crusho79

Reaction score

Hey guys, after years of playing FM, i decided to start a thread about the tweaks we make to the original tactics posted on fm-base.

The rules are simple :

*post the name of the original tactic
*post the tweaked version of the tactic
*post the results with the tweaked version (at least half season using the tweaked version)
*explain the tweaks you`ve made to the original tactic

I do believe that this thread will help FM users to find a more suitable tactic for their needs.

HELP ME MAKE THIS THREAD "THE TWEAK CENTER FOR FOOTBALL MANAGER"

I`ll start with my first tweak for FM 18.2.2

Original tactic:

Demolisher - 3 ST V5 18.2.2

View attachment 67015

Tweaked version:

View attachment 67014

Tweaks made:

BPD to CD
Team Instructions (See the pics below)

View attachment 67012View attachment 67010

Results with WATFORD after 22 EPL Games :

View attachment 67008View attachment 67007
View attachment 67006View attachment 67005

ENJOY!

Last edited:
Great Idea

Lets hope this thread gets alot of love and some gem tactics appear! So bored of the 3 cb and 3 AF tactics. I hope to see some 4-4-2's in the mix!

Hey guys, after years of playing FM, i decided to start a thread about the tweaks we make to the original tactics posted on fm-base.

The rules are simple :

*post the name of the original tactic
*post the tweaked version of the tactic
*post the results with the tweaked version (at least half season using the tweaked version)
*explain the tweaks you`ve made to the original tactic

I do believe that this thread will help FM users to find a more suitable tactic for their needs.

HELP ME MAKE THIS THREAD "THE TWEAK CENTER FOR FOOTBALL MANAGER"

I`ll start with my first tweak for FM 18.2.2

Original tactic:

View attachment 1146551

Tweaked version:

View attachment 1146553

Tweaks made:

BPD to CD
Team Instructions (See the pics below)

View attachment 1146557View attachment 1146559

Results with WATFORD after 22 EPL Games :

View attachment 1146561View attachment 1146562
View attachment 1146563View attachment 1146564

ENJOY!

Lets hope this thread gets alot of love and some gem tactics appear! So bored of the 3 cb and 3 AF tactics. I hope to see some 4-4-2's in the mix!

This is my hope. That`s why i started this! :D

Very nice idea mate!!! i am the guy who is tweaking tactics alot! becouse i am always searching... and its very sad to me that when around 80-90% of world top leagues clubs are using winger tactics but its very hard to use it in the best football managing game!

so few points what is nom on my mind:

* i trually believe and follow TFF as tactic creator (becouse he build the system which alows to test tactics in very good way)
* he said that the same as in fm 17 any tipe of attacking wide players (wingers,inside forwards etc.) will not gives a player an apportunity to over achieve if you are underdog
*but i think after last patch 2.2 something has changed! and i think there is a lil hope for winger tactics to overachieve more!
*Another point that he is testing tactics in General mode. I think he is looking for general tactic who can perfom for everybody (underdogs and big teams in overall) so there is still some space to improve!
*so lets try to find out and to tweak some good tactics in this forum and maybe wi will find the way to play with our lovely formations and not just 3 at back and 3 up front ;)

Great idea

Good idea, but screenshots should only be allowed from 1st season so we all sort of know what type of team they are, no point posting screenshots of a mediocre team in 10yrs doing well as they probably have a boss team.

training???

Assistant manager doing the team training

Individual training :

CD - BPD training with focus on quickness & shoot with power
WB - CWB training with finishing & shoot with power
BBM and DLP - Roaming Playmaker with Tackling & shoot with power
ST - Complete Forward & shoot with power

Hi crusho79,

first off, congratulations, great tweak there! Works very well even in the lowest of the lower leagues.
One question though -
View attachment 66770

How did you get those contradicting instructions altogether? :D

Hi crusho79,

first off, congratulations, great tweak there! Works very well even in the lowest of the lower leagues.
One question though -
View attachment 1146816

How did you get those contradicting instructions altogether? :D

Hi mate, ... lol ... they are, but this is the way i train them, covers more attributes.
Bigger chance of players getting better faster!

This is from FM17, the save i`m working on atm, i get sensational results with this type of training:

View attachment 66752View attachment 66751

Plus my own tactic, a 5-3-2 attacking!

Hi mate, ... lol ... they are, but this is the way i train them, covers more attributes.
Bigger chance of players getting better faster!

This is from FM17, the save i`m working on atm, i get sensational results with this type of training:

View attachment 1146834View attachment 1146835

Plus my own tactic, a 5-3-2 attacking!
Oh okay! That was not really related to training though - If I choose the GK to distribute the ball over the oppos defence, I can't choose him to distribute it to the CB's at the same time?
Just seen you're on Touch - maybe it is only possible there :)
I was asking because it would maybe be possible to do this to even more, contradicting instructions. But nevermind!

Thanks anyway and I hope you all enjoy FM :)

My tweak from Demolisher - 3 ST V5 18.2.2

this is my tweak from

unbeaten still half season but promising

View attachment 66666

View attachment 66665

View attachment 66664

tweaks:
left right: BPD
center: desicive center back - stoper
change individula instruction wb from cut inside to run wide

dlp to BWM

AF left and right to Raumdagter . ( its beast)

tactis:
widht change to fairli narrow
added work ball into box

when you away and play bigger team change mentality to counter...

Last edited:
Very nice idea mate! will test it soon... for lower league teams raumdeuters probably should switch to wingers right? ;)
by the way raumdeuteurs should be righ foot on right and let foot on left couse they crossing alot yeah? i remember i was using them in fm17 and been very impressed!