The Sun Reward

Status
Not open for further replies.

John

Resident God
Reaction score
The sun are offering a £10,000 reward to the first person to score against Chelsea.

At the time of me writing this the last goal the West London Chavs conceded was May 10th 2005 against Man Utd - and they still went on to record a 3-1 win.

This reward comes as many are talking about the golden age of the EPL being over, with many teams seemingly playing defensive football and favouring a 4-5-1 formation in order to grind out draws or 1-0 wins.

Hopefully it will work, but i doubt the £10k will be on every players mind when he sees Cech in goal and Terry closing down on him!
Still would be nice if a youth player got it on his debut or something like that!

Example here, Say a big name player like Milan Baros scores vrs them Do you think they wil keep the 10k or give it away?

Actually read the article in full, they have to give it to charity.
and £2k gets added every game. Meaning if they go without conceding till the last game it will be £72k!
So its a clever idea, and it gets the Sun on Sky Sports and what have you, but i doubt the players will really get that much incentive out of it now. Although how £10,000 would make a difference to somebody like Parker on £65k a week im not sure.

This goes to show that the media have a very big influence in sport these days.
Chelsea play a 4-5-1/4-3-3, and many teams have converted to this. Its a good idea and makes me proud that this has been set up against us :)

What if we score an own goal, does our player get to give away the money?
and
What if there is a penalty, I wonder who would take it...

Jamie said:
This goes to show that the media have a very big influence in sport these days.
Chelsea play a 4-5-1/4-3-3, and many teams have converted to this. Its a good idea and makes me proud that this has been set up against us :)

What if we score an own goal, does our player get to give away the money?
and
What if there is a penalty, I wonder who would take it...

Since the money is going to charity it would be unsporting for the Sun not to count an own goal.
To be honest, my interest in the article wavered when i saw the Bot Idol article anyway. NORA TO WIN!

What charity does it go to? Or does the goalscorer choose?

I think the goal scorer choses because then whats the point in it being a prize if he's nothing to do with it.

Oh yeh I suppose your right. :)

Villa got it today not sure who scored though

So that lasted long didn't it guys? That was a great incentive for Villa. :D

Ha Ha well it was fun while it lasted :D. Thought it would have been someone decent though.

Luke moore got interviewed about which charity he was going to give the money to and he didnt no yet lol bet he keeps it :rolleyes:

you cant keep it u fat fool.

He also said he was gunna give to to somewhere local like a team he played for.

-JB- said:
Bet the Sun didn't think it would last that long eh? :D
Your probably right. I bet they are ****** off about it as now they will have to come up with a new gimmick to sell their paper.

Sean said:
Your probably right. I bet they are ****** off about it as now they will have to come up with a new gimmick to sell their paper.

They've always got Page 3, that seems to do the trick :D Or they wil get Rooney to hold The Sun up and talk about his life. I really hate the sun, but I think their sports coverage is good.

Well I have just seen an advert for an exclusive story from Sharon Osbourne. Yay ;)

Sean said:

They had the final 8 of Bot Idol on friday, but i dont know how often that will feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.