The Young Apprentice Thread

*Paul*

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I looked around and there seemed to be no thread for the Young Apprentice, and the Apprentice threads had tons of posts in it, and were from the last series.

What is the Young Apprentice?
The Young Apprentice is a version of the Apprentice, but for teenagers or young adults. Generally, people from 16-17 take part and try to win challenges (like the Apprentice) for the ultimate prize of working for Lord Sugar.

When is it on?
The Young Apprentice is on BBC One on Mondays from 21:00 to 22:00 (9PM to 10PM). However, it is normally available on BBC iPlayer for about 1 month after.

The Young Apprentice 2011: Series 2
The following candidates are in Series 2 (I will tell you who is fired using spoilers):

Ben Fowler, Gbemi Okunlola, Hannah Richards, Harry Hitchens, Harry Maxwell, Haya Al Dlame, Hayley Forrester, James McCullagh, Lewis Roman, Lizzie Magie, Mahamed Awale, Zara Brownless

Who's been fired?
Fired: Mahamed Awale (Episode 1), Ben Fowler (Episode 2)

Task 1: To produce and sell a 'frozen treat', on a beach and make more profit than the other team.

Task 2: To create a product for babies and pitch it to large retailers. The team with the most orders wins.

Who won?
Task 1: Girls, Task 2: Girls

I personally think the boys deserved to win both tasks, and did very well on both. However, it seems there are some poor businessmen and women in this series who make rash decisions and argue with team members. To be honest, it may not be as good as the Apprentice but it can be quite funny (some of the decisions the candidates make...)!

Thanks,
*Paul*

James is annoying. Lol at the 'Lets lower our prices even more - trust me, I'm an economist.'

I'd have fired every single one of the girls who failed to even understand multiplication, addition, subtraction, division. REALLY!? 13 year olds do that level of Maths.

Only seen the 1st ep. Mahamed just doesn't have the voice to sell stuff, c'mon would you buy an ice cream from him? Let alone do business with him?

James is annoying. Lol at the 'Lets lower our prices even more - trust me, I'm an economist.'

I'd have fired every single one of the girls who failed to even understand multiplication, addition, subtraction, division. REALLY!? 13 year olds do that level of Maths.
It's so ridiculous, I think many Year 4s could do 4x3 and get 12, not 28! Never mind 13 year olds, businessmen should be able to work out figures fairly easily and adequately, otherwise they haven't got a chance in **** of being successful.

Sure, calculators can help but they can be hard to use at times and you need human input. If you work something out wrong, or enter the wrong figures, then your business' financial model is f****d to be honest. James is annoying, he seems to think so much of himself and that every idea is his (to be fair they are all like that) and was lucky not to be fired - Mahamed did deserve it though.

This is why I think they should change the system, you don't have to fire from the losing team - one of the girls should have been fired, as a 'passenger' on the winning team could just sit there and not do anything yet not get fired. It should'ave been a double elimination in Episode 1, I think, although I doubt Lord Sugar wanted to do one in Episode 1! :p

You gotta love the Apprentice for all it's tantrums, arguments, stupid mistakes and stuck-up people, though!

Only seen the 1st ep. Mahamed just doesn't have the voice to sell stuff, c'mon would you buy an ice cream from him? Let alone do business with him?
Yeah, to be fair, the first episode was much better in my opinion.

Mahamed is a pretty poor salesman and is very annoying and disruptive - and deserved to be fired. He's rude, fairly stupid and not subtle at all at selling - whilst in contrast the other members of the mobile team did fairly well.

In Episode 2, Harry M was even worse and more disruptive than Mahamed but he did give something to the team and luckily stayed.

Tbf I was only picking up on the fact he sounded like a ****** when he spoke.

I watched the second episode and thought they were all complete immature retards tbh. Every pitch was diabolical. Especially the 2 that boy did, think his name is liam or louis or something. No idea why any of those deserve an opportunity of that magnitude, alan sugar will just be babysitting.

I'll still watch it though, because morons meeting other morons is good tele.

Last edited:
It's so ridiculous, I think many Year 4s could do 4x3 and get 12, not 28! Never mind 13 year olds, businessmen should be able to work out figures fairly easily and adequately, otherwise they haven't got a chance in **** of being successful.

Sure, calculators can help but they can be hard to use at times and you need human input. If you work something out wrong, or enter the wrong figures, then your business' financial model is f****d to be honest. James is annoying, he seems to think so much of himself and that every idea is his (to be fair they are all like that) and was lucky not to be fired - Mahamed did deserve it though.

This is why I think they should change the system, you don't have to fire from the losing team - one of the girls should have been fired, as a 'passenger' on the winning team could just sit there and not do anything yet not get fired. It should'ave been a double elimination in Episode 1, I think, although I doubt Lord Sugar wanted to do one in Episode 1! :p

You gotta love the Apprentice for all it's tantrums, arguments, stupid mistakes and stuck-up people, though!

Yeah, to be fair, the first episode was much better in my opinion.

Mahamed is a pretty poor salesman and is very annoying and disruptive - and deserved to be fired. He's rude, fairly stupid and not subtle at all at selling - whilst in contrast the other members of the mobile team did fairly well.

In Episode 2, Harry M was even worse and more disruptive than Mahamed but he did give something to the team and luckily stayed.

They didn't even know what to do to calculate costs though, being unable to actually do the multiplications etc. was just the icing cake. I wouldn't hire anyone for a business if they can't even work out their ****** costs. GCSE Maths should be made harder, clearly having a pass in it means **** all.

Yeah, it's pretty hilarious although there is some talent in there. It's entertainment, sure, but I wouldn't really hire any of them (maybe 1 or 2 if they impress in upcoming weeks). It's just ridiculous how stupid people are sometimes on national TV​!

"There's not many numbers in economics."

And he wants to be an economist - is he taking the ****?

Flippin' eck! This year's batch are so stuck up and annoying. That Blondie Harry needs to be hit with a brick, I can assure you every single one of them had no friends at school.

Dunno what's with all the hate for blonde harry, I don't think he's that bad. He was right this week tbh

Dunno what's with all the hate for blonde harry, I don't think he's that bad. He was right this week tbh

Because he's still a *****. :) He can do multiplication though, at least.

Because he's still a *****. :) He can do multiplication though, at least.

He doesn't act that bad tbh, Lewis over reacts so much it's hilarious. *sees Harry didn't get fired, storms off in a fit*

He doesn't act that bad tbh, Lewis over reacts so much it's hilarious. *sees Harry didn't get fired, storms off in a fit*

Not putting your phone on silent is lol.

Not being ABLE to put it on silent? lolololololololololololol.

I can't take how posh Blonde Harry is tbh, after he sold that obscure plant he turned into a right stuck up ****, however Lewis is the only one I can stand, at least he has a decent sense of humour and doesn't snort loudly when he laughs (look out for that next ep).

Yeah me too if I didn't have to speak to her, huge nervous stutter XD

Blonde gal's alright, tbh they are all average.

She's hot but as you said has that nervous stutter is annoying.

Oh and Zara os just plain gagging for it, end of.