TheMjt's 4-1-1-2-2 goalscoring tactic

• Thread starter TheMjt
  • Start date
  • Replies 39
  • Views 9K
Tried to roughly replicate the formation without downloading it initially with my Newcastle United team. The game was vs. Sunderland so i was counting on it to work efficiently. Thankfully, i won the game 3-1, but i had a total of 24 shots. I had a really depleted squad aswell, so thank you for this tactic, it seems to be working, will edit with more statistics :)

do you have any screenshots on your results for a whole season?

V1.1 now in OP, wingers have more creative freedom and slightly higher up the pitch

Which is the best tactic - v1 or 1.1?

Can I see a screenshot of your league table please?

Which is the best tactic - v1 or 1.1?

Can I see a screenshot of your league table please?

Well, v.1 is better if your wingers have low flair or creativity.

v.1.1 is better if they do

I have recently started a new Dortmund game and will upload a table when I get further into the season

Finally, a tactic that uses my base formation!

I will try this out TheMjt, it looks quite good

This result completely reiterates what I have been saying.

As you can see, my RW (Blacszykowski) scored 4 goals, as I said, the wingers will get many chances. Also, my LW (Grobkreutz) also scored.
View attachment 124406

I've been using the same formation since FM2010 with Persikota Tangerang. Tactically, however, I tend to change player roles depending on player availability and overall team flavor. The Villans, for instance, would use IFs to maximize scoring potential; while the Black Cats would use DefWings to keep the pressure on the opposition half, as well as using DLP DM (like Maresca/De Ascentis) and B2B CM, instead. Works better with supporting WBs, though, especially when using IFs.

The results are usually fairly good, my 2011 Villans really miss Milner, but A. Young plays wonderfully though since I prefer playing with budget-conscious teams, I haven't explored the full possibilities (like Neymar as the other IF). Meanwhile Sunderland just managed to top the Premiership (I played Bent as a Complete F, not having any really good TM) with very few concessions but not that many clear wins either.

Any suggestions to mine?

Will give it a try with my Man City dream team,currently rocking season 2025 with a load of players you will never have heard of,do you have any hints on how to get scouts to do what they are told?I look at the teams in Brazil and all the players are faded out apart from a couple who are ****.any tips will be welcomed.

Cheers mate

I think you should change the Advanced Player Instructions.

This is what I achieved
mkdons0tottenham8.jpg

morton0tottenham11.jpg

rapidbuc1tottenham10.jpg

sanjose0tottenham5.jpg

tottenham3wolfsburg0.jpg

Don't be surprised at the players' names, I just renamed Defoe and the others to Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi etc.

Last edited:
i've try your tactic with mu
so far win 1-0 againts chelsea & 0-0 againts man.city

Change the advanced player instructions.

It's no good just telling me to change them, I need to know what to change them too etc.

Also, I don't believe you saying you have just changed player names, why would you do that?

i think you should change the advanced player instructions.

This is what i achieved
mkdons0tottenham8.jpg

morton0tottenham11.jpg

rapidbuc1tottenham10.jpg

sanjose0tottenham5.jpg

tottenham3wolfsburg0.jpg

don't be surprised at the players' names, i just renamed defoe and the others to cristiano ronaldo and messi etc.
lies!

OK, I just finished my 2nd season with Toulouse, first using this tactic.

View attachment 126179

As you can see, I scored the most goals in the league and achieved a repectable position of 3rd place.

V2is in progress and involves moving the 2 wingers to AMC