The West Ham United Thread

Alex17

Reaction score
200px-West_Ham_United_FC.svg.png

The home of the Hammers!

I am a West Ham season ticket holder who wants some good discussion about our club.

Post your frustrations!
Post transfer gossip!
Post your general view on our club!
Tactics!
Players!
Transfer In's and Out's

All discussion about West Ham is wanted HERE!

TO KICK OFF! What is everyones opinion on new signing Andy Carroll?

a89fc6e2f0f624034154af344cfb8676.jpg

I have always liked West Ham, dont support them though!

I think now that he is numero uno and has a little less expectations on his head he will perform.. might work well with a few strikers there as well!

The only problem about Carrol is that he is a p_$$y! He is like 7foot :p and decent in the air, however, he never challenges for the ball, never throws his body around like a good old TM should and is **** scared to challenge defenders in the air...

That is his strengths and he needs to understand that and develop his game to promote this..

IMO Andy Carroll is a better player than Carlton Cole, he has better strength, decent finisher and better in the air but i do like Carlton so im hoping CC looks at Andy and it pushes him on to play a lot better, either way a good bit of business! COYI

I think Nolan will be able to sort Carrolls head out aswell and get him back to what he does best

I agree with all your points. I just think that Carlton Cole is not good enough for the Premier League and that the Championship is his level. its a shame because he has been loyal to us and seems a top bloke.

Allardyce has clearly seen that Cole isnt good enough and wont socre us double figures this season, so he has gone out and bought Carroll which fits his system and will score goals and potentially keep us up.

However, I really dont like his system and wish we could have someone who got the ball on the floor and showed a little more enthusiasm e.g. Di Canio in a couple of years.

Finally, I think its a big shame that Maynard has been sold to Crdiff. I really rate him and think he is a deasly poacher and will score you goals if he was played but because he doesnt fit the system (because he isnt 6ft 3 +) means that he had to be sold. Best of luck to Nicky.

I have always liked West Ham, dont support them though!

I think now that he is numero uno and has a little less expectations on his head he will perform.. might work well with a few strikers there as well!

The only problem about Carrol is that he is a p_$$y! He is like 7foot :p and decent in the air, however, he never challenges for the ball, never throws his body around like a good old TM should and is **** scared to challenge defenders in the air...

That is his strengths and he needs to understand that and develop his game to promote this..

For 3/4s of last season I agree with you, but for the final quarter and especially playing for England and in the cups he really picked up his game in this particular area, bullying defenders constantly and winning virtually every header.

As a Liverpool fan and speaking on behalf of the majority of our supporters, we feel that it's Rodgers first mistake as our manager. He could have definitely had a future with us but Rodgers just doesn't see him fitting his style.

I can see him being a big, big success under Allardyce's 'style' of football. He'll definitely keep you lot up.

One of my favourite English clubs, never liked Millwall.

Wonder if Carroll will improve with the hammers.

I think that's a bit harsh on Cole, he's no Messi that's for sure but he's a decent target man and he has scored double figures in previous seasons, and he probably fits in well in Big Sam's system. That said, Carroll has the potential to be a lot better so he'll probably get the nod ahead of Cole, but you do have two decent forwards if you ask me.

Also, I have a bit of a soft spot for West Ham for having to stand such ***** as owners, although it does seem like they're more commited to the club right now.

@mccollio - It's not a mistake by Rodgers, you just can't fit a square peg into a round hole.

Last edited:
What about the return of Yossi? Personally, I am happy with this signing.

Carroll is a beast in the air and considering Big Sam's tactics, I think he'll score 15+ this season.

Any west ham fans going to the game today for Carrolls debut? I am going with a friend and looking forward to seeing how he does for you lot :)

Any west ham fans going to the game today for Carrolls debut? I am going with a friend and looking forward to seeing how he does for you lot :)

Yeah mate, im off to the game in about half hour, hoping Carroll starts. COYI!

He could be a beast for us and if he is good we have first option to buy him for a fee of around £15m which is still a lot of money.

3-0 West Ham (Carroll Hat-trick) ;)

Nice win for West Ham. And Carroll makes instant impact. Happy for him. He'll get better. Shame about his hammy though

Great win for us today. Andy Carroll is exactly what we needed, as you can see by the result and his performance. He just felt a twinge in his hamstring he will be playing against Norwich in a couple of weeks after internationals.

Enjoyed the game today Carroll had a great debut also was really impressed with Diame, Nolan and Reids performances today

Enjoyed the game today Carroll had a great debut also was really impressed with Diame, Nolan and Reids performances today

Yeah Diame was a top signing by Big Sam especially for a free.

In Carroll I think we may have found a striker that can score goals something we have not had for a while. And Noble is playing really well looks at his peak at the moment which is great. Hopefully we could finish way above the relegation zone I think maybe 12th.

In Carroll I think we may have found a striker that can score goals something we have not had for a while. And Noble is playing really well looks at his peak at the moment which is great. Hopefully we could finish way above the relegation zone I think maybe 12th.

West Ham will be safe. Not only can Carroll score goals, he can create chances for everyone else aswell which is a bonus. Hammers should be clear of any relegation zone this season unless there's a catastrophic injury list. Oh yeah I forgot-not talking about Everton am I lol

I think Cole got showed up today and got shown by Carroll how his job should be done.