How Long Till I get East Stirling to the SPL with only youth players?

• 3 (Minimum)

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 4 - 8

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • 8-12

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • +12

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Got a good idea for a story. Won't waste it just now but if anybody wants to see it tell me.

Wait, what? I'm posting a comment on this thread again? Long time no see...

Anyway, let's get down to business. This save will continue! (not as you'd expect though, we'll get to that)

So, why have I not been posting this? Well, remember the god awful patch of this game? (the one before the current one, can't remember what it was exactly) That patch destroyed all my tactics, couldn't find a new tactic, so yeah, that's the reason I've not posted this.

So, why have I not posted since the new patch? Basically, when the old patch was around, I wasn't doing well, I lost easy matches, as I've mentioned, and in Europe, I did god awful, which led me to losing lots and lots of money. So, finances turned into ****.

One thing left. Where is this save going? Fraserburgh! Wait what? We took over Fraserburgh mid way through the season (they were bottom of the Scottish League 2) and finished 6th, my pre season review for the 2030-2031 season will be up soon.

Thanks for reading and wish me luck :p

Last edited:
dude, i'm new to fm base and your story is the ultimate one that i've found. the east stirling part was quality and i'd like to see you become better than them with fraserburgh! good luck my friend.

dude, i'm new to fm base and your story is the ultimate one that i've found. the east stirling part was quality and i'd like to see you become better than them with fraserburgh! good luck my friend.

Dude that means alot! I'm also relatively new to FM Base so getting some positive feedback is really encouraging!

Fraserburgh Mid Season Update

This season has been a little disappointing tbh, but I didn't expect much, so I can't blame the players for that. Also I'll switch up my tactics for the second half of the season, and see if that has an effect (Going back to the East Stirlingshire one that got me to the Premier League)

League & Fixtures

View attachment 389833
View attachment 389832
So as you can see, this hasn't been the best period of my FM career :p

Player of the Season (so far)

View attachment 389831
Hardly our best player, but leads in assists for the club, and you can tell his presence means a lot on the pitch (5 games without him, 0 wins... Coincidence?)

Transfers

2 signings which will improve depth and quality, as well as youth, and should make a difference for the second half of our s
eason

View attachment 389824
View attachment 389823
David has great determination, as well as other mentals, so he should do a job. Dave has decent mentals, as well as physicals and both aren't technically gifted at all (as you'd expect at this level)

Oh, and one more thing. The youth challenge won't be happening with this team (maybe I could do under 23s or something, we'll see) for the simple reason that I don't have enough time to scout the players anymore, and anyway, it'll mean more updates quicker ;)

Youth intake to come.

Just sat here and read this.. Please make sure you continue! Inspiring me to do my own youth challenge also, plus its a good read :) Keep up the good work!!

Just sat here and read this.. Please make sure you continue! Inspiring me to do my own youth challenge also, plus its a good read :) Keep up the good work!!

Thanks :) Youth challenges can be frustrating but so rewarding at times, and something different from playing normally.

End of season update with Fraserburgh

So, were we able to rebuild some form for 2031?

View attachment 388639
Yes! Some interesting facts about 2031 so far, we've only had one away win and only two home losses.

So where did this leave us in the league?

View attachment 388638

A solid 5th position, shame we couldn't hit playoffs, but from 8th on matchday 20 to 5th by 36 is still a decent turnaround and shows how much influence the signings had

League stats

View attachment 388634

View attachment 388633

Nothing major here by us, couple things here and there but really nothing

Also, have a look at the player who dominated goals scored and average rating

View attachment 388632
He's awful! How does he do it? Half decent physicals to be fair :p

Player of the Season

View attachment 388631
Missed a few games but when he played he was our star. Good yound prospect, hopefully we'll see him in the future.

Signing of the Season

View attachment 388630
Didn't get a high average rating somehow, but was so influencial it'd be impossible not to give it to him.

Game(s) of the season

View attachment 388628

View attachment 388627
We like scoring 4 early goals against Arbroath :p

The other leagues

Premiership

View attachment 388637
**** zombies! Shouldn't even be a team yet won the league... Typical.

Championship

View attachment 388635
Sad to see Airdrie go down, considering I grew up a 5 minute walk away from their stadium, and sad to see Hearts go up, since, well, their Hearts :p

League One

View attachment 388629

I'm neutral here, no team I particularly like/dislike, so nothing to say

Pre season update to come, where I'll talk about my goals for next season, as well as all the normal stuff :p

Last edited:
2031-2032 Pre Season

This is the make or break season. Our finances are slipping and I fear another season in this league could send them too low

We HAVE to get promoted.

So what new talent are we working with to achieve these goals?

Transfers

View attachment 388392
View attachment 388391
View attachment 388390
Yeah, I wished for much better going into the window, Murray is our first team goalkeeper, which is hard to take in considering he's awful. Reid is decent, can hopefully play a role for us this season, adds to the skillful pick of CM's we have

Friendlies

View attachment 388389

A fairly succesful friendly period, most of which was for raising money, the rest for morale

Season Preview

View attachment 388388

Much better odds than last years 40-1, recently relegated Elgin are favorites for the title

Mid season uptate to come