Status
Not open for further replies.
that is totally unrealistic that explains why they r doin so well 2...no club in the world can get that in there stadium...also hes not saying anything about it so i think he mite b cheting as this will bring in alot of revunue so i doubt hes even in debt.

that is totally unrealistic that explains why they r doin so well 2...no club in the world can get that in there stadium...also hes not saying anything about it so i think he mite b cheting as this will bring in alot of revunue so i doubt hes even in debt.

Yep. And there I was being all nice and understanding and everything :S

before i started the game, i practically knew that i was going to run into debt. so i edited the reputation of the club and altered gander green lane (home ground). i did this to earn a bit more income and try and stay out of financial crisis. once in the game i asked for a stadium expansion. i know most of you think that it is cheating, but whilst looking at nursemorph's thread, i saw that he opened the thread by openly admitting that he cheated in fm 09 but was going to rectify that with eastbourne boro. you will also see that in the thread he has gained a lot of respect for admitting to it, unlike others. so i'll admit that i slightly altered the reputation of the club and our home ground, but what you should still note is that i started with the original squad, brought players in and kept the same finances. the actual football has all been done without cheating. i hope you respect my admission to cheating in the same way that you respect nursemorph.

yer but by altering the reputation you can say better players, the whole point of the lower leagues is to try and fight financial crisis.

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

Yep. And there I was being all nice and understanding and everything :S
I think most of us were i enjoy the challenge of trying to get the team away from financial trouble and to improve my reputation by winning big games i mean thatfrom the one above mind the last comment

I think most of us were i enjoy the challenge of trying to get the team away from financial trouble and to improve my reputation by winning big games i mean thatfrom the one above mind the last comment

I totally agree with that. Although I haven't moved up the Leagues enough in my opinion, I am very happy that at least my club generally runs at a profit and is financially stable

yer and uve done it without changing anything which isnt easy wen ur a club struggling in such a smallleague with not alot of income.in my opinion hes takin the fun out of the challenge.

yer and uve done it without changing anything which isnt easy wen ur a club struggling in such a smallleague with not alot of income.in my opinion hes takin the fun out of the challenge.

In all fairness, thats what I used to do before 09. I used to give a smaller club like £2Billion and then take them to the top. I used to enjoy it but, having done it the proper way, I would never go back. I actually love the frustrations of having my players being morons and losing matches I should win

thanks for all your criticisms, i can see where you are coming from. i don't know whether to start the game all over again or whether to keep it going as far as i can? any suggestions would be grateful on what i should do next.

Most teams who get editted in have very low reputation and find it hard to find any players who will sign for them. He said there are many free transfers who will sign for him. This made me suspicious of him editting his rep. He obviously editted his wage and transfer budgets, so reputation I expect was editted too. Any team that beats AFC Wilbledon 8-0 has obviously got really strong players. I don't think he'll have any challenge winning BSP let alone BSS. The stadium attendance also suggests a big modification to reputation. It would also explain why Man U wanted to be your parent club. If you want a challenging game you should have either converted them to BSS with their original stats, or given similar stats as to a side already in the BSS and not given yourself Chelsea as a parent club.

In all fairness, thats what I used to do before 09. I used to give a smaller club like £2Billion and then take them to the top. I used to enjoy it but, having done it the proper way, I would never go back. I actually love the frustrations of having my players being morons and losing matches I should win
I used to do the same but i got fed up of always loosin money if u want 2 use a club with loads of money i use man city as its always given u a good transfer budget.

i'm seriously considering starting a new thread with sutton utd but with their original stats. if anyone would be interested in that potential thread then PLEASE let me know.

thanks for all your criticisms, i can see where you are coming from. i don't know whether to start the game all over again or whether to keep it going as far as i can? any suggestions would be grateful on what i should do next.
Keep it has a fun game but if u want a serious challenge and get ppl interested do it the proper way. hope this helps

Its entirely up to you. At the end of the day, its your game and you are the only person who can decide how you want to play it. If you want to alter things and do it that way then go for it. If, however, you want to make it as realistic as possible, then restart it without any editor changes. But, as I said, its your game - we can't tell you what to do. We are just offering our opinions based on how we think it should be played. As I said before, I used to do the same thing on pretty much every single Football Manager game I have ever owned but I am now converted to doing it without help

i'm seriously considering starting a new thread with sutton utd but with their original stats. if anyone would be interested in that potential thread then PLEASE let me know.
Id been interested but try and do more screenshots of the players u have signed and the tatics as it mite help other players.

He's lied to us, just looked at that image. His current wage per week is 118k, there's a 104k pw difference. He's just gone and editted the file again. Quite frankly I find this rude and an insult to my intelligence. Instead of changing it, just start again making it a real lower league manager story or don't expect people to be interested, as if you can't win BSS and BSP with 118Kpw wage budget you must have made some truly atrocious player choices. When I won BSS most of my players were sub £100pw and part timers. Only this season have I actually managed to make my whole squad full time. There's no point reading a story about a BSS side who can have whichever players they want and can offer them ridiculous wages. You can have a 20 man squad offering each player £5k a week. No other team in BSS can offer their star player more than £700 a week.

Anyway I'm not going to read this thread anymore until you start a new one. I don't mind if you edit them so they are as strong as an average BSS team, as the starting stats otherwise would present you with a massive challenge, however this current topic is a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.