The "Why do my players stats drop" thread

Raikan007

Reaction score
This is a question a lot of you ask, here are some of the reasons why they tend to drop and what you can do to counter it or deal with it once it has happened, hopefully :)

Hopefully this will end all these type of threads as well in the future.

cheers, Neil

Some pointers to take into consideration:

1) determination, work rate and natural fitness are extremely important when it comes to training.

2) if players stats are dropping, when you get the end of month report, have a private chat to those who have failed to impress that month in training and inform them that they need to shape up if they want 1st team football.

3) players who have low morale and are unhappy will miss training and not put in much effort when it comes to training either

4) too high of a workload players will become unhappy and have an adverse affect on training, keep it moderate and allow for rests when players are tired

5) each training schedule is different, Duncs, mine, Tuggs etc

Links to helpful threads regarding training and development:

The Complete How to train/tutor my youngster's Thread

5 Considerations when sending a young player out on loan

Reasons why players stats drop:

1) if you change the players training schedule, his stats will drop first before improving (if you change him from Target Man to a Poacher schedule)

2) they will drop if you ask him to learn a new move as well as a new position, you will see in the training tab that 20% of his workload is focused on him learning the new move and position, meaning he will only be on 80% of the training, hence is stats will drop.

3) off season and injuries of course

4) if you retrain a player in a different postition, his stats will drop before rising again!

5) when a player arrives from a club that has better coaches and facilities than you he will drop in stats as he has been accustomed to having better quality training hence better stats

6) good training schedules also play a big part in players stats rising and bad ones in dropping

attached below is my own training schedule I have created, it is fairly simple yet effective, it has 3 youth schedules as well!

View attachment 170346

Ah good thread Raikan. Just want to give another option, their stats will drop when they reach their peaks :)
At this rate, I suggest what should they do when they're retire on private chat. Usually I suggest them to get a role as coach

Last edited:
not necessarily when they reach their peaks as that is when they will play their best, once they reach a certain age (32, 33) their physical stats will drop but most of the time their mental and technical stast will increase :)

but thats a given though...

this is mainly referring to people not knowing why their players stats have dropped all of a sudden :) but thank you for the input

+ mental stats drop if a tutor has lower values than the tutee. Marco Verratti's determination went from 20 to 16 when I put him under Arshavin. Was pretty gutted when I figured that out.

Also there is another factor that I don't understand, Aaron Ramsey apparently has an awesome potential, but he is ALWAYS stagnant for me, even 1 year after his injury recovery. I try Fabregas tutoring him, play him regularly, constantly remind him his development sucks ("I know Ive been dissapointing..." reply) and still his bars go flat for 6 months. Work rate occasionally plummets, too.

Are there any training schedules to download for Macs? When I look at the yearly graph for individual players training levels I'm only seeing a rise of 0.5 - 1.0. Is that normal? It doesn't seem like a lot to me.

I'm using Dunc's training and it works pretty well, apart from the training for strikers. I have Artur Kaskov and set him on Dunc's advanced forward training, and his stats have been steadily falling for the past year and a half. It's terrible :/. I'm putting him back on the old forwards training. I've got good coaches and a "good training facilities", I've wondered if its because his last club had better facilities, but it doesnt make sense that he still trains so badly after a 1,5 year after moving.

if your facilities are worse than Artur's previous' club, he stats will fall 1st then balance out sort of into an average of the maximum he could improve in relation to you coaches/facilities...

meaning he is not going to improve exponentionally if you are lucky he will only improve slightly once he has reached the level of your clubs training and quality!

Kas'kov was my favourite striker last FM :)

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/players/41002-artur-kaskov-metalurg-zp-4.html

89915d1279884754-artur-kaskov-metalurg-zp-69.-artur-kaskov.png

Great thread... I have the most abysmal team training/players/coaches/facilites setup... I use paetoja's training schedules which are great just great... most of my players are young and full of potential... for every type of training (tactics, attacking etc.) I have at least 4 star coaches... but my facilities... are minimal... and I don't have the money to improve them :(...

i find it wierd how ballotelli's stats are gone by the time it gets to 3rd season, on 3 different saves hes started getting bad by season 3, same with taarabt come season 2 or 3. i understand they are lazy players, but surely they cant peak at like 22/23? :(

yeah, Mario does decline as it seems like he does not get playing time throughout those years... some players get worse as they are not played hence **** morale and **** training levels... its a vicious cycle!

yeah, Mario does decline as it seems like he does not get playing time throughout those years... some players get worse as they are not played hence **** morale and **** training levels... its a vicious cycle!

hes always had playing time, but im thinking he may have dropped because it was always after leaving man city - he went to villa, marseilles and villarreal on my three saves, and maybe they have a lesser standard of facilities leading to his drop? not sure with taarabt though, as hes always stayed at qpr :S

well then that is the problem :) I dont think they do vs City, definately not Villa maybe... :)

Has anyone had problems with David Silva? ALL his stats dropped except for four in mental attributes and his Natural Fitness. I warned him I would transfer list him id he didn't improve his performance on training and so far (3 months later) nothing has improved. I didn't retrain him, didn't teach new PPM's. I think the only explanation is that he's a lazy ***?

Has anyone had problems with David Silva? ALL his stats dropped except for four in mental attributes and his Natural Fitness. I warned him I would transfer list him id he didn't improve his performance on training and so far (3 months later) nothing has improved. I didn't retrain him, didn't teach new PPM's. I think the only explanation is that he's a lazy ***?

he kept doing this with me, but it was always one month, everything dropped, and the next month it would all be back again, and so on. tevez does exactly the same thing, its a bit odd, but it all evens itself out in the end so its not hugely bothered me

So far none of his stats have gone back up. Tevez only dropped creativity but it quickly went back up.

wierd, silva didnt stay bad for longer than a month or two with me, but like i said, tevez does it too, but he dont do it with you. strange :(

just remember that morale/form etc have implications on training

did you change their training schedules at all?

Nop, have had the same ones since I started the game. His morale has been good throughout the past season mate but he has had a bit of injuries. Could be that, but it's frustrating to see that his stats don't go back up :/