TheBetterHalf´s Counter & Control 4231/451 - NO Download

loving this thread this is by far the easiest way to be successful imo ONCE you know when to use shouts, I still struggle knowing when to use shouts but I keep learning only problem it's very time consuming:mad: But KUTGW and I shall definitely be following this

Yes!!! Will be following this very closely :)

Hello TBH, I have a trouble with smaller teams : lost Villa - draw Stoke - draw Reading in PRM, lost Leicester in Carling in 1st round, draw Levante in Europa, but win Manchester United, Manchester City and Arsenal. I make some shouts but not have good result. Do you any idea ?

Thats exactly how I play the game. I think many people just assume that Counter is something you use when being an underdog and Control when you are a favourite but actually, it can be the opposite.

CONTROL = can be used when wanting to control a game you would not be in control of otherwise
COUNTER = can be used when wanting to exploit and counter any weakness and strengths to the opponent

In my current save with Newcastle, I have been using Counter with the " retain shouts" away to QPR whilst using Control with the "Exploit Flanks" shouts away to United :D

If this is the case, why use the 2 formations? Don't get me wrong, I love the idea. Do you use the formations dependant on which formation your opposition is using?

tbh,could please explain a bit better the wingers role? in my liverpool team i have two beast strikers (Falcao and a similar type of Falcao regen) and lots of inside fowards, like Hulk,Raheem Sterling,Sturridge,Ben Arfa,Ayew and etc. How would you think i would take the most out of them?

If this is the case, why use the 2 formations? Don't get me wrong, I love the idea. Do you use the formations dependant on which formation your opposition is using?

The 451 is in My opinion better if you want to flood the midfield, playing aggressive and hit direct balls into channels whilst the deep 4231 is better when playing more probing and patient, using the width and overlaps. So, I am more likely to use the 4231 when passing to feet, retain possession etc, and the 451 when getting forward and passing the ball into space.

If seing that we loose the midfield battle using the 4231, I normally switch to the 451 and also consider letting the FC man mark their DMC/Deep MC.
So , I load up the two formations as in the screenshot and then actually use a third on that I tweak from every game, sometimes it's a 4231 with Counter, sometimes it's exactly like the ones in the screens.

Last edited:
tbh,could please explain a bit better the wingers role? in my liverpool team i have two beast strikers (Falcao and a similar type of Falcao regen) and lots of inside fowards, like Hulk,Raheem Sterling,Sturridge,Ben Arfa,Ayew and etc. How would you think i would take the most out of them?

Just think of them as a unit, how they complete and support each other. If all players are cutting inside, what will happen to the AMC that is already in that space ?
If using wingers that hugs the line making crosses, are there enough people getting late into the area or should they cross from deep instead towards the far post ?
Perhaps using one winger crossing from deep toward the far post where your inside Forward can take control of the ball and cut inside and hit it with his correct foot?

Last edited:
Just think of them as a unit, how they complete and support each other. If all players are cutting inside, what will happen to the AMC that is already in that space ?
If using wingers that hugs the line making crosses, are there enough people getting late into the area or should they cross from deep instead towards the far post ?
Perhaps using one winger crossing from deep toward the far post where your inside Forward can take control of the ball and cut inside and hit it with his correct foot?

Hmm,i see your point.
So,what i'm thinking is that i have right now two non fast but very creative,passing and technique AMC: Suso and a Tall Regen(will post screens of them as soon as i get home).
What i wanna do is have two IF cutting inside and shooting or playing through balls to the TM or the other IF.The AMC should drop in the space left by the IF that cutted in,aiming him to either receive the pass in a free and open space to shoot/cross or head the ball from a cross by the FB.
How do you think i should set it up?

Its not possible to set that up as an "attacking movement in the playbook" so the speak, the AMC drifting out wide when the AMR/L cuts inside with the ball. Naturally, he will still do so on a few occasion if using move Into channels and roaming, but it wont be a situation you will see that often.

I think it's actually better to use the FC as an advanced FC so he drifts out wide more often and then let the AMC move Into his space Instead for a t-ball from the Inside Forward

I downloaded so many tactics and had even much successfull but never full enjoyed the game... i d like to have a full immersion like this and understand in a easy way the game..... i m trying to learn about so many blogs and sites but nothing is simple.... i hope some of you can make things simple and teach one like me that wanna be a enjoyable gamer.... i dont like to download a made tactic and just play i d like to understand when using and what...this game is not for a kid by then... hope in yours effort