JordThePoet

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I wanted to create a thread to see how you guys were getting on with my tactic if you've downloaded it.

or if you want to ask any questions about it, success/failure stories, etc.

so, I'll C&P all the info from the download thread here as well as the link to the download.

Download Link: Winning_Formula_JL13 - Downloads - Football Manager 2013 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats

I'll try and keep this as brief as possible.

This tactic allows your team to attack and defend as a unit.

when your team doesn't have the ball, the team puts 8 men behind the ball and presses the opponents to win it back, once they've won it back they pump 8 men forward instantly.

Screen shot 1 shows the team defending.
13424413.jpg

Screen Shot 2 shows the team as soon as the ball is won back in the same play.
13424428.jpg

The team line up in a type of 4-4-2 diamond, essentially with 2 advanced wing backs and only 2 actual defenders.
13425609.jpg

The team may look really fragile defensively but as you can see from my record during my current save, the tactic is incredibly good at scoring goals while keeping clean sheets. - providing your team is capable in every area of the formation.

13425641.jpg

During in this save I was incredibly successful with Crystal Palace.

(Start of Season 2) My team consisted of:
-----------------Ben Amos
------------Lomban---Cathcart
Ward----------McCarthy-------Neil Taylor
----Bradley Johnson--- Craig Gardner
----------------Jon Williams
-----Jordan Rhodes----Angelo Henriquez

During this season I finished 2nd in the EPL and won the Europa League - Capital 1 cup runners up.

1004413_539523016107037_15502082_n.jpg

The Tactic doesn't look like it has a lot of width, which is true, a lot of your play will come through the middle, however the wingbacks provide a lot of width which will lead to them scoring and assisting a fair amount.

For example, in the following screenshot is Neil Taylor's contribution over 2 and half seasons. of which he has a finishing of 5.
13424558.jpg

Scoring 19 goals and assisting a further 29 in the 95 appearances he made for Crystal Palace.

In order for the Tactic to work its important that everything is as follows;

• Individual Training doesn't have to be done.
  • Team Training set to Attacking Movement and Attacking with a heavy training regime.
  • Team Style: Very Fluid
  • Team Strategy: Overload (I change to Attacking when I have a narrow lead toward the end of a game).
  • Shouts: Play Out of defence, Drop Deeper, get Stuck in, pass to feet, play narrower, run at defence, work ball into box, look for overlap, retain possession, hassle opponent, exploit the middle.
  • player roles should be; GK, CD, CD, Anchor Man - All set to defend. LWB, RWB, Trequartista, Poacher and Target man all on Attack while Ball winning midfielder and Box2Box midfielders are on support.
  • the Team instructions should match the screen shot below;
  • 13425769.jpg
  • A DLP is shown in the screenshot however a Box2Box works best.
Opposition Instructions should be set on all players including the keeper to Pressing and Tackling High - Tacking and Show onto foot can be added if wanted.

A very simple but brilliant tactic :) Very good job...:)

do u use the shouts at the start of every game ?

Yeah, I have them as set shouts, and use them all the time, the only changes I make is if i'm winning I go for an attacking mentality and not an overload mentality.

gonna test it with genk ;)

Have fun with that man!

- side note: One of the best thing about this tactic is you can either convert wingers into wingbacks or just sell them all and flood yourself with central players without dipping into your transfer budgets.

can you give me a screen of your'e opposition instructions plz

i'm testing the tactik with genk and it isn't working realy good after 15 games i am in 8th in the europa league and the belgian cup it is working al lot better but still not what i expect of it

can you give me a screen of your'e opposition instructions plz

i'm testing the tactik with genk and it isn't working realy good after 15 games i am in 8th in the europa league and the belgian cup it is working al lot better but still not what i expect of it

Hey man, I'll upload it tomorrow when I get a chance.

I play on the highest one for both of the first two settings though. the closing down and staying tight one or something?

Can u upload a screenshot of how you're training is set up? Matchprep, scheduling and general training! :) Thanks!

Brilliant tactic, although I concede a fair amount of goals from corners, and crosses into the box mainly because my wing backs are

so far up the field and are getting caught out, but I must says its only when I play the big teams like Man U, Man City etc.

So well done nice tactic.

Brilliant tactic, although I concede a fair amount of goals from corners, and crosses into the box mainly because my wing backs are

so far up the field and are getting caught out, but I must says its only when I play the big teams like Man U, Man City etc.

So well done nice tactic.

I found that when I first developed the tactic, if you can find a competent Anchor man along with having 2 good enough CB then you should be able to cope.

Maybe try setting the training to defend and defending set pieces. - just to see how it all goes. for me, I found I was only scoring 2/3 per game instead of 4,5,6,7 goals a game.

although, even in my current save I manage Manchester United and I've played chelsea once already and they stuffed me 7-2.

I don't think I've ever beaten Chelsea, so if you can find the teams that are destroying you perhaps change to a more solid tactic defensively.

Personally I believe the best teams playing 4-2-3-1 is the thing that undoes this tactic, seeing as they'll have 4 players attacking against your 2 or 3 defenders.

one final note, would be trying to make sure ALL of your players are relatively good at playing the ball. with Palace, once I sold Neil Taylor I went and splashed £41M on Bale, and he played perfectly at LB and hardly ever gave the ball away. so possibly aim for Barcelona players with Control and/or Passing attributes above 12/13.