Dimazz

Reaction score
View attachment 322538
Hello and welcome to my first story on FM 13. This is by far not he first save of my fm 13 but lack of commitment saw me end endless ammounts of careers with teams like chelsea all the way down to afc wimbledon. You know the drill 3-5 successive defeats, not achieved promotion etc. and im outta here haha. But today is the day we start the real save - The san Marino challenge.

The challenge: take control of San Marino - the club - competing in Italian Serie C1 (3rd tier) and lead them all the way to Serie A championship and continental success. At the same time your goal is to take San Marino - the national team - from being virtually the worst member amongst FIFA affiliated teams to become a respectable football country, and eventually contend for major international tournaments. We RE GOING TO DO JUST THAT.
Now you have to understand i am just an ordinary fm player and maybe a bit of a noob. So ask me for screenshots and updates of things you want to see but for me i will be doing monthly game update with additional separate NT updates.

But for now lets do this!
View attachment 322539View attachment 322540

Well we are screwed :)
View attachment 322544

Last edited:
well your story is definitely worthwhile reading following :)

The problem your going to have with San Marino is that a lot of players possess dual Italian nationality, And therefore think they are all good enough to play for Italy and will reject your call ups for years and years!

I have done just the club challenge and have won 18 Serie A titles on the bounce and several Champions League trophies!

But I will be watching this!

The problem your going to have with San Marino is that a lot of players possess dual Italian nationality, And therefore think they are all good enough to play for Italy and will reject your call ups for years and years!
yeah already found that problem with my andorra last year, i just have to not play them until they are 21 or 23 years. It should work out as i didnt restrict myself in just youth challenge at the same time...

I have done just the club challenge and have won 18 Serie A titles on the bounce and several Champions League trophies!

But I will be watching this!
Im not finding it quite as easy lol but glad to hear, first update today

yeah already found that problem with my andorra last year, i just have to not play them until they are 21 or 23 years. It should work out as i didnt restrict myself in just youth challenge at the same time...
I haven't had one youth player with dual nationality on my Andorra save!

really??? i had a couple from my 1st draft, didnt get further so dunno.
Dual nationality is actually illegal in Andorra, I've found one player in the Andorran leagues with dual nationality and one of my players took Spanish nationality so he could play for spain(already capped in competitive games for andorran the muppet)

Dual nationality is actually illegal in Andorra, I've found one player in the Andorran leagues with dual nationality and one of my players took Spanish nationality so he could play for spain(already capped in competitive games for andorran the muppet)
Thats what you get for messing with MOJO ******

SIGNINGS
So the transfer window has ended ad these are the signings that were made. And as you can see we went HAM overwhelming the wage bill which was a noob move i will have to fix in january.
View attachment 322614
These indeed are quite good for now but nearly none of them will be valuable at latter stages therefore we need that academy to go to work as soon as possible.
Best player by far is DAVID SUAZO - beast of a striker, former Inter Milan and lets just say he had an impact at san marino.
View attachment 322613
Then there is an incredible youngster that took a first team spot from our first team captain - Nistico. Has a bit of potential but not going to be any good for where we want to get either. just waiting for those regens to generate :)
View attachment 322611
And of course a veteran keeper, quite well known in the community, suggested by my *** man CASTELLI, straight into the first team.
View attachment 322609

Our team isnt exactly the best but it is something, here is what we have at the end of august. Some 5* look quite good but remember this is serie c 5* level they show so maybe not so good.
View attachment 322616
BEST CURRENT PLAYER
Our team had some of their own good players as well, here is the best of them. Poletti is a winger who can do slick crosses and is kind of the playmaker of the team.
View attachment 322618

So thats the team set, game update follows, Enjoy your read! :)

This is how the game updates will go. I will update u with 10 league games at the time, including separate cup updates. NT updates will be yearly (ingame time :)). So lets go.
LEAGUE
This is the first 10 results, and lets just say they are not the most satisfactory. Although in my defence i will say we conceded alot of corners before i did the set piece training and then conceded last minute goals.
View attachment 322619
This kind of performance with 4 wins a draw and 5 losses put us into 9th in the table which is solid for a newly promoted team but we need this promotion so hopefully next update will see SM in top 5, not hoping for a straight promotion anymore though.
View attachment 322621
CUP RUN

our cup run ended before it even started with 1st round knock outs in both cups but as i fielded a very young team it was expected. I would like to concentrate on that promotion.
View attachment 322620
PLAYER OF THE TERM
View attachment 322634
Player of these 12 games was of course the new signing SUAZO. His composure and goalscoring ability helped us so much as he crawled at least 2 matches back from behind by himself including 4 goals in a 5-1 thrashing of tritium (we were losing 1 to 0 before he went to work) Right now after 10 games in the league he scored 8 which is incredible for first couple of months in the new club. MORE OF THAT SON!
TACTICS
I personally like 2-2-2-2 but with this team centre backs are simply not good enough for that kind of attacking formation so i transferred this approach into a more conservative 4-4-2 although against worse teams, at home i prefer 2-2-2-2. If you have any suggestions on how to improve the teams tactics or anyquestions on the tactics feel free.
View attachment 322623

What are the penalties in Italy for administration? Just asking because if it's like Spain just spend like a mad man with no repercussions!

END OF SEASON 1
It has been a very interesting time on FM for me since my last update, i found myself so caught up that i forgot to make SS' of games during the season so i decided to finish season 1 of the SM challenge and took me less than a day :)
lets just say this particular season in the game was complete bull****. 85 % of my goals conceded came from last 20 minutes and i dropped 40 % of my leads over the season. I dont know why or how but IMO is it because the side is so young, their composure and agility is low? someone help.
This kind of record ensured that we missed out on that promotion spot this year :'( but never mind there is always next year, clubs finances are fine, we just promoted from league below, promotion wasn't necessary. I was gonna show you the screenie but no my stupiity advanced the game too far for it to regenerate next season's table. FORGIIIIIVE me. we came 7th overall in the table and missed out of play offs by 6 points. Only prove i can give is the table for season 2 where im still in serie c1
View attachment 322861
Results wise it was a mixed season as this SS shows.
View attachment 322856
As you can see we kept only 3 clean sheets which is the worst ive ever had which is a point we have to work on in the summer.
Also you can probably tell there was significant improvement after the january as i went on transfer market.
View attachment 322858
The top 2 were players for the future, one of them being reserve team standard sanmarinese. But the other 2 loan players came in handy and fit straight into the team!

Beltrame is a young striker i brought into be a suazo replacement as he was injured half of the time. Beltrame proved very good
and scored 4 goals in 10 games - not too bad for a 20 year old.
View attachment 322859
Last player on the list is a top defender called in to change our 2nd worst defensive record at the time (we finished 4th). He was very good and a player i will try to resign.
View attachment 322860

We had many players of our own proving to be great with Niscito whose screenie was uploaded earlier becoming a top playmaker who has not gonna lie ONE **** OF A LONGSHOT. Other players are progressing very slowly but steadily and many old ones left out of contract at the end of the season so expect massive transfer bill in the next update.
PLAYER OF THE SEASON
View attachment 322866
It would have always been Suazo, although he missed half of games he scored 23 goals in just 24 games and became our top scorer. His contract was prolonged for another year meaning this award will probably go to the same person next year as well.
View attachment 322863
TEAM OF THE SEASON
View attachment 322871

ON this note 1st season is over and tomorrow is the next update. WHOS SHOULD I SIGN PLEASE HELP!!!

Last edited:
NT UPDATE
The national team is completely rubbish. Here is confirmation.
View attachment 322870
To be fair with you i have not been paying to much attention to the national team right now but i will once regens will come in. over the first year we have unexpectedly .... managed to score 1 goal in the qualifications for the world cup.
My reign started with a draw though.
View attachment 322868View attachment 322869
for now i dont really bother about san marino because i cant find any good players but hopefully in a year i will try to get into NT a bit better. Sorry for such short update if you want more, like best players then request.

Last edited:
None i dont think. But there is one incredibly annoying rule for the serie c that im in.
YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO SING NON-EU PLAYERS FROM ABROAD
so all these korrean, brazilian, ukrainian hidden jems are pointless until i get to serie A