How Long Till I get East Stirling to the SPL with only youth players?

• 3 (Minimum)

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 4 - 8

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • 8-12

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • +12

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
100th Post!

Anyway we still have a pre season update to make

Fixtures:

View attachment 441465

Friendlies were incredible, beating Spurs, drawing to Arsenal and thrashing some Championship and lower quality Premier League sides

Transfers:

View attachment 441463

View attachment 441464

Only one signing, needed him as depth, feels like every year we sign a goalkeeper...

In other news Mohamed has signed a new 3 year contract on a whopping 17.5k a week!

Champions League update to come

Champions League update

Champions League Best Placed Qualifying 3rd Round vs Ajax

A hard fixture, gonna need some real luck to get through

First Leg:

View attachment 441460

Good result in the Ure, let's draw in the Amsterdam Arena

Second Leg:

View attachment 441459

MOHAMED, MOHAMED. Great result, now we play Arsenal in the playoff

Champions League Best Placed Playoff vs Arsenal

First Leg:

View attachment 441458

We needed a win and to only draw really hurts. Team meeting time.

Team Meeting:

"Come on lads, I'm not settling for Europa again, go to the Emirates and get a result to be proud of!"

Second Leg:

View attachment 441457

The team meeting didn't work...

Europa League update to come

Mid Season Update

So, are we finally beating Celtic in the title race?

View attachment 440574View attachment 440573

Of course not! ****, if we kept the run of form we had at the start we would easily be winning. Anyway, we're still in with a shout if we can bring back our form.

The cups

View attachment 440572View attachment 440571

Real easy, Celtic are out of the Scottish Cup so can we win a trophy for the first time in god knows how long?

The Europa League.

View attachment 440570View attachment 440569View attachment 440568View attachment 440567View attachment 440566View attachment 440565

View attachment 440564

Normally I go more in depth about each fixture but when we win 6 in 6 there isn't much point, anyway, now we face Stuttgart in the knockout rounds.

Europa League vs Stuttgart to come

Europa League vs Lazio

First Leg

View attachment 440438

A good first leg, let's build on it in the second leg

Second Leg (Couldn't get SS to work)

Lazio 0-1 East Stirlingshire

An easy reult sends us through to the semis where we'll face Tottenham

The split, Tottenham and youth intake to come

The Split, Tottenham EL Game, and Youth Intake

So, are our brave heroes managing to keep Celtic at a standstill and top the league?

View attachment 440431View attachment 440430

YES THEY ARE! This has to be our year, we've been incredibly inconsistent, as have Celtic, but only one loss is incredibly impressive, stupid draws stopped us from being 15 points ahead though. So anyway, the cups...

Scottish Cup

View attachment 440427

​Dunfermline's second giant killing of the cup, after knocking out Celtic in the last round (Deserved winners, me thinks)

League Cup Semi Final

View attachment 440423

We beat Dunfermline? Is this a fake game? Remember the time we were facing them in League One? Those were the days, when I didn't throw my computer at the wall after losing the league to a draw against St Mirren (Didn't actually do that btw) Anyway, onto the final, where we face the almighty Glasgow Celtic. Can we finally beat the in a cup final?

League Cup Final

View attachment 440422

YES! My first ever major silverware as manager comes as we beat the stompers of Scotland. Hopefully more major trophies to come this season, treble with the EL, League and League Cup anyone? Anyway, now to see if that treble is possible as we play Tottenham in the Europa League.

First Leg

View attachment 440421

Dammit, let's win in White Hart Lane :p

Second Leg

View attachment 440419

Outclassed, plain and simple

Youth intake, nearly done :p

View attachment 440418

Nothing yet, come on team, let's get someone decent please.

End Of Season Update to come. Can we win it?

Glad you won your first major trophy :). I'm sure you will go on to see trophies on a regular basis now.

End of season update

The fixtures

View attachment 440416

I've hidden off the penultimate game against Celtic as if we win, we win the title, and if they win, the title is theirs to lose. So, how did we do?

View attachment 440415

View attachment 440414

YES. WE HAVE DONE IT! EAST STIRLINGSHIRE LIFT THE SPL THANKS TO A CRUSHING OF THE GLASGOW CELTIC! FINALLY.

Anyway, to not get sidetracked, we lost 1-0 to St Mirren on the last day, but who cares? WE DID IT!

View attachment 440413

Pre season update to come. Will we be able to repeat our success next season, or top it? Or crash and burn? You'll see probably within an hour... JK, but seriously, you'll have to wait and see.

Now we have won the league, I'm going to discontinue the youth challenge. The chances of me winning the Champions League with youth players is slim to impossible, and I can't sign the players I need at this quality of football, sorry if this annoys you, but there is no chance I could finish the main goal.

Pre-season update

So how did we do in pre-season?

View attachment 439548

Very well, but it gets better when we get to the transfers...

View attachment 439545

View attachment 439544View attachment 439543View attachment 439542View attachment 439541View attachment 439540

WOW. We have made great progress in the transfer window and I'm fully confident in winning the title again and leaving our mark on Europe.

I've decided I'll show club and nation co-coefficients to show how great they are looking

View attachment 439539View attachment 439538

****. 20th in Europe and we're 6th in qualification places. 2 teams get group stages now!

Finally, our Champions League group

View attachment 439522

Ouch. Wish me luck!

Mid season update ft Champions League group

So, are we doing our job to retaining our title?

View attachment 437774View attachment 437773

Nope :p But look how close it is at the top, anyone in the top 4 can win it. Let's hope it's us!

The cups have been good, thankfully

View attachment 437772View attachment 437771

At this rate we can get a domestic treble with a little luck, Celtic are out of the Scottish Cup, is it our shot at Scottish Cup success?

The Champions League

View attachment 437770View attachment 437769

WOW! If you told us we would do this well I'd laugh at you, but we have, so now we are in the Champions League 1st Knockout round against Benfica! Not the worst draw, but not at all the best though. We are 1 position below them in club coefficients, so this will be a game and a half.

I'll still try and focus on youth, I just won't make it a rule so I have more of a chance of winning things, currently looking at a couple of youngsters anyway ;) Sorry if this wastes it for you in any way.

Last edited:
Champions League update vs Benfica

1st Leg:

View attachment 437604

A tough result to take in Portugal, but we have the home leg to turn things around

2nd Leg:

View attachment 437603

YES! That's more like it, now we face the most reputable club in the world, Chelsea!

Champions League vs Chelsea to come

Champions League vs Chelsea

1st leg:

View attachment 437601

A poor result, in games like this the home leg is usually key, and this may cost us.

2nd leg:

View attachment 437597

NOOOOOO!!!! We lose on away goals, we were a goal away from the Champions League semis. Well, we have next year ;)

Split update to come

Ouch, to go out on away goals is tough to take! Good result away to Chelsea though, proving you can mix it with the best.