Comparing: 33 year old Steven Gerrard or Sergio Canales
Position: CAM
Role: Attacking Mid Support/attack

Last edited:

Use Canales but for important games use Gerrard as he's probably got immense mental stats.

Sergio Canales, but as AJ0207 use Gerrard for derbies and big games, as he has leadership and good stamina. If you want to go defensive, play Gerrard (Deep-Lying Playmaker) but if you want to go attacking use Canales (Advanced Playmaker).

In 2017, so both well developed...

Comparing: Javier Pastore or Miralem Pjanic
Position: AMC
Role: Advanced Playmaker

Also both developed, same game

Comparing: Ahmed Khalil (84 goals in last 55 league games, World Player of the Year), or Pato
Position: Striker
Role: Poacher

And one more.... same game

Comparing: Adem Ljajic or Vladimir Weiss
Position: Right Wing
Role: Winger

Players to compare: Paul Robinson & Mark Bunn
Position: GK
Role: -

Paul Robinson has had an injury before season started, so Mark Bunn came in instead. Now Paul Robinson is back after his injury, but Mark Bunn has done impressively well. Who should i pick? The usual, or go with the newcomer?

In 2017, so both well developed...

Comparing: Javier Pastore or Miralem Pjanic
Position: AMC

Also both developed, same game

Comparing: Ahmed Khalil (84 goals in last 55 league games, World Player of the Year), or Pato
Position: Striker
Role: Poacher

And one more.... same game

Comparing: Adem Ljajic or Vladimir Weiss
Position: Right Wing
Role: Winger
Pastore, Khalil and Weiss. That is partly based on potential and 2010 ratings.

Players to compare: Paul Robinson & Mark Bunn
Position: GK
Role: -

Paul Robinson has had an injury before season started, so Mark Bunn came in instead. Now Paul Robinson is back after his injury, but Mark Bunn has done impressively well. Who should i pick? The usual, or go with the newcomer?
Mark Bunn, but if he messes up, give Robbo a chance. Play the latter in 'smaller games' and cup matches to give him a chance to break into the side, and if he plays brilliantly, put him back in and test it again.

Comparing: Yannis Tafer of Lyon and Ricardo Fuller of Stoke
Position: ST
Role: Target Man

Comparing- Pastore and Hamsik
Position- AMC and CM
Role- Att.mid (Att) and Advanced playmaker (support)

Which one shall i play where?

Comparing: Yannis Tafer of Lyon and Ricardo Fuller of Stoke
Position: ST
Role: Target Man
Yannis Tafer, especially if it is in the future. Although if you do play Tafer, he is a poacher and Fuller is probably a better target man. I would advice to change your setup though and fit Tafer in, as he is ace!

Comparing- Pastore and Hamsik
Position- AMC and CM
Role- Att.mid (Att) and Advanced playmaker (support)

Which one shall i play where?
What year? I prefer Pastore and in Advanced Playmaker Support (AMC) but maybe rotate them, giving Pastore more games. If possible play both, but I think Pastore is better and younger.

The Football Manager 2012 'Who Should I Play?' Thread is here, for anyone that is interested. It will re-open at the launch of the Football Manager 2012 Demo, which is predicted to be mid-October.

Newcastle (2010 - 2011)
Players to compare: Tom Cairney & Yohan Cabaye
Position: MC

Players to compare: Tiote & Fernando (Porto)
Position: MC
Role: Ball Winning Mid.

That's it for now . Thx :p

Reixnato, I would definately play Cabaye and Fernando, they will be awesome together.

My question actually is "Who should I get?"

Players to compare: Adler, Lloris, De Gea
Role/Duty: I'll more probably play them as Goalkeeper Defend as I tend to concede more in the past using Sweeper keeper

Here's the thing. I'm talking here after season 2016-2017 when Valdes (35 yo, I think) will retire for me at Barca. Using Genie Scout, their sale value with two games left in my season (1 league game and Champions cup final) are: 76M euros Lloris, 24M euros Adler and a release clause of 9M euros De Gea.

I actually prefer Adler because I think he's the best among the three and I've read in some thread here that he'll retire at age of 42/43 so I could get another 10 years of play from him. I don't know about Lloris' (who's 30 by this time) and De Gea's (26) longevity in the game.

I do not want to sign De Gea because if I could really poach him out of At. Madrid, that's one less great defense in La Liga. I'm storming La Liga season by breaking Most League Goals season after season and this season, I have another record breaking 150+ league goals. Ever since my 2nd consecutive La liga win in my second season, I decided not to sign players from La Liga as much as possible. This season, At. Madrid conceded the second least number of goals, beating R. Madrid and second to us.

Lloris has just ended Valdes reign as European Goalkeeper of the Year and he commands the highest tranfer fee among the three. Nevertheless, transfer fee isn't a problem since I could afford it.

Who do you recommend? My main concern is future performances base on how age will affect their stats.

My question actually is "Who should I get?"

Players to compare: Adler, Lloris, De Gea
Role/Duty: I'll more probably play them as Goalkeeper Defend as I tend to concede more in the past using Sweeper keeper

Here's the thing. I'm talking here after season 2016-2017 when Valdes (35 yo, I think) will retire for me at Barca. Using Genie Scout, their sale value with two games left in my season (1 league game and Champions cup final) are: 76M euros Lloris, 24M euros Adler and a release clause of 9M euros De Gea.

I actually prefer Adler because I think he's the best among the three and I've read in some thread here that he'll retire at age of 42/43 so I could get another 10 years of play from him. I don't know about Lloris' (who's 30 by this time) and De Gea's (26) longevity in the game.

I do not want to sign De Gea because if I could really poach him out of At. Madrid, that's one less great defense in La Liga. I'm storming La Liga season by breaking Most League Goals season after season and this season, I have another record breaking 150+ league goals. Ever since my 2nd consecutive La liga win in my second season, I decided not to sign players from La Liga as much as possible. This season, At. Madrid conceded the second least number of goals, beating R. Madrid and second to us.

Lloris has just ended Valdes reign as European Goalkeeper of the Year and he commands the highest tranfer fee among the three. Nevertheless, transfer fee isn't a problem since I could afford it.

Who do you recommend? My main concern is future performances base on how age will affect their stats.
I would definitely buy De Gea, at his age and price. But if you really care about La Liga, then get Adler because Lloris is too expensive and old to buy for the long term.

By the way, I'm on the unpatched game, should I play Raul Meireles or Christian Poulsen?
Role is DMF/CMF alongside Steven Gerrard/Lucas as a Ball Winning Midfielder or Anchor Man. It is at the start of the season with Liverpool. Or should I rotate them?

Last edited:
I would definitely buy De Gea, at his age and price. But if you really care about La Liga, then get Adler because Lloris is too expensive and old to buy for the long term.

By the way, I'm on the unpatched game, should I play Raul Meireles or Christian Poulson?
Role is DMF/CMF alongside Steven Gerrard/Lucas as a Ball Winning Midfielder or Anchor Man. It is at the start of the season with Liverpool. Or should I rotate them?

Rotate them. Unbelievable enough, Poulsen always did tremendously for me. Same with Meireles. So rotation is the best available option here.

Or try them both out for a few games each and go with the one who plays best.