The Wolves Thread

lol i remember that game, was actually the ron next to the away fans. i distinctly remember having to empty the hood on my coat at the end of the game with ripped up tickets lol.
think i'll give you lot away a miss this year as i bring bad luck (my only two trips were the miller 1-0 and last seasons elokobi embarrasment)

One of those tickets we're probably mine and my dads, when we heard the teams, my dad said 'Gimmie your ticket', ripped them up and threw them LOL! Wanted to keep it for my colletion too! :( but I think you should still go ;) haha, Miller's goal was magical, with the slip of the defender then just slotting it in, beautiful! A few of Wolves greatest results tbh!

Now we have RoJohnson, our defence looks alot better, and more confident, Wayne Hennessey looks like a brilliant young keeper too!

Will always remember Kenny Miller's goal against united. Can see it now whilst I was watching it on TV.

and about Scott Dann.. Surely blackburn must be the most unattractive place to go to this season? Steve Kean is such a terrible manager and they're going to struggle this season. Dann should of joined us two years ago instead of going to Blues for more money.

Not seen much of Wolves this season, only been catching MoTD 2 due to working, but from what I have seen, they look easily the strongest "bottom half" team so far, with WBA not far behind. They have bought smart, Johnson for example, and haven't lost any of their important players (Jarvis, Fletcher).

As a United fan I don't mind Wolves (Except for that game last year :(), Mick always makes me laugh in Post-Match interviews, but you take our top spot again and we'll thrash you! :p

Last edited:
Not seen much of Wolves this season, only been catching MoTD 2 due to working, but from what I have seen, they look easily the strongest "bottom half" team so far, with WBA not far behind. They have bought smart, Johnson for example, and haven't lost any of their important players (Jarvis, Fletcher).

As a United fan I don't mind Wolves (Except for that game last year :(), Mick always makes me laugh in Post-Match interviews, but you take our top spot again and we'll thrash you! :p

Like the fact how you put us above WBA, as long as we are I'm happy! Really think we could do with loaning a few off united, arsenal or chelsea... Need a LB and a back up ST and CM..

On express and star it says mick may LOAN one more player to boost the squad, perhaps another utility player or a cb?

AND i've just heard Hargreaves is going to man city for a medical...now I think that if Wolves got Hargreaves we could be serious contenders for europa league, especially if he can play 40 games a season. Plus we got kightly playing after a similar injury

Last edited:
On express and star it says mick may LOAN one more player to boost the squad, perhaps another utility player or a cb?

AND i've just heard Hargreaves is going to man city for a medical...now I think that if Wolves got Hargreaves we could be serious contenders for europa league, especially if he can play 40 games a season. Plus we got kightly playing after a similar injury

I'd only want Hargreaves on a pay as you play deal, too injury prone imo, Also read today that Parkers deal to Spurs has stalled, i'd like to get in there and rob him, If we have to get on position it has to be a LB, every Wolves fan i know has been asking for one for the last 3 Transfer windows, and with one day left it looks like we're going to have to wait? WHY, WHY CANT THEY SEE WE WANT ONE!!

I'd only want Hargreaves on a pay as you play deal, too injury prone imo, Also read today that Parkers deal to Spurs has stalled, i'd like to get in there and rob him, If we have to get on position it has to be a LB, every Wolves fan i know has been asking for one for the last 3 Transfer windows, and with one day left it looks like we're going to have to wait? WHY, WHY CANT THEY SEE WE WANT ONE!!

In all honesty I'm happy with ward and elokobi because technically they have over two years experience as a left back in the premier league and ward has been outstanding so far.

And I cant see us signing scott parker as most of our signings are under the age of 28.

In all honesty I'm happy with ward and elokobi because technically they have over two years experience as a left back in the premier league and ward has been outstanding so far.

And I cant see us signing scott parker as most of our signings are under the age of 28.

As well as Wardy has played this season, he has been brilliant, i think we need someone to challenge him. The only good think about Elokobi is his heading, plus his passion. But look at him vs Villa, nearly f*cked up and jumped in, and if it wasn't for Henry it probably would have been a goal!

And Exactly, get some experience in, Scotty Parker would be perfect!

As well as Wardy has played this season, he has been brilliant, i think we need someone to challenge him. The only good think about Elokobi is his heading, plus his passion. But look at him vs Villa, nearly f*cked up and jumped in, and if it wasn't for Henry it probably would have been a goal!

And Exactly, get some experience in, Scotty Parker would be perfect!

Actually I'm against parker lol misspelled cant :/ but still i think hargreaves would be better, or someone like him

Actually I'm against parker lol misspelled cant :/ but still i think hargreaves would be better, or someone like him

Think we need a DM to put Karl Henry under pressure, Don't think Hargreaves would be fit enough to de anything!

Well after Mick's comments today it looks like we're going for a loan signing tomorrow. I think it'll be a boring back up signing e.g. Marcus Bent but let's hope it's going to be a left back.

Parker's more or less gone to Spurs. 'arry on SSN now saying it's almost complete. :(

Well after Mick's comments today it looks like we're going for a loan signing tomorrow. I think it'll be a boring back up signing e.g. Marcus Bent but let's hope it's going to be a left back.

Parker's more or less gone to Spurs. 'arry on SSN now saying it's almost complete. :(

Would love it if we went in for Scott Dann, he's better than Blackburn, and we have Roger Johnson here. Might be a Left back or maybe a Back up striker?
text_separator.jpg

Liam Ridgewell has handed in a transfer request, I'm sure if we offered a few mil, Blues would bite our hand off..

text_separator.jpg

Blackburn and QPR Favorites to sign Scott Dann now, Blues only asking for £5m, Surely he's pick Wolves over both of those two. And surely we can afford £5m for a centre back as good as Dann, come on Mick, Morgan and Moxey!! :D

Scott Dann wants to be a Premier League star.. so it makes sense that he'll sign for bottom of the table, 'no hope' Blackburn right?

prat, if hes snubbed us twice theres probably a reason

Scott Dann wants to be a Premier League star.. so it makes sense that he'll sign for bottom of the table, 'no hope' Blackburn right?

prat, if hes snubbed us twice theres probably a reason

Don't think we went in for him, I'm sure he would have picked us if we had, especially with Johnson here.

Can't hide my dissapointment at our performance, worse performance ive seen wolves play in a good few years. Mick McCarthy had all the window to get a Left back in, yet he still thinks George is good enough, well i'm sorry, as much as he loves the club, hes sh*t! Plus Mick had all the window to get a back up striker, or keep Leigh Griffiths down here, yet he loans Leigh griffiths out and we're stuck with Ward or Vokes.

DJ Campbell went to QPR for £1.2m, why didn't we try get him? Why did he loan out Griffiths...

The war of words between Barton, Mick and Henry is the funniest thing I've seen in a while. The best quote being "No-one knew Kelvin Henry before he started kicking lumps out of me in that game (last season)."

The war of words between Barton, Mick and Henry is the funniest thing I've seen in a while. The best quote being "No-one knew Kelvin Henry before he started kicking lumps out of me in that game (last season)."

Joey Barton is scum, he deserves everything he gets, plus the reason Karl Henry and Stephen Hunt started at the end was because he kept bragging about how he was on 80k a week. Hes a trouble maker and it follows him around, he was very unprofessional when he done the "3-0" to the wolves fans..