October 2016 Update

View attachment 265913

Palermo FC October 2016 Update

After we enjoy what could only be described as the ideal start in September we aimed to keep the momentum going into October. We had played some nice football and the swap in emphasis between catching teams on the counter last year to now actually going at teams seems to be working great.

Fixtures

View attachment 265911

Overall analogy - OK. We enjoyed success against Napoli which was a vital win at the time. Furthermore, we had really struggled against them in recent times and hadn't won in our last 4 games against them (drawing one and losing three).

We were happy to get the point against rivals Catania. In all honesty they dominated the game from start to finish and totally deserved the 3 points.

The defeat to Sassuolo wasn't too bad to take. They've really stepped it up this year and employed Claudio Ranieri in a bid to take them to the next level. They sit pretty in the league at the moment and we will look to seek revenge when the home fixture for us takes place next year.

The win in the Europa League almost but guarantees progression to the next round. The other 3 teams in the group are struggling to cope with our team at the moment. The next game sees Dynamo Kiev travel to Palermo, with a positive result we will confirm progression as mentioned above.

Competition Update

View attachment 265906

We cannot complain so far. Things looked all but tied up in the Europa League group stages whilst we occupy the Champions League position early on in the season. It's going to take something magical to take Juventus of this perch. It may be just outwith our grasp this season I feel.

POM

View attachment 265914
View attachment 265910
View attachment 265909

Alexandre Pato earns himself the award this month. He's excelled that's for sure and currently keeps Belotti out of the squad. 5 goals in 6 games (one which he did not feature in) was an impressive return. We will look for him to continue this good form for the coming months.

We have games against AC Milan and Juventus in November which shall be a real test of the players character.

Last edited:
Well done, well done :)

I also started the 2nd season, after a long and stressful transfer period. I managed to get rid of all the deadwood, including Pisano, Vitello, Ujkani, Ortiz, Andelkovic and some other players who were on loan or at the U20 team, and i bought Gabbiadini (4,5 mil euro + 500k after 50 apps), Albin Ekdal (same price), Panagiotis Tatchidis (free), Andreea Raggi (free from AS Monaco. extremely experienced) and Lorenzo Crisetig on loan.

I also activated the transfer clause for Emerson, who's a BEAST :)

Unfortunately, I started with a draw, 2-2 against Inter, but i managed to beat Sampdoria (3-2) and Sassuolo (2-0).