Unbelievable :(

Season 6 came to an end in an unimaginable way. Our first season in League 1 could've been our last as we were just 1 minute away from winning promotion to the Championship. But a goal in the last seconds of extra-time killed that dream.

Finished 3rd in the table to set a new record for the highest ever finish.

Again credit must go to Hammar who's been the best player in the league for the 2nd consecutive season. Wannell is also developing really well.

We must try to finish 2nd next season as I fear the story is going to repeat if we end up in the play-offs again.

___________________________________________________________________________-________________________________
SEASON 7

We start this 7th season with only one thing in mind: PROMOTION. Nothing else matters.

Looks encouraging.

RECORDS

New records were set for average attendance and rating.

OTHERS
Last season our team bottomed the sponsorship table.

No news regarding our reputation(we're still a 1-and-a-half star) or an increase in stadium's capacity. (still 5500 seats) :S . A promotion will surely have an impact on those and many other aspects.

Mid-season update

We're cruising. Although we were dispatched from both League Cup and JPT in the first rounds (again XD) we are looking stronger than ever in the league. Burnley inflicted our first defeat of the season a couple of days ago. Unless sth extraordinary happens, 1st place is guaranteed.Still going in the FA Cup where we set up a clash with Man City in the third round.

World knowledge is currently at 17% but I'm sure with promotion to Championship, the board will allow scouting within Europe.

Finances are looking stable at the moment.

Looking forward to the end of the season. :$

End of the season review

We cruised in the League, finishing 17 points ahead of 2nd place Barnsley.

I've been approached by Brighton as well. Offers are starting to flow. But I have no intention of leaving.

Another player who left was Amabile. I've sold a lot this season. I'm gonna need 2 wing-backs and 2 CM's ahead of the new season.

Hammar was again the pick of the players but unfortunately his new 5k salary (after bonuses activated) does not reflect his value. I'll let him go next month. Best 11 this season:

Looking forward to the new season. ^^)

Great story man! Looking forward to seeing how you do in the Championship!

^Thank man.
SEASON 8

My 8th Season in charge of Welling and the first in the Championship starts with some good news. As I anticipated, a stadium expansion is due to take place. 3500 seats will be installed. Until work is complete, we'll play our home games at Leyton Orient's Brisbane Road. Also, the scouting range has been updated, allowing scouting in Europe.

As expected, the board expectation is to avoid relegation. Seems fair. Media prediction is 21.

I've been very active on the market now that the scouting range has been updated. All of them were free yet promising players. Meanwhile,I've been approached by Forest as well.
Some of the players coming in:

Chaib and Simic were loaned straight away as they won't get enough playing time this season.
This being said, I don't expect too much from this 1st season in Championship as there are a lot of new faces that will need time to gel. My hopes are for next season, but let's see what they can do. (A)

Last edited:
Mid-season update

Our debut in Championship has been decent so far. We're sitting in the upper half of the table with some encouraging results. Of course things could've been much better. We lost I think at least 9 points from games we controlled but it's understandable. New players need time. By this time next season, the team should be in much better shape.

So my next three games are against the 1st, 2nd and 3rd placed teams. Play-offs are looking like a distant dream for us but we'll take 1 game at the time and see where it goes.

Unfortunately 2 of my CM's will leave in January as I need to ease the wage budget. I'm currently 11k above the payroll. Hope the others will step up. So basically this is how the team looks like:

I have a lot of players so I constantly rotate the team every week. I don't know if it's the right choice but that's what I've been doing since taking over Welling. My idea is to have 22 good players that can replace each other without feeling the difference. That way, they all stay fit and get playing time. 8-|

Going well mate! I see you have 3 different tactics, do you switch between them much? Obviously whatever your doing is working. Just looking for tips :)

^Yup. I usually use the 4-1-2-1-2 one. I use the other 2 very rarely, probably once or twice a season. I might switch to 4-3-3 during a match though, if thing are looking bad.
Anyway, season 8 and the first in the Championship is over and we finished in a comfortable 10th position. We have to aim higher next season.

We've made some profit this season from selling players although we're still the worst-paid team in the league when it comes to sponsorship.

Mabbutt was voted the fans' player of the year. He's developing pretty nicely.

Concerning reputation, we're still a 2 star team. I've received my first international job from the home country. I'm going to accept the challenge.
Looking forward to next season!^^)

SEASON 9

When I started this career the objective was to get to the Premier League within 10 years. I think that objective can be reached in this 9th season. I feel the team is stronger. Good start ahead of the new season.

Finances are looking stable. All the transfer money has been sent straight into the wage budget to allow me to sign some free agents.

Players in
I can smell the Premier League air in the distance. Be in touch. ^^)

this is sick haha, prem in 9 seasons would be great!

^ Would've been great. Unfortunately this is not our year. The good start of the season has been ruined be a series of awful results. The team just isn't performing this season.
I was expecting to fight for the play-offs. At this point, I'm just hoping to avoid relegation. That would be terrible.

3 more players came in since September. A few others were loaned too because I wasn't happy with their performances.

Kennett is out for the rest of the season.:(

Things are going smooth with the national team so far. We qualified easily for the 4th phase of the 2022 World Cup qualifiers. I did start my international career with a defeat though, in a friendly against a much stronger Spain team.

This is probably the worst season since taking over at Welling. I just want to end it as soon as possible and try again next year.

Last edited:
Shout out to someone else who found Johan Hammar. Or The Hammer as I call him. I had a thread on him in one of these forums a few months ago. I played him all the way up into the Premier League where he played a season or two until he was overtaken by regens I got on free from Germany. He always had very good performances for me. I think he finally left my club around 2020/21.

Last edited:
You're right. Hammar is a beast. He was voted the best player for 2 consecutive seasons in my career and he's probably going to stay in the 'best eleven ever' for a long time. I was sorry to let him go but I needed to reduce the payroll at the time.

Anyway, season 9 is over. A very good run of results, with only 1 defeat in the last 16 games means we finish just like last season, in 10th position.
This season was actually better than last one. 2 more points, a better defence and attack but still far away from the claims of promotion.

A future star?

Best eleven and a record offer for Alfaro from Genk!

There's going to be a lot of changes in the summer.(H)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SEASON 10

So, I start my 10th season in charge of Welling and the 3rd in the Championship. This is a do or die season as I will probably stop playing this save for a while if we don't win promotion.

A bit of a poor start. Still a long way to go but things don't look bright at the moment. Same with the NT. Lost the Gold Cup final against Jamaica as they clearly outclassed us and struggling in the WC Qualifiers as well. A painfull defeat at the hands of Mexico.:mad:

A few more players coming in this season. Hopefully they will have an impact. Also made some profit from Alfaro's sale.

I hope this will be a strong season and fortune will be on our side.

Mid-season update

Terrible performances with the national team. Finished 4th in the qualifiers and lost 2-4 over 2 legs the Intercontinental play-off against Iran.:O I feel ashamed of myself. I was clearly not cut for the job. SACKED!

At least there are some improvements at club level. The team won the last 4 games. Next up is Hull who is a strong contender for promotion.

Cardiff made an approach for me earlier.I've also signed a new potential first-team striker on a free. I'll probably loan him in January to get some playing time.
Maybe leaving the national the national team will have an good impact at Welling. Who knows!:S

Just finished the 10th Season. Could've had the last play-off spot if we didn't lose the last game of the season. Final position - 7th.

Norwich made an approach for me. Refused.

There's some good news. Board agreed to built a new stadium. Hopefully we'll be playing in the Premier League by the time we'll move into our new home.
Team of the year.

I'll probably play one more season and then call it quits.