Elvy23

Reaction score
This was it, I was ready. It was 5 years since I sustained that injury that ended my days playing football. I had just broke into the England side when it happened, it wasn't just a hobby I lost; it was a career... a way of life.

I've kept to myself most of the time since my career was ended, I had the occasional appearance on SSN but apart from that, ive had nothing to do with the media or television. However, I had been doing something with my time... I had gained my coaching badges.

I was ready to claim the success that was taken from me as a player, this is my time, to take my vengeance!

Interesting! Football lost a fantastic talent that day...lets see can he capture the same form as a manager! :)

Good luck, will be following.

Cheers mate! Got an update on a potential first club coming up soon! Any advice, tips or creative criticism would be greatly appreciated

Ashton for the Toon!?

BREAKING NEWS: Sky Sources are telling us that Newcastle United have offered former West Ham and England striker Dean Ashton an interview regarding the vacant managerial position.

The position was vacated after John Carver stepped back from his role as caretaker manager in late September to be assistant manager once again. Dean Ashton is a surprise front runner for the job as managers such as Harry Redknapp and Martin Jol are still without a club.

It had been a few months since I announced that I would be trying my hand at management, so far no jobs had caught my eye. The Barnsley job became available but that just wasn’t my sort of thing. That was until when I was watching the TV and saw that SSN were reporting I was offered an interview with Newcastle, the toon were playing poorly in the BPL at the moment but there was no way they’d take a risk on a guy who’s never managed a team before in his life. ‘What an absolute load of media bull-‘ before I could finish my thought, my phone rang; it was my agent.
“Dean can you believe this!? Newcastle have offered you an interview! Get your **** down to St James Park tomorrow; I’ll meet you at midday.” Before I had time to reply he put the phone down; he was a no nonsense sort of guy.
My initial thought was NO, not a chance I’d work under Mike Ashley, the man is toxic. However, I had to consider that I had been given the chance to talk to a premier league club with no managerial experience. I decided to go to the interview in the end, no matter how bad of a position the club is in or how much I couldn’t stand Mike Ashley; this was a big club, a club with great supporters and most of all, a PREMIER LEAGUE club.

My first club

I'd been to the Newcastle interview, the board seem desperate to give these fans something to cheer about, the fans deserve success I was getting very interested in the job. The day of the interview was the same day as the Swansea game at home. I watched from the stands as they got stuffed 3-1,the emotion on some of the fans faces was what made my mind. I was going to be the man to give these fans something to cheer about, this will be a huge challenge but I believe I’m the man for the job.

As you can see, were working with a decent squad here, some good depth in the centre mid areas in particular. I'm looking at a few experienced centre backs to bring in on a free and a 1 year deal as we have a few injuries at the moment. The board have given me £12mil to play with which i'll use in January. Unfortunately, the board made me
Promise that id stick with the backroom staff ive got which isnt helpful, my first game in charge is against Tottenham. Will be a tough one and I’ll be happy with a draw, come on you magpies!

BREAKING NEWS: Newcastle sign 19 year old Spanish keeper David Raya Martin on loan from Blackburn Rovers.

This was purely a signing to add cover, Rob Elliot is our only cover for Tim Krul at the moment so I thought this lad was a smart signing only being on £300 a week. Nothing that will change the squad here.

Not a bad first result at all to be honest, a clean sheet and a point will do for me. Lots of positives to take from this game as we played good football when in possession and the back 5 did a great job considering we were missing Collocini

Im very happy with this signing, will be great cover at the back and I would like for him to tutor Paul Dummett. Will only be here for the duration of his contract but I can see him making a huge impact whilst he's here.

Woeful, awful, absolute shambles. These are the words I would use to describe our performance today. I hate to blame certain players but Williamson and Dummett were exceptionally poor today, theyre both suspended for the next game against West Ham so il start Steven Taylor who is returning from injury and new signing Danielle Bonera, this may only be one result but this is extremely frustrating, the players put no effort in today

We hit the woodwork 3 times today! Still, we weren't good enough, finishing was poor and we wasted many chances. One more lacklustre performance and I could be leaving already. I thought I could manage with the squad and staff I have, It seems I may be wrong though...

Ashton Quits!

BREAKING NEWS: Dean Ashton has resigned from his post as Newcastle manager following their 1-0 defeat to championship side Norwich in the Capital One cup. Ashtons side had failed to score in his short spell there and only managed a poor 1 point out of the 9 available in games managed by Ashton. Both parties will look to forget their time together.

That was it, losing to a championship side!? I had to leave, I was in over my head her. I took on way to much of a challenge for my first club. Im going to wait till next summer and see what my options are, I want to build a team I like with the staff I like. My utmost apologies to the toon army, they deserve better than this…

The Potters or Los Leones?

BREAKING NEWS: Dean Ashton has reportedly put his name forward for 2 managerial posts. Our sources tell us that he is very interested in the position at newly relegated Stoke City and Athletic Bilbao who massively underperformed last year. This is Ashton’s first serious interest in a job since his woeful time at Newcastle.

Hear it was the end of the season and many jobs had become available, I had regained the confidence I lost following my terrible spell at St James Park and was ready to give management another go .I only had my eye on two positions though: Athletic Bilbao and Stoke City. Stoke looked like they’d cemented a premier league position in recent years but they dropped right off this year and finished 19th. I’d love to bring them back to where I believe they belong and I imagine I’d be given a decent transfer budget to rebuild the squad, lots of pros to join the potters. Bilbao however were used to getting at least Europa League every season but, this season they finished just above mid-table, the prospect of working with talent such as: Iker Munian, Markel Susaeta and Aymeric Laporte is a huge pro to joining Los Leones.
I have a lot of thinking to do…

Come on You Potters!

I’d decided on Stoke, if I can keep our star players such as Begovic, Shawcross and Diouf then we should easily come straight back up into the prem.Ive already got an idea for what formation im going to use. I need to bring in a lot of backroom staff as currently, we are missing: an assistant manager, some coachs for the youth sides and coachs for the first team. I have an assistant manager, a coach and an assistant for the u21s lined up aswell as a solid first signing. I cant wait to get started properly here!

Im happy with these additions, I will look to bring another coach and a few more players in. Com' On ya mighty potters!

Both Odemwinge and Crouch are set to retire, that can never be a good thing. Two good strikers are on there way out. Fortunately I believe I have a few replacements lined up. Begovic is also set to leave for Roma, I tried to persuade him to stay but the lads in the dressing room felt it was best to let him go. Still looking for a replacement for him but I reckon il be able to find one.

Summer Transfers So Far

Im extremely happy with our business so far, some very good deals in my opinion. I can't wait for the new season!

Preseason

We’ve had a short but successful preseason, only 2 games were played but we were focusing heavily on bringing in the new players and staff. We beat Zulte Waregem 3-1 in the first game and Stone Domino’s 7-0 in the second game. Not the strongest opposition but the lads morale was very low so I thought these two games would bring the mood in the dressing room back up and it did. We’ve also brought in Patrick Bamford and Andreas Christensen on loan for depth.

First game of the season

What a start! Incredible performance from the lads giving us a start we needed. We dominated from start to finish, Dioufs goal was class and I wouldn’t be surprised to see that as goal of the month. Pilar looks incredible and ran the game completely. I love this squad we have here and the fans are electric. Going away to Portman Road scoring 3 and keeping a clean sheet shows the championship we mean business.