so I did a compromise. A compromise that I think works great. Some say the Libero role is broken, i dont think it is. You just need to think and observe the movement of the other players to build a team where the role works.
Same goes for other roles. Take this tactic..at first I wanted the left wingback to stay wide to make room for the false9 and the CML and Libero, but the wingback role worked better in this tactic when he combines in narrow spaces with those 3 players. Guess thats what makes FM so addictive...that you have to watch and think. ;)

And yes. PPMs can be vital. Runs with ball through the middle can be a fun one too for the Libero...if he can dribble ;) Switch ball to opposite flank is useful as well.

Yes, exactly. Sure the Libero doesn't work like back when we had sliders, but I also don't think that's how the Libero was supposed to actually work. You have to decide what you want out of it then try to make it work. For me I want it to operate as a BPD that also works like a DLP-S and in your setup it works just like that.

Yes, exactly. Sure the Libero doesn't work like back when we had sliders, but I also don't think that's how the Libero was supposed to actually work. You have to decide what you want out of it then try to make it work. For me I want it to operate as a BPD that also works like a DLP-S and in your setup it works just like that.

Seems like we agree on how the role should work. Sometimes i would like him to make that crazy run into the box but then the overall tactic would be kind of weird and not performing well enough. But it could be a task for a future libero tactic.

This tactic is amazing!
I played 4 seasons with Inter and won 4 Serie A, 2 Italian Cup, 2 Italian Supercup, 1 Champions League (I played 3 finals and lost 2 of them), 1 European Supercup, 1 Club World Cup and also 1 Copa America with Argentina.
Thanks man, I am having lot of fun!

Buy Candreva and train him as Right wing-back. He is definetely a world class player in that role.
As left wing-back Gaya and Dimarco are really good too. I scored a lot of goals from crosses. And Icardi was Golden Shoe and best striker of the championship every year.
Also Gabriel Barbosa is very good as False Nine.

This tactic is amazing!
I played 4 seasons with Inter and won 4 Serie A, 2 Italian Cup, 2 Italian Supercup, 1 Champions League (I played 3 finals and lost 2 of them), 1 European Supercup, 1 Club World Cup and also 1 Copa America with Argentina.
Thanks man, I am having lot of fun!

Buy Candreva and train him as Right wing-back. He is definetely a world class player in that role.
As left wing-back Gaya and Dimarco are really good too. I scored a lot of goals from crosses. And Icardi was Golden Shoe and best striker of the championship every year.
Also Gabriel Barbosa is very good as False Nine.

Nice to hear. Really liked the outcome of this tactic, and I think it really goes to show that you cant really trust the testing leagues. If you change small things depending on oppostion and have the right players, then this tactic can make a mediocre team win champions league etc. Its always hard to make the Libero role work, but I think it works perfectly here.

Hiya guys looking for something completely different to start a new Newcastle save, was this tactic created for 17.3.1 or does it indeed still work in the newest patch or am I better going for Regista Magic??

Hiya guys looking for something completely different to start a new Newcastle save, was this tactic created for 17.3.1 or does it indeed still work in the newest patch or am I better going for Regista Magic??

Havent tried it for a while, but my guess is that it'll work just fine. When was the newest patch released, and did it change the ME? And I think this tactic is better than Regista Magic

Havent tried it for a while, but my guess is that it'll work just fine. When was the newest patch released, and did it change the ME? And I think this tactic is better than Regista Magic

Not not sure when it was released or what the ME changes were but I've got some free time today so I'll give this a try! Thanks for the quick response!!

Not not sure when it was released or what the ME changes were but I've got some free time today so I'll give this a try! Thanks for the quick response!!
Cool. Let me know how it goes, and tweaks or inputs are more than welcome.

Libero ?

Outside Bonucci Is there a libero you can recommend?

Hi,

I have been trying this tactic out with AC Milan and it is a bit hit and miss. Sometimes it produces really good football and other times we just can't create anything even though we have most of the possesion. The other bad part for me is that we are getting a lot of yellow and red cards. In 15 games we have 59 yellow and 6 red cards. Have anyone of you that have used this tactic had similar issues?
I guess it can be fixed by taking of hard tackles, but then the tactic might be compromised.

Another issue I have is that I can't get my strikers to score, I play with Bacca as F9 and Lapadula as the poacher as I have very limited options. Hopefully I can bring in a new striker in January.

Just curious to see how other people have set up their teams as I saw from the comments that one user won the Serie A with Atalanta 1st season and another seemed to have huge success with Inter and Icardi seemed to bang in the goals.

So any advice would be great.

Hi,

I have been trying this tactic out with AC Milan and it is a bit hit and miss. Sometimes it produces really good football and other times we just can't create anything even though we have most of the possesion. The other bad part for me is that we are getting a lot of yellow and red cards. In 15 games we have 59 yellow and 6 red cards. Have anyone of you that have used this tactic had similar issues?
I guess it can be fixed by taking of hard tackles, but then the tactic might be compromised.

Another issue I have is that I can't get my strikers to score, I play with Bacca as F9 and Lapadula as the poacher as I have very limited options. Hopefully I can bring in a new striker in January.

Just curious to see how other people have set up their teams as I saw from the comments that one user won the Serie A with Atalanta 1st season and another seemed to have huge success with Inter and Icardi seemed to bang in the goals.

So any advice would be great.

Haven't used this tactic in a while, so I really can't remember. But if be more aggresive is ticked on, then tick it off to stop some of the cards. Or have players ease of tackles as soon as they get a yellow card. Did the tactic improve for you?