The Ultimate Champions League Challenge

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr_Grieves
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 237
  • Views Views 60K

May

Real Madrid V Man Utd - Champions League S/F 2nd leg
Caught in the headlights here. Stick with how we played in the 1st leg or switch to the counter attacking way we got the result against Bayern! Van Persie is fit, But only for the bench. NO RONALDO FOR MADRID!

Real Madrid 1-3 Man Utd
Fellaini
Young
Rooney

AGG Man Utd 5-1 Real Madrid

Bayern Tactics it is and we ease! Into the Final
View attachment 296620

Both sides make the final very comfortably
View attachment 296621

Wigan 0-1 Man Utd
Van Persie

Man Utd 1-2 West Ham
Cleverley

Title dream died with Fellaini getting sent off. Had we won this "Simple" game we'd have won the League

Final League table
View attachment 296622

Sunderland bottom, Newcastle survive, just!

Champions League Final

View attachment 296640

Wembley hit by Champions League
Has this happened before?
Same teams same venue as 2011

The line ups
View attachment 296638

Barcelona
Only player you'd be surprised to be missing is Eric Abidal who hasn't played a game all season, That aside it the best of Barca

Yay :)
View attachment 296639

Man Utd
Nani was close but didn't quite make it. Rio picked up a knock it training and will also miss out. Kagawa and Fletcher miss out as i go all out for the big one

The Match

Quiet 1st half were making plenty chances just Van Persie has picked up a unhealthy habit of hitting the post

46 - Goal - Barcelona Messi
Right on half time the overrated mistro gives Barca the lead

HT - Barcelona 1-0 Man Utd

Our chances are beginning to fade, were making less chances but still hitting the post way too much

FT - Barcelona 1-0 Man Utd

Hit the post 3 times, shots on target 0 sums up our final we might have won it but its was left to Barca to take the Champions League final record at Wembley to 3 wins from 3

View attachment 296637

Post Match

"Im pretty ****** off to have reached the final and be the first person to get a shot at winning points for a champions league win. I just hope no big jobs come up over the summer, and Man Utd give me a new contract!"

As a dear and close friend Darran I have these following words of sympathy...........................

GET IT UP YE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol

train Rooney to midfielder centre, if u played him not scholes u can beat anyone :)

train Rooney to midfielder centre, if u played him not scholes u can beat anyone :)

I've been told to play him there before by someone else and he's not been going great up top so i might just try this mate

Season 1 Review

Premiership - 2nd
Champions League - Runner Up's
FA Cup - 3rd round
League Cup - Runner Up's

The ultimate story of so close yet so far

Premiership

Man City Won the League after a season long battle with ourselves. Chelsea were always hovering in the background but never right up with Man Utd

QPR, Reading and Sunderland all go down. A omen perhaps?

FA Cup
Chelsea 3-1 Liverpool - Final

We played a youth team and paid for it in the 3rd round

Carling Cup
Man Utd 2-2 Tottenham - Spurs win on penalty

Spurs won a lottery and were the better team on the day

2012/13 awards

Footballer of the year
Antonio Valencia - 7.58

Top scorer
Edin Dzeko 34 games 26 goals
R Van Persie 22 games 22 goals

Golden Glove
Hugo Lloris - 17 clean sheets

Young player of the year
Gareth Bale

Manager of the year
Roberto Mancini, I don't even get top 3!

Other Euro leagues

Germany
View attachment 296816

Bayern Munich won the league by 27 points!

France
View attachment 296818

Money wins the day in Paris

Italy
View attachment 296819

Udinese go down

Spain
View attachment 296820

Real dominate

Going into the summer

Well unfortunately I'll still be in Manchester. Going to look at the squad and see what else i can do to improve the squad to be better overall. Less stupid defeats to mid table rubbish

Unlucky in the final, and your are in a predicament now. Do you invest in Man UTD and get quality players in, only for them to be the competition, or do you purchase players who you think will only just better your current team?? Good luck in your second season!! Any ideas who you fancy managing next or will you just wait until a job becomes available?

Unlucky in the final, and your are in a predicament now. Do you invest in Man UTD and get quality players in, only for them to be the competition, or do you purchase players who you think will only just better your current team?? Good luck in your second season!! Any ideas who you fancy managing next or will you just wait until a job becomes available?

Man Utd wont need much investment. Runners up last year so no more than 1 star player in the summer i hope.

Next job is totally up in the air!. Hoping for Barca or Real Madrid's managers will go off to be a international manager after the 2014 world cup. Hope to join a team that are able to win the CL right away

unluckey not to win gd luck next year...i hope to update mine tonight

Season 2 Preview

First team 2013
View attachment 297172

More changes than you may have expected! Two defenders to make my defense more reliable, World class Midfielder and Attacker added for big bucks

Major Manager change
Rafa Benitez takes over at Bayern Munich

Transfers
Chelsea beat me to Cabaye
View attachment 297173View attachment 297174View attachment 297175View attachment 297177

Man Utd signings
View attachment 297176

In

Neymar
View attachment 297180
Saw him on the transfer list and thought he would be my major buy for the summer

Marek Hamsik
View attachment 297182
Saw him on the transfer list and thought he would also be my major buy for the summer

Stephan Lichtsteiner
View attachment 297183
At the back of my mind i knew Chris Smalling wasn't a Wing back so when Stephen Lichtstiner was available on the transfer list he solved a huge problem

Out

Every major sale was made to make space for the incoming world beaters

Ashley Young to Newcastle after being our back up winger, Nani demoted to that role
Darren Fletcher to Spurs i feel will turn out to be a mistake with Giggs and Scholes reaching the end and Cleverly being mega inconsistent Marek MUST work out
Alex Buttner to Wolves. It was Buttner or Fabio and both may be hopeless but Fabio can fill in so many position

great signing although when u leave man utd u probs wont b able to get neymar

Getting £16.5mil for young and £15mil for fletcher is great business!
Maybe look to bring in a back-up CM just in case? But don't get someone you'll want to sign later on as I think you'll win the CL this season so can leave after.

Getting £16.5mil for young and £15mil for fletcher is great business!
Maybe look to bring in a back-up CM just in case? But don't get someone you'll want to sign later on as I think you'll win the CL this season so can leave after.

I'm training Rooney at CM so if he develops as i've read in the forum then i'll be laughing

great signing although when u leave man utd u probs wont b able to get neymar

Thats a good point. He was transfer listed so someone was going to get him so i thought might as well be me

August

Man Utd 3-0 Wigan
Valencia
Nani 2

West Ham 0-0 Man Utd

Man Utd 1-0 Stoke
Hamsik

League
View attachment 297185

After the first half against Wigan we've looked very poor in front of goal, Speed on into the team Neymar and fire us to the Championship

Champions League Draw
This year Man Utd got back to the easy draws were accustomed too.

Man Utd
Benfica
Spartak Moscow
APOEL

Benfica will be graced by our presence again and hopefully we'll get 6 points against them this year despite our horrid form at the start of the season

Back