The UEFA Champions League Challenge

so is jorge jesus was at benfica how long jesus did last and i wonder if LFV is still an president because this guy is ruined benfica by putting an ukrainian players into Benfica academy
i want to see leagues of portugal about how the teams are doing

nos.png
3.png
2.png

As for Jesus he took over from me at Hamburg but only lasted 1 season before retiring.

Hey klippy what do the top 3 most expensive players look like in 2038?

View attachment 549691View attachment 549693View attachment 549692

As for Jesus he took over from me at Hamburg but only lasted 1 season before retiring.
so does santarem team did make it to terceira liga and holy bananas cova da piedade,vizela,casa pia in primeira liga and belenenses,sacavenense,estrela da amadora are in segunda liga,so we have codecity vs supporters derby at belenenses vs Belenenses SAD,this is the future of portuguese league football

Hey klippy what do the top 3 most expensive players look like in 2038?

How about the top 3 in each position......................

Each position in the formation that I use and going by natural position.

Goalkeepers
daal.png
mora.png
tonsi.png

I had Tonsi as a prospect at Juventus I think. My beloved Callum Smart is valued at £53m and is the 5th highest valued.

--

Right Back
jacobs.png
ekanayake.png
henrique.png

Bet you didnt expect to see a Sri Lankan player here!!!

--

Centre Back
turker.png
aguiar.png
gakpa.png

--

Left Back
kelmendi.png
aly.png
mclaughlin.png

--

Central Midfield
maciel.png
sousa.png
caminos.png

--

Attacking Midfield Centre
crawford.png
fagner.png
fernandez.png

Scotland's very own Peter Crawford leads the list here. Going to win so many caps under me and I gave him his international debut too!

--

Attacking Midfielder Right
ferreira.png
henry.png
stafidas.png

Nice to see Stafidas here - I brought him into prominence when I signed him for AC Milan.

--

Attacking Midfielder Left
moe.png
sancho.png
valadez.png

--

Striker
matos.png
parise.png
goossens.png

--

Here is the top page of most expensive players.
1.png

--

And here is the player who has won 4 of the last 6 Ballon D'or
aurelio.png

And here is his ****** strike partner who holds that accolade now!!!!
tomeu.png

1618643037609.png

1962 European Cup Final - SL Benfica 5-3 Real Madrid

--

OCTOBER

Taca de Liga 3rd Phase Group A
nacional.png

Lineup
- Guerin, Silva, Cortes, Baidoo, Paredes, Fabricio, Bubenik (Fonseca), Gustavo, Covilha (Mansilla), Erakovic*, Lobo

I put out a slightly weakened side here but that didnt affect us in a negative way as we still ran out winners easily enough thanks to a fantastic hat-trick from Erakovic.

--

Taca de Portugal 3rd Round
benfica.png

Lineup
- Guerin, Mina, Gomes, Vakula, Paredes, Fonseca (Gonzalez), Bubenik, Gustavo, Mansilla*, Erakovic, Lobo (Moke)

Benfica v Benfica lol. With them being a lower division side I decided to play my backups and they smashed in 5 goals. Mansilla was the star of the show but unfortunately he hit the post with a last minute penalty to deny him his hat-trick.

--

UEFA Champions League Group E
man city.png

Lineup
- Guerin, Silva (Mina), Cortes, Baidoo, Moreno, Fabricio, Bubenik (Gonzalez), Gustavo (Lobo), Covilha, Osvaldo, Klump*

I DIDNT EXPECT THIS RESULT!!!!!!!!!

What a win!!!! Man City battered us for sure but Klump's two early goals gave us something to hold on to and we just about managed it. Klump even missed a penalty for his hat-trick so it could have been more.

--

estoril.png

Lineup - Guerin, Silva, Cortes, Baidoo, Moreno, Fabricio*, Bubenik (Gonzalez), Gustavo (Lobo), Covilha, Osvaldo, Klump

Estoril have probably the 4th best squad in the league but they are stinking the league out at the minute and they posed no problems for us here.

--

academica.png

Lineup - Guerin, Silva, Cortes, Baidoo, Moreno (Paredes), Fabricio*, Bubenik, Gustavo, Covilha (Mansilla), Osvaldo, Klump (Lobo)

Nice and easy although Academica did their best to help us by scoring an OG, giving me 2 penalties and having a man sent-off!!!! Fabricio scored a hat-trick as his amazing start to his Benfica career continues.

--

SUMMARY

Our top form continued this month as we won every match including a fantastic 2-1 away victory over Man City. To win this match shows that we can beat anybody anywhere and we are in pole position to win the group now.

We had 2 other cup games and they were easily won while in the league we easily beat Estoril and Academica. Everything is dandy!!!!

I had to arrange a signing of a young South African this month as the lad I signed in the summer is failing to settle so I am bringing in a 21y/o keeper who looks half decent to hold his hand and keep him company lol.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
FABRICIO
FABRICIO.png

--

LIGA NOS
OCT.png

--

1618643258884.png

SCOTLAND

UEFA Nations League Division A Group 3
germany.png

Lineup
- Smart, Hill, Gebbie, Farquhar, MacDonald (Malitoli), Gray, F.Munro (R.Byrne), J.Byrne, Crawford, Kerr (McKenzie), McMahon

If you had offered me a point before the game I would have snapped your arms off but having thrown away an early 2 goal lead I am left disappointed. Still a great result though!

--

czech.png

Lineup
- Smart, Hill*, Gebbie, Farquhar, Malitoli, Gray (Smith), F.Munro, J.Byrne, Crawford, Kerr (Hutchinson), McMahon (McKenzie)

Our draw against Czech Republic in our first fixture I think will prove to be costly as they have since lost 5-0 to Russia which shows that they are the weakest side in the group. We fell behind here but bounced back with 3 fine goals.

1618650618720.png

Bela Guttmann

Guttmann had 2 spells as manager of Benfica most famously between 1959-62 and then 1965-66. Amazingly he had been a manager for 26 years before he joined Benfica from FC Porto and would continue in management until 1973! At Benfica he won 2 European Cups, 2 League titles and a Portuguese Cup all during his first spell in charge.

--

NOVEMBER

0-0.png

Lineup
- Guerin, Mina*, Cortes, Baidoo, Moreno, Fabricio, Bubenik (Gonzalez), Gustavo (Lobo), Covilha, Osvaldo (Erakovic), Klump

We qualify for the knockout stages with this point. We really should have won the game however as Man City were terrible and didnt even have a shot on target!

--

maritimo.png

Lineup - Guerin, Silva (Mina), Cortes, Baidoo, Moreno, Fabricio, Bubenik, Gustavo, Covilha, Osvaldo (Bruno Eduardo), Klump

CRAZY!!!!!!!!!

At 2-0 and 4-1 and 5-2 up we were on easy street and there was nothing to worry about but Maritimo werent finished and even when we went 6-4 up in stoppage time they still found enough time to pull another goal back. Jeezo.

--

Taca de Portugal 4th Round
santa clara.png

Lineup
- Vicente, Mina, Gomes, Vakula, Paredes, Gonzalez (Fonseca), Bubenik, Moke, Mansilla, Erakovic (Villar), Lobo*

Two hat-tricks in one game!!!! Mansilla and Lobo tore Santa Clara apart here as once again my backups got a chance to shine and by god they took that chance here. My keeper got injured on international duty so Vicente will come in for a few games.

--

atletico.png

Lineup - Vicente, Mina, Cortes, Baidoo, Paredes, Fabricio, Bubenik (Gonzalez), Gustavo, Mansilla (Villar), Erakovic (Bruno Eduardo), Lobo

Disappointed not to hold on for the win here but considering our injury troubles and the fact I rested a few other players I cant complain too much. If we beat Olympiakos in the last group match we win the group and I would have taken that at the start of the stage!

--

porto.png

Lineup - Vicente, Silva, Cortes, Baidoo, Moreno, Fabricio, Bubenik (Gonzalez), Bruno Eduardo (Lobo), Covilha (Mansilla), Osvaldo, Klump*

Fantastic. To go away to FC Porto and put 4 goals past them is really something and it moves us further clear at the top of the table. You might as well hand us the title now lol.

--

SUMMARY

Another near perfect month! Domestically we are on fire and no team can stop us as proven by the fact that we defeated FC Porto 4-2 on their own patch to open up a 7pt lead with a game in hand already!!! In the Champions League we drew with Man City and Atletico Madrid and should win the group so everything is going brilliantly at the minute.

The fact that we had so many injury problems, coupled with the fact that my squad is nowhere near the level that I feel it needs to get to means that the results and performances are all the more impressive.

Scotland news. We have been drawn against Portugal in the Nations League semis while in the Euro qualifiers we will come up against Wales, Slovakia, Belarus and Azerbaijan.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
DENNIS KLUMP
klump.png
(tight decision but he scored a hat-trick for Germany so that swayed it lol)
--

LIGA NOS
nov.png

--

1618650907495.png

SCOTLAND

6-3.png

Lineup
- Smart, Gray, Carrodus (Purves), Fraser, MacDonald, R.Byrne (Lee), F.Munro (Smith), J.Byrne, Crawford*, Kerr, McMahon

WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

An unbelievable match and a fantastic result. Every now and then we pull out a storming performance and here was another one as we hit Germany for 6 to go top of the group. We even scored 2 of Germany's goals for them!!!!! Fraser Munro earned his 50th cap in this match. If we beat Russia in our next match we will win the group.

--

russia.png

Lineup
- Smart, Hill, Carrodus, Farquhar, MacDonald, Gray, F.Munro (Smith), J.Byrne*, Crawford (Mitchell), Kerr (Hutchinson), McMahon

WE WIN THE GROUP!!!!

Goals galore yet again as we put 4 past Russia to qualify for the semis of the Nations League. To finish above Germany is some achievement and we must surely now be seen as one of the top nations in world football.

group.png

1618676050604.png

Eusebio

He may not have appeared in the first European Cup win but in the next season 20y/o Eusebio scored 2 goals as Benfica defeated Real Madrid 5-3. Eusebio is Benfica's greatest ever player and in 440 games he scored an incredible 473 goals!!!!!!! He played for Benfica between 1961-75 and won 11 league titles, 5 Portuguese Cups and of course 1 European Cup.

--

DECEMBER

casa pia.png

Lineup
- Vicente, Silva, Cortes, Baidoo, Moreno (Paredes), Fabricio*, Hubenik, Gustavo (Bruno Eduardo), Covilha, Osvaldo, Klump

I have never heard of Casa Pia so to struggle to beat them 1-0 is pretty dismal tbh. At least we won though I suppose as Gustavo got the only goal of the game. Casa Pia sacked their manager after this match.

--

olympiakos.png

Lineup
- Vicente, Mina, Gomes, Vakula, Paredes, Gonzalez (Fonseca), Bubenik, Bruno Eduardo, Mansilla, Erakovic (Villar), Lobo

**** RIGHT OFF!!!!!

This is embarrassing. With 4min to go we were 3-1 up against 10 men and winning the group but we somehow managed to let the lead slip away and only draw and therefore finish 2nd in the group. You have no idea how raging I am about this result. Sure you could say I shouldnt have played my backups but in no way should we have given that lead away.

--

cdp.png

Lineup - Guerin, Silva, Cortes, Baidoo, Moreno, Fabricio (Gonzalez), Bubenik (Mansilla), Bruno Eduardo (Lobo), Covilha, Osvaldo, Klump*

I have never heard of this team either! lol. Sorry for my ignorance of Portuguese football teams! We won easily enough with Dennis Klump netting a hat-trick.

--

Taca de Portugal 5th Round
famalicao.png

Lineup
- Guerin, Silva (Mina), Cortes*, Baidoo, Moreno, Fabricio, Bubenik, Lobo, Mansilla (Villar), Erakovic, Klump (Moke)

We struggled to get going here and for the first hour we were hopeless but we got the leveller through Lobo to take the tie into extra-time. Erakovic then put us in front and a goalkeeper error allowed Villar to score and we move into the quarter-finals.

--

Taca da Liga 3rd Phase Group A
feirense.png

Lineup
- Guerin, Mina, Gomes, Vakula, Paredes, Gonzalez, Bubenik (Fonseca), Lobo*, Mansilla, Erakovic, Moke

We knew before kick-off that we had won the group and qualified for the next stage so yet again I put out my backups and yet again they delivered. Moke got his first 2 goals for us and Lobo chipped in with a terrific hat-trick. He is a striker but did a great job on the RW here.

--

rio ave.png

Lineup - Guerin, Silva, Cortes, Baidoo, Moreno (Paredes), Fabricio, Covilha, Lobo, Mansilla, Osvaldo (Erakovic), Klump*

We keep up our 100% record in the league here with a nondescript victory over Rio Ave who we have been paired against in the Taca da Liga semis. Klump got both the goals and thats about it lol

--

SUMMARY

2038 is over and we move into a new decade!!!! Once again the majority of our results were good but our 3-3 draw with Olympiakos was pathetic and I think it has cost us dearly as Man City ended up getting Lazio in the next round while we have been drawn against Real Madrid!!!

Other than that one match we won every other game and are still looking strong.

Peter Crawford - who I gave a Scotland debut at the age of 17 won the FIFA Mens Best Player Award while amazingly my Benfica keeper, Guerin, won the European Goalkeeper of the Year award!!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
FABIO LOBO
lobo.png

--

LIGA NOS
dec.png

Last edited:
Those are some shockingly good players. And that Sri Lankan is probably a national hero!

What about their transfer fees? Check out world -> world transfers -> leading transfers in the dropdown menu. Looking forward to ridiculous transfer fees and a fair number of flops.

Those are some shockingly good players. And that Sri Lankan is probably a national hero!

What about their transfer fees? Check out world -> world transfers -> leading transfers in the dropdown menu. Looking forward to ridiculous transfer fees and a fair number of flops.

transfers.png

1618732562722.png

Costa Pereira

Pereira was the goalkeeper for Benfica in their back to back European Cup wins. In all he played 253 times for Benfica between 1954-67 and spent his entire career at the club. He won 8 League titles, 5 Portuguese Cups and of course 2 European Cups in his career.

--

JANUARY

guimaraes.png

Lineup
- Guerin, Silva, Cortes, Baidoo, Moreno, Fabricio, Bubenik, Bruno Eduardo (Gustavo*), Mansilla (Santos), Osvaldo (Erakovic), Klump

Another easy victory and thats 14 in a row since the start of the league season lol. We are unbeaten in all competitions too!

--

portimonese.png

Lineup - Guerin, Silva, Cortes, Baidoo, Moreno, Fabricio, Bubenik (Mina), Bruno Eduardo, Mansilla (Santos), Osvaldo, Klump*

Dennis Klump continued his amazing scoring streak here with another 4 goals. He now has 11 in his last 4 league games!!!!

--

Taca de Portugal Quarter-Final
3-1.png

Lineup - Guerin, Silva, Cortes, Baidoo, Moreno, Fabricio, Bubenik, Bruno Eduardo, Mansilla (Ndongo), Osvaldo (Erakovic), Klump*

We make it into the semis thanks to another 2 goals from Klump and also a fluke goal by Fabricio as his cross into the box found the net. Ndongo finally returned from injury here which is a boost.

--

sporting.png

Lineup - Guerin, Silva, Cortes, Baidoo, Paredes, Fabricio, Bubenik (Ndongo), Bruno Eduardo*, Mansilla, Osvaldo, Klump (Lobo)

A wonderful result and performance. We were unstoppable in the first half and Bruno Eduardo scored a wonderful hat-trick to put the game beyond Sporting. Mansilla picked up his first league goal for us too.

--

Taca da Liga Semi-Final
rio.png

Lineup
- Guerin, Silva, Cortes, Baidoo*, Paredes (Mina), Fabricio (Ndongo), Bubenik, Bruno Eduardo (Gustavo), Mansilla, Osvaldo, Lobo

Easy enough. It wasnt one of our better performances but we did enough to get through and we will play FC Porto in the final.

--

Taca da Liga Final
final.png

Lineup
- Guerin, Silva (Mina), Cortes, Baidoo, Paredes, Fabricio, Bubenik (Ndongo), Bruno Eduardo*, Mansilla, Osvaldo (Erakovic), Lobo

WOW!!!!!

What a way to win a final!!!! We smash 5 goals past FC Porto in a match that our supporters will remember for a long time to come! We are so far ahead of the other Portuguese teams it is quite embarrassing really.

--

moreirense.png

Lineup - Guerin, Silva, Cortes, Baidoo (Gomes), Paredes, Fabricio, Ndongo, Bruno Eduardo (Gustavo), Covilha (Erakovic), Osvaldo, Klump*

We welcomed back Covilha into the first team here after he was playing for Angola in the African Cup of Nations. He had a quiet game in truth but Ndongo and Klump were really impressive. Fabricio missed a first half penalty too!

--

braga.png

Lineup - Guerin, Silva, Cortes, Baidoo, Paredes, Fabricio*, Ndongo, Bruno Eduardo (Gustavo), Covilha (Bubenik), Osvaldo (Erakovic), Klump

Fabricio has undoubtedly been my best signing for the club so far and he chipped in with another 2 goals here to take him into double figures for the season.

--

SUMMARY

We start off 2039 in fine form as expected. We won all of our matches including a 4-1 away victory over Sporting Lisbon in the league and a 5-1 victory over FC Porto to win the Taca da Liga. Tbh it is getting quite boring winning every week lol as there is absolutely no challenge to us whatsoever. We are still unbeaten in all competitions and have won every single domestic match and we are slowly getting some of our injured players back too!

Regarding the transfer window I rejected several massive offers for Baidoo, Covilha and Cortes. All 3 are unhappy that they are still here but I dont care. I did sign a few young Portuguese players in a deliberate attempt to add more home grown talent to the ranks. Elvis Silva looks a player but I am delighted with the capture of Renato Santos.
silvA.png
SANTOS.png
alexandre.png
babo.png
fortes.png

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
DENNIS KLUMP
DK.png

--

LIGA NOS
JAN.png

1618745244606.png

Mario Joao

Despite spending 7 years with Benfica between 1955-62, Mario Joao only featured 89 times for the club yet he appeared in both winning European Cup finals and also won 2 league titles and 2 Portuguese Cups.

--

FEBRUARY

Taca de Portugal Semi-Final 1st Leg
rio.png

Lineup
- Guerin, Silva, Cortes, Baidoo, Paredes, Fabricio*, Ndongo, Bruno Eduardo (Gustavo), Mansilla (Santos), Erakovic, Klump (Lobo)

Not bad. I would have preferred a bigger winning margin so I could play my backups in the 2nd leg. I still might but we shall see.

--

famalicao.png

Lineup - Guerin, Silva (Mina), Cortes, Baidoo (Gomes), Paredes, Fabricio, Ndongo, Bruno Eduardo (Gustavo), Covilha, Osvaldo, Klump*

In the first 8 league games this season Klump had 3 goals. He has now scored 20 in his last 11!!!!

--

Taca de Portugal Semi-Final 2nd Leg
ave.png

Lineup
- Guerin, Silva, Mina*, Baidoo, Paredes, Fabricio (Bubenik), Ndongo, Bruno Eduardo, Covilha (Santos), Erakovic (Silva), Lobo

Job done. Lobo scored the only goal of the game to secure our place in the final. Elvis Silva made his debut here off the bench and became the clubs youngest ever player in the process.

--

vicente.png

Lineup - Guerin, Silva, Cortes, Baidoo, Paredes (Mina), Fabricio (Bubenik), Ndongo, Bruno Eduardo, Covilha (Santos), Osvaldo, Klump*

What a comeback this is!!!!

For 54min we were terrible and were deservedly 2-0 down but 2 goals in 2min from Klump and Osvaldo all of a sudden had us level but then we fell behind again. Thankfully Osvaldo levelled again and Klump nudged us ahead late on while Ndongo scored with a header in stoppage time to ease any nerves.

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 1st Leg
madrid.png

Lineup - Guerin, Silva (Mina), Cortes, Baidoo, Paredes, Fabricio (Mansilla), Ndongo, Bruno Eduardo*, Covilha, Osvaldo (Erakovic), Klump

GET IN THERE!!!!!!!!!

We put in a fantastic performance and really should have scored a few more such was our dominance. Klump and Bruno Eduardo got the goals but unfortunately they scored with one of their few attacks. That away goal conceded could prove to be really costly but if we remain unbeaten after the 2nd leg we will be through lol.

--

moreirense.png

Lineup - Guerin, Silva, Mina (Gomes), Baidoo (Vakula), Paredes, Bubenik, Ndongo, Bruno Eduardo, Mansilla*, Osvaldo (Erakovic), Klump

Thiago Mansilla came into the side here and scored twice to help us to victory. He has been quite unheralded so far this season but now has 13 goals for the campaign. My first choice AMC - Covilha - has 3 lol.

--

pdf.png

Lineup - Guerin, Silva, Cortes, Mina, Paredes, Fabricio, Ndongo (Bubenik), Bruno Eduardo, Covilha*, Osvaldo (Erakovic), Klump (Lobo)

Pacos de Ferreira are rock bottom and we piled on the misery here with a 3-1 victory. Fabricio also missed a last minute penalty and we had a goal disallowed too!

--

vizela.png

Lineup
- Guerin, Silva, Cortes, Baidoo, Paredes (Vakula), Bubenik, Bruno Eduardo*, Mansilla (Santos), Osvaldo (Erakovic), Klump

Vizela have been the surprise package this season as they came into the game in 3rd place but we swept them aside here.

--

SUMMARY

We had yet another perfect month here with a 100% record. In the league we just keep on winning (as we do in the cups lol) and our lead at the top is 12pts and we have a game in hand! We are playing some fine football but as I have been saying - that is relatively easy to do in our domestic fixtures due to the lack of quality.

You cant say that about the Champions League however and we pulled up the trees to defeat them 2-1 at home. It was a terrific performance where if we had scored 4 or even 5 nobody would have been surprised. As it was it was a narrow victory and they have the away goal so that is a big worry.

We are still unbeaten this season though!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
BRUNO EDUARDO
eduardo.png

--

LIGA NOS
FEB.png

1618846855637.png

Germano

Another who played in both of the winning European Cup finals. He played for Benfica between 1960-66 and made 75 apps and scored 4 goals. He also won 4 league titles and 2 Portuguese Cups.

--

MARCH

rio.png

Lineup - Guerin, Silva (Mina), Cortes*, Baidoo, Paredes, Fabricio (Bubenik), Ndongo, Bruno Eduardo, Covilha, Osvaldo, Klump (Lobo)

This win secures our place in next seasons Champions League and with that I have been given a £25m transfer budget. Not too great tbh. Amazingly this was our 6th meeting with Rio Ave this season!

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 2nd Leg
real.png

Lineup - Guerin, Silva (Mina), Cortes, Baidoo, Paredes, Fabricio, Ndongo, Bruno Eduardo (Gustavo), Mansilla (Erakovic), Osvaldo, Klump*

Dennis Klump to the rescue!!!! We knock out Real Madrid and are still unbeaten for the season with this draw. They took the lead early doors which was the worst possible start and despite their pressure we managed to hold on and then with 9min to go Klump equalised to send us through.

--

estori.png

Lineup - Guerin, Silva, Cortes, Baidoo, Paredes, Fabricio, Ndongo, Bruno Eduardo (Gustavo), Mansilla (Bubenik), Osvaldo (Erakovic), Klump*

Estoril put up a good fight here and challenged us all the way and they probably deserved a point tbh but my players dug in and got the goals to give us the points. Estoril had a tycoon takeover them a few years ago but now they have a new president so I think they may drop down a level or two in time.

--

nacional.png

Lineup - Guerin, Mina, Gomes (Bubenik), Baidoo, Vakula (Fortes), Fabricio, Ndongo*, Bruno Eduardo, Mansilla, Osvaldo, Klump (Lobo)

Despite having a makeshift defence out we still managed to win unsurprisingly. Osvaldo scored with a stunning 30 yard effort that crashed in off the upright.

--

academica.png

Lineup - Guerin, Silva*, Cortes, Baidoo (Moreno), Paredes, Bubenik, Ndongo (Holovko), Bruno Eduardo (Gustavo), Covilha, Osvaldo, Lobo

A bog standard domestic win lol. Covilha has scored in each of his last 3 league appearances now while Lobo netted his 15th goal of the season which is not bad considering he is my backup striker.

--

SUMMARY

We are still unbeaten this season which means we are still in the Champions League!!!! We drew away to Real Madrid to knock them out on aggregate which is an unbelievable achievement but alas I fear that we will go no further as Borussia Dortmund will be our opponents in the quarter-finals.

In the league, surprise surprise, we won every match and our lead at the top is now 15pts with just 7 games to go so it should be wrapped up.

The youth intake was not bad with 3 or 4 more Ukrainians joining and also 3 or 4 Portuguese players whose names sound like they are from Ukraine lol.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
DENNIS KLUMP
klump.png

--

LIGA NOS
march.png

--

1618847752443.png

SCOTLAND

UEFA European Championship Qualifiers Group B
azerbaijan.png

Lineup - Smart, Hill (Malitoli), Gebbie, Carrodus (Fraser), MacDonald, Gray, F.Munro (Smith), J.Byrne*, Crawford, Kerr, McMahon

Very nice. John Byrne got us off and running and he has now scored in each of our last 5 matches. McMahon had a penalty saved so he was denied his hat-trick.

--

UEFA European Championship Qualifiers Group B
slovakia.png

Lineup
- Smart, Hill (Purves), Gebbie, Carrodus, MacDonald, Gray, F.Munro*, J.Byrne, Crawford (Mitchell), Kerr (Hutchinson), McMahon

2 wins out of 2! We performed very well here. They took the lead with their first shot on goal but never had an effort afterwards. McMahon drew us level and then had one disallowed before Fraser Munro grabbed the winner.

1618853843514.png

Angelo Martins

A one club man, Angelo Martins spent 13 years at the club between 1952-65. The defender made 285 apps and scored 4 goals and won 7 league titles, 5 Portuguese Cups and of course 2 European Cups. He featured in both of the successful finals.

--

APRIL

maritimo.png

Lineup
- Guerin, Silva, Cortes, Baidoo, Moreno (Paredes), Fabricio, Ndongo*, Bruno Eduardo, Covilha, Osvaldo, Klump (Lobo)

A comfortable victory but we played far better than the scoreline suggests which is saying something considering we won 3-0!!! We were terrific and peppered the Maritimo goal throughout the match.

--

UEFA Champions League Quarter-Final 1st Leg
dortmund.png

Lineup
- Guerin, Silva, Cortes, Baidoo, Moreno, Fabricio, Ndongo (Bubenik), Bruno Eduardo (Gustavo), Covilha, Osvaldo (Erakovic), Klump*

WHAT A RESULT!!!!!!

I didnt give us much hope here tbh but my players dug in and performed brilliantly to not only come away with a draw but also getting 2 away goals. Our 2nd goal was an absolute joke as their keeper booted the ball off Klump and it looped into the net as we were gifted our 2nd equaliser.

--

vitoria.png

Lineup - Guerin, Mina, Cortes, Baidoo, Moreno, Fabricio (Gomes), Bubenik, Bruno Eduardo, Mansilla*, Osvaldo, Klump

CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!

We claim the title by beating Vitoria Guimaraes here and although we fell behind my players found it within themselves to get us the victory that we needed.

Now can we keep the winning streak going and end the campaign with a 100% record.

--

UEFA Champions League Quarter-Final 2nd Leg
borussia.png

Lineup
- Guerin, Silva, Cortes, Baidoo, Paredes (Moreno), Fabricio*, Ndongo, Bruno Eduardo (Gustavo), Covilha (Mansilla), Osvaldo, Klump

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Now if I thought that the first leg result was a surprise this result has blown my mind. We trounced Dortmund here and played them off the park. They didnt even have a shot on target such was our dominance! It really was a tremendous performance and I will point it out again - we are still unbeaten this season!!!!

--

porto.png

Lineup - Guerin*, Silva, Cortes, Baidoo, Paredes, Fabricio, Ndongo, Bruno Eduardo (Gustavo), Covilha (Mansilla), Osvaldo (Erakovic), Klump

Our last "tough" fixture in the league is successfully negotiated and we further extend our sizable lead at the top of the table. Porto actually played quite well as my goalkeeper getting the MOM award shows and he also saved a penalty.

--

casa pia.png

Lineup - Guerin, Mina, Bubenik, Vakula, Moreno, Fonseca, Holovko, Gustavo, Mansilla, Erakovic, Lobo*

WHAT A PERFORMANCE THIS IS!!!!!

I chucked in my backups with the Champions League tie upcoming and they just blew me and Casa Pia away. Astonishingly we were 5-0 up after just 13min so in a perverse way to only score 7 is a disappointment lol. Every single player put in a standout performance and they will get more chances in future league games.

--

UEFA Champions League Semi-Final 1st Leg
juve.png

Lineup
- Guerin, Silva (Mina), Cortes, Baidoo, Paredes, Fabricio, Ndongo, Bruno Eduardo (Lobo), Covilha, Osvaldo, Klump*

Is this run going to end?????

Once again we pull off a great performance to upset one of Europes top guns. We got an early lead through a Fabricio penalty in the 4th minute and thats how it stayed until 80min when they equalised. I would have been happy with a 1-1 draw but Dennis Klump popped up with the winner and we have a great advantage for the 2nd leg.

--

cdp.png

Lineup - Guerin, Mina, Bubenik, Vakula, Moreno, Fonseca (Babo), Holovko, Gustavo (Moke), Mansilla (Santos), Erakovic*, Lobo

My backups were made to work harder for their win this time out as we fell behind early doors.

--

SUMMARY

See basically every other month and repeat lol

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
DENNIS KLUMP
dk.png

--

LIGA NOS
APR.png

1618939220239.png

SAVE IS ON HOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The time has come. It aint a write-off but after near 20 seasons of managing it is becoming a wee bit stale and this season has eroded so much of the fun as my side is on course to win every single league match and go the entire campaign unbeaten despite having a **** squad!!!!!

I need a wee break to recharge the batteries so I will start a new save which will hopefully work out the first time of asking.

Got a couple of clubs/leagues in mind so will spend tonight scoping them out.

Sorry!!!!!!!​

Oh I see, this is a heinous ploy to not manage aston villa!! lol

Joking aside its been a great read, thanks for the story

Oh I see, this is a heinous ploy to not manage aston villa!! lol

Joking aside its been a great read, thanks for the story

No probs. I have kept the save file so it aint dead in the water.

I did manage Villa for a little while!!!!

Part of the problem was that after leaving Inter Milan - Benfica were one of the 3 teams I would have hand picked to go and it has soured it slightly. I know I could win the Champions League and jog on again but what if I dont? Unlikely given our form lol. Its just that given the time in the game and hopping from club to club I miss building something. Thats why my period in charge of Celtic was so fun as I built up this wonderful team with thrilling players but I had to leave them all too soon. Victim of my own success lol