THE W-M TACTIC - THE SYSTEM BEHIND TOTAL FOOTBALL AND TIKI-TAKA !!! 14.3

Lok1to

Reaction score
Well hello guys, here i am again, this time to share with you a different system that is giving me joy to play, all the things that i like in football are there, control, possession and beatiful football played by my team.
I started this tactic after readind a sports article about the foundations of Total Football and Tiki Taka and learned that the concept came from Boris Arkadyev, a soviet manager and a tactical genius.
He picked up the Arsenal W-M tactic and inserted his ideas, short passing, possession and roaming (ring a bell?) and got huge success in the past.

THE WM-TACTIC

MvbdKVL.png
3aexbvD.png

As i said earlier it consists in a short passing, possession and high intensity play.

THE ROLES

Centre Backs - Speed, Positioning and Technique
Full Backs - Speed, Technique (the Centre Backs with Full Back role are the best for this)
Half Backs - Speed, Positioning, Technique and passing ( i recomend using one more technical and another more strong to destroy, but with good technical attributes)
Attacking Midfielders - all the AM with offensive roles and good finishing will do the trick
False 9 - a good ST will do the trick, good finishing and run from offside trap
Wingers - here you can use normal wingers, with good crossing and finishing

REMEMBER FOR ALL THE ROLES, THE FASTEST THE PLAYERS THE BETER!!!

DEFENSE

There are individual marking instructions to some players, i advise you not to change anything even if the game tells you that the players are moving from position, the goal from this system is the roaming and getting the ball back faster when losing possession.
The tactic is very fluid, as i want all players to play as a unit, all defend and all attack, this is what gives in my opinion balance to the system and it works very well to me

Dont forget to ask you assist man to give OIs in pre match and during match when you see Opposition changed the tactic and made subs.

When playing against teams with 2 ST and you feel that they are creating danger, or even in pre match u want to make sure, add a individual marking to the ST that isnt being marked ( use your best marking HB)

TRAINING

Pre-Season

MDm0xTT.jpg

Season

6vkfuUb.jpg

PREFERED MOVES

F9- Place shots in the corner, Prevent being caught in offside, tries one twos

Wingers
- Place shots in the corner, tries one twos, run with ball

Attack. Midfielders - Tries one twos, come deep to get the ball, place shots in the corner

HB - Does not dive into tackles, stops play, likes to switch ball to other flanks

Some team play

[video=youtube;vPorCb16sO8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPorCb16sO8[/video]

[video=youtube;Ml3RLB75ZTc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml3RLB75ZTc[/video]

Quick and lethal counter

[video=youtube;rOrOI59TaxM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOrOI59TaxM&feature=youtu.be[/video]

JtnPIcT.png

iUKx9wa.png

People dont forget that playing FM isnt downloading plug & play tactic and lets win everything now, so if it doesnt work for you, before blaming everyone else, give the tactic a time, analyze everything calmly, as i said before if im having success with it, so can you, there are a lot of things you must do to have success with any tactic, if you dont pay attention to this, you will not have success with this or any tactic.

• Team Talks
  • Morale
  • Training
  • PPMs
  • Praising / Criticizing playes
  • Trying to understand the tactic and blending in your team

So this is still a Beta, but im getting great results with it, the only thing that im still fighting is with defensive set pieces, other than that i feel that is complete to what i want so im going to share with the community, also because im less time to test it in the next weeks and what is better than other people testing it and tweaking it to their needs.

I ADVISE THAT TO HAVE SUCCESS WITH THIS TACTIC YOU WILL HAVE TO PLAY THE GAME DYNAMICALLY, DONT PLUG & PLAY AND GO MAKE SOME TEA OR POPCORNS !!! THIS IS A HIGH RISKY AND DIFFERENT FORMATION SO, AGAINST SOME AI TACTICS ,IT CAN BE DISASTROUS !!!
THIS IS A TACTIC EMULATION AND A EXPERIMENT SHARED SO IT CAN GET PERFECTION (IF THATS POSSBILE) WITH TWEAKS BY OTHER PLAYERS THAT HAVE PASSION FOR THE GAME AND HAVE ANOTHER IDEAS TO IT.
IM GETTING SOME GOOD RESULTS PLAYING WITH ARSENAL, BUT DONT YOU THINK YOU WILL WIN
THE CHAMPIONS WITH A MINOR TEAM PLAYING WITH THIS TACTIC.

So here it is for 14.3, i hope you enjoy it and give some feedback or try to make it even better if you want !!! ;)

Download LOKITO WM 14.3 (BETA).tac from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Last edited:
Brilliant OP mate, will start a new save pick a team for me and will test Man U Man C Liverpool

You should check the later pages of his other tactic thread, he was already talking about some results there.. I think no losses with arsenal in premier league.. no losses / all vicotires in group stage of champions league with arsenal

On topic: omg it's here finally :D cannot wait to try this.. will come back with results... probably with arsenal and bayern saves

What would you suggest for that? I'm useless with tactics haha

M8 this tactic goal is roaming and short passing, so u need to have quality and technical players, with lower league teams is more difficult to have this kind of players so i have no idea if it works, imo it will be difficult to work in those teams, but you can try it if you can !!!I cant help you more with that ! :(

During match when you see opposition changed the tactic and made subs how do you tell the assist man to give OIs?

will try this tac. this week if i get some time, formations looks great, some kind of brazilian monster...heheh

This tactic is awful. I am playing with BVB and in 5 matches, I've got 4 losses and 1 draw. One of the losses is in my home against Wolfsburg, 0-5. I didn't like it mate, I'm sorry.

M8 this tactic goal is roaming and short passing, so u need to have quality and technical players, with lower league teams is more difficult to have this kind of players so i have no idea if it works, imo it will be difficult to work in those teams, but you can try it if you can !!!I cant help you more with that ! :(

All the tactics for top tier teams can work with lower league teams, you just need to add a lot more individual player instructions to compensate for lower stats

I'm starting a new save with Bayern. Liked your thread a lot. Going to give it a go, hope your tactic works with my team!!!!

All the tactics for top tier teams can work with lower league teams, you just need to add a lot more individual player instructions to compensate for lower stats

Yes i could do that, but you can see in the post above yours that if people have difficulty playing with this tactic in major teams, imagine playing it with minor teams.
The formation is very different, and against some tactics without the individual marking it can be disastrous, i shared the tactic because i have success with it, but i play the game dynamically, so u see that people that expect to download the tactic and just do nothing else during every game, will frustrate very early !!! ;)