Status
Not open for further replies.

David 0404

Reaction score
After recently reading a thread where you could swap your local team for any other team in any other division, i decided to try this with my local team, sutton united, placing them in the blue square south. With 10k transfer budget and a 90kp/w wage budget i new i had a tough challenge to keep them in the division. on fm 08 i sucessfully guided sutton utd from the blue square south to league 2, winning domestic cups and having long FA cup runs on the way. i kicked off pre season with a media prediction of 10th and parent clubs of Man U and Chelsea. i went on to player search, in desperate need of players, and there in front of me were about 50 'quality' players willing to sign for the club! so i signed as many as i could, adjusting my wage budget so that i had no transfer money left. my aim with sutton uts is to take them to at least the championship and maybe even the premiership. pre- season saw me up against teams around me such as Lewes, AFC Wimbledon and Welshpool with the two major friendlies being against Chelsea and Man Utd reserves. I'm just finishing pre - season, with a completely new team with one defeat against an under strength chelsea side but amazingly a 4-0 victory for sutton utd over Man Utd Reserves!! could it be a sign of things to come? i'm just about to start the season and i'll do my best to keep you all updated.

David,

I've been using the holy training pack as my training schedule and JP woody's Brian Clough Tactics, both of which can be downloaded on this site. Enjoy!:D

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

my team lacks any star quality individuals, any suggestions would be grateful.

try marvin brown at weston super mare doin well 4 me there or maybe zlatko yankov or maybe look at other peoples thread and see who they have signed.hope this helps

i'm gonna start doing monthly updates but i thought that i would quickly summarise my pre- season and first three league games.

Pre- Season
Sutton 3 - 1 Lewes
Sutton 5 - 2 Carmathen
Sutton 0 - 1 Under Strengh Chelsea
Sutton 4 - 0 Manchester Utd Reserves
Sutton 8 - 0 AFC Wimbledon
Sutton 2 - 0 Welshpool
Sutton Res. 0 - 1 Sutton
All in all a fairly successful pre - season, with good victories over AFC Wimbledon and Manchester Utd Reserves. Little disappointed to not have beaten Chelsea, considering half their side were youth players. May have found a gem of a player in a player called Ton Van Bremen, 40 years old, will probably last me a season or two but has cheap wages and is FREE. Make sure dutch leagues are loaded though. Notable transfers: Ricardo Fernandes- Chelsea (loan) Sam Hewson- Man Utd (loan) Peter Hartley- Sunderland (free).

Blue Square South
With all players fit and raring to go, we kicked off the campaign against Maidenhead. 3 games in, we haven't cnceded a goal and we are sitting happily at the top of the table. it is only 3 games and i am not getting ahead of myself, but it all seems to be going well, with the only slight worry being our away form. The performance against Bishop's Stortford (our only away game so far this season) was an utter shambles and i for one don't know how we came away with the three points.
Sutton 3 - 0 Maidenhead(de Vreede 2, Dani pen)
Sutton 4 - 0 Fisher( Dani 2, Simons,Machado)
Bishop's Stortford 0 - 2 Sutton(Leclerq, Javary)

9 points from 9. 9 goals scored, 0 goals conceded. LEAGUE POSITION= 1st

p.s. i have included the scorers surnames for anyone who has a BSP/BSN/BSS team and loaded dutch leagues. these players are quality signings!!!

90k a week budget and parent clubs man utd and chelsea !! Not really a challeng mate. plus u had 10k transfer ??

the 90k a week budget included the 10 k transfer budget. lucky to get man utd and chelsea as parent clubs, but they're not really doing much. the challenge is getting them through the divisions, i don't reckon i'll survive a month in the job in the BSP!!

Cheers strachjames, I would be grateful if you had any other suggestions I could use in any area of my game.:D

how did u get 2 parent clubs??? i can only get one...av u edit your parent clubs by any chance???

When he created his club he would of put them as his parent club I had Rangers and St Mirren when I done mine.

To be honest I put Chelsea as my only parent club on the editor, but then applied for another parent club in the game. Does anyone have any constructive points to make or compliments to my good start or are we just gonna keep ranting on about how you don't think it is a challenge?! Please, please try and give me support in my quest to guide Sutton to the top!! This is my first thread on the website!!

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 AM ----------

Does anyone have any ideas as to how to keep this thread popular like all the other threads reporting on getting a team to the top?

im not really sure tbh cause im doin the Weston super mare thread and thts my 1st so not sure tbh try screenshots so they can see what you have done.

To be honest I put Chelsea as my only parent club on the editor, but then applied for another parent club in the game. Does anyone have any constructive points to make or compliments to my good start or are we just gonna keep ranting on about how you don't think it is a challenge?! Please, please try and give me support in my quest to guide Sutton to the top!! This is my first thread on the website!!

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 AM ----------

Does anyone have any ideas as to how to keep this thread popular like all the other threads reporting on getting a team to the top?

To be honest with you, if you are concerned about this post being really popular, then people are less likely to post on it or take any notice. Those of us doing the LLM aren't doing it to be popular. We are doing it because we love playing as LLM and share our stories with others to inspire them to come over to LLM, to help others already doing LLM or just to show how well (or not) we are doing. Its not a popularity contest.
As for your concerns with regards to the rants, if you are going to start a LLM game with £90k a week wage budget then you will get comments about it. Most of us started the game with budgets of £4-5k and struggled to improve the team on no resources.
Having said that, you have made a good start to your game and it'll be interesting to see how it goes. You've certainly given the squad a complete overhaul. I wish you luck.

i have been reading my previous posts and saw i made a typo. i only have 9k wage budget and are therefore in serious debt!! akthough you may think that i feel it is a popularity contest, i don't and i have the same objective as you. to keep fm base updated of my successes on the game for everyone to see. i fully agree with your point nursemorph, and i don't think it is a popularity contest. i was merely interested as to what i should do to keep more people updated, such as your eastbourne thread. thanks for the constructive criticism, it has enabled me to get my point across. thanks a lot nursemorph, and keep the eastbourne challenge up!!.

As its only a 9k budget, then we will all concede that it is definitely a challenge. As far as keeping your game popular (so to speak;)), just keep on doing what you are doing. Keep us apprised of results, how your players are performing, transfers etc. The way you are writing it is fine, easy to read and not too much information. Ultimately, how much people read and post or don't is really down to them. A lot of us who are doing our LLM stories are on here a lot and therefore more people know us and are more likely to read our posts. But don't be disheartened: as long as you carry on doing what you are doing, then people will read and post.
One other suggestion: We do occassionally have little rants on posts every now and again so just be prepared and ignore it if you don't like it. We are always likely to comment if someone says they are gonna do LLM with 90k wage budget (Thats the problem with typo's - people get excited about something accidentally done)
I only felt you thought it was a popularity contest cos of the way you worded the post. I apologise for that comment.

For those who don't believe my typo, this is a screen shot. once again thanks to nursemorph for helping me find this out!!8-|
How is ur stadium attendences so big for such a small club??? put some up from the table and tatics and what players you have signed things like that

i only get 400 odd and im a bigger club, so i dont see how he has over 19000...i think the reputation he mite of also changed.

i only get 400 odd and im a bigger club, so i dont see how he has over 19000...i think the reputation he mite of also changed.

Ermmm....have another look. I think you'll find its 190,000 not 19,000 :O

Status
Not open for further replies.