Reaction score
The Weekly Challenge
So there is a lot of challenge's flying about at the minute some monthly, and some every fortnight. Some user's feel this is too long and may want another challenge, some feel it is too short. But..... the weekly challenge is ideal for people who like something different and want a short save, or usually get a season done fairly quickly.

The concept
Basically i intend to make a weekly challenge starting and finishing every tuesday at around 4pm. It will never be anymore than one season, But could be a half-season challenge, saving a club from the depth's of relegation with only 7 games to spare. Or wining the league in the last 3 month's of a season. It could be any team of any league the premiership to MLS to the Asian leagues. You may need to have additional leagues etc. If i upload a save i'm not sure if it will work unless you have a transfer update or league being used. E.g if i upload a save that is using LFCmarshall's January update i do not know if you need to download that for it too work as well, you may not have to.

The point's will differ every week and will be clearly stated in every OP. I will state which screenshot's i need to do the leaderboard.

Participants
Let me know by 4pm tomorrow if you want to take part and i will add you to the list. However if you wish to compete you can join at any time in the next few week's but remember you will be behind from the start

LFCmarshall's Update
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=4286

Leaderboard
Alfretontown1995-
andyh888-
jakehartlepool10-
bety_chelsea-95 points
broxi713- 75 points
rennomillo-75 points
FoxyDufc-
AldoKemp-1-
FulhamFTW-
romie1990-

Last edited:
I'll join mate, sounds good. A week is the right amount of time for a challenge IMO.

If you are using the latest offical patch I'll join

Of course im using the latest patch :p and LFCmarshall's January update, Just checking all is fine and it will be up soon....

I don't have LFC's Jan update, do I need to upload it?

finally, have someone make a weekly challenge......i am in
I thought that so i decided to do it;) i'll add you now, sorry for the delay guys

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

I don't have LFC's Jan update, do I need to upload it?

Yes i presume you need to download it for some of the challenges to work, it's simple to do

Last edited:
Would have done this if I had the time, oh yea and P.S Bale isn't a left-back ^^)

One week isn't long enough for most users..
Well it is for some, and not all will be whole season's and stuff

Would have done this if I had the time, oh yea and P.S Bale isn't a left-back ^^)
Okay then thats a shame, and i believe he started as a left back, so is originally a left back:')

too late?

if not im up for it
No of course not, i'll just add you, The first one is up a little late as i am currently having technical difficulties ;)

350pxboltonwandererslog.png

Briefing
This week's first challenge is to do HALF a season with Bolton Wanderers. It is the 7th of January the day before the fa cup 3rd round and Bolton are over achieving in the league sitting second. SO the challenge is simple can you keep them there? With the club making 4 defensive signings you have 2.75mil left. Can you keep them over achieving?

top four- 75 points
Any place above 10th- starting from 35 points for 10th and adding 5 each time
anything lower than 10th- 0 points
Fa cup winners- 50 points
Conceding the least goals in the league- 20 points
top goalscorer- 10 points

Rules and how to use the save
No cheating any corner tactic's or anything, however i cannot monitor this so i trust you not too. After all your only cheating yourself.
- I am not monitoring saves, as it has already been saved by uploading it, but your only cheating yourself if you do that.
- i Will need screenshots of all the points you have scored for proof.
- You need to download the save from here and put it in Documents>Sports interactive>Football manager 2011>Games
- I will need to see a screenshot of you taking over as bolton manager straight away please.

The closing date is 4pm on the 25 of January. Good luck!

This is the save link
http://www.filefront.com/17813350/Weekly challenge 1.fm

what about transfers ? cash up front or can you pay over 48 months??

looks v good

do you have to use own tactic btw?
Yes no using pre made tactics. That would be cheating wouldn't it?

what about transfers ? cash up front or can you pay over 48 months??
Transfer's can be done in anyway you like:)

another question i need january update?
Yes you will need the update, the link is at the top of this thread. Simple to follow. You may get away without having it but i'd download it just incase

Also I've didn't know what experience to select, so I chose past experience as automatic
And yes automatic is fine, the past experience shouldn't matter too much as it's only half a season