Theory of Evolution?

• Thread starter Thread starter Stann
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 93
  • Views Views 7K
I dont have a clue what to believe however i enjoy to read what you guys think and the articles you are posting. Unfortuneatly we will never know the 100% truth about these things unless we can turn back time. :(

I dont think you understand, everything in Science is called a Theory, there is evidence to back up it, and Evolution is widely accepted as fact in the Scientific community

Which part of evolution? Micro-evolution is certainly a fact, but is Macro-evolution a fact too? If it is, then there's many anomalies that suggest otherwise.

What's your point? That's macro-evolution. They still became a totally different species after "billions of years". Even then, we don't actually know what those past species look like because we only have fossils to help us. And don't bother using Wikipedia as a source; haven't universities taught that Wikipedia is unreliable for sources?

What's your point? That's macro-evolution. They still became a totally different species after "billions of years". Even then, we don't actually know what those past species look like because we only have fossils to help us. And don't bother using Wikipedia as a source; haven't universities taught that Wikipedia is unreliable for sources?

Sorry, next time I'll link you to every source the wikipedia articles takes it's content from.

I don't see why you're so concerned about macro & micro evolution. Macro is exactly the same as micro but on a much larger scale.

Yeah, evolution is a theory. Much like gravity is a theory.

No it is a theory, it has not been proved, whilst gravity has been proved, go drop an apple out of the top of your window it is there, now go find a man with 15 fingers, 2 hearts and 5 lungs. see what you come up with.

No it is a theory, it has not been proved, whilst gravity has been proved, go drop an apple out of the top of your window it is there, now go find a man with 15 fingers, 2 hearts and 5 lungs. see what you come up with.

What a load of nonsense.

Gravity & Evolution are both facts & theories.

Sorry, next time I'll link you to every source the wikipedia articles takes it's content from.

I don't see why you're so concerned about macro & micro evolution. Macro is exactly the same as micro but on a much larger scale.

No it isn't. Micro-evolution keeps the species the same. It only involves traits that are characteristic to the species. Macro-evolution involves the creation of a totally different species over time.

In simple words, Micro doesn't change species, Macro does. See the difference now?

We can't prove that is gravity, it could just be our explanation for something completely different, and it just happens to work. We know nothing about gravity at all. Nothing is ever complete fact.

What a load of nonsense.

Gravity & Evolution are both facts & theories.

Wait a minute. I remember you saying that you are an atheist in a religion poll. If you believe in nothing, then why are you so adamant about believing in evolution? Guess you "intelligent peoples" aren't as intelligent as you think you are.

And why do you give gravity and evolution the same weight? Evolution is still a theory. If you say theory=fact, they you're sadly mistaken.

I'm afraid to believe in evolution for if it is true, in a thousand years, Humans physical attributes might diminish, like strength since our or the last generation lives a sedentary lifestyle. Mental attributes would certainly be better though since time = knowledge. Just me though, thats what I've always thought.

Wait a minute. I remember you saying that you are an atheist in a religion poll. If you believe in nothing, then why are you so adamant about believing in evolution? Guess you "intelligent peoples" aren't as intelligent as you think you are.

And why do you give gravity and evolution the same weight? Evolution is still a theory. If you say theory=fact, they you're sadly mistaken.

**** me do you have any idea how stupid that post looked ? Your last post told me a few things

- you do not know what an atheist is
- you have not read other posts in this thread
- you do not understand how Science works

No it isn't. Micro-evolution keeps the species the same. It only involves traits that are characteristic to the species. Macro-evolution involves the creation of a totally different species over time.

In simple words, Micro doesn't change species, Macro does. See the difference now?

I understand the difference between the two, I'm not simple. But the underlying process is the same, but just on a much larger scale. Arguing that micro exists and macro doesn't is just humbug. There is evidence for both, but sadly I made the mistake of linking to wikipedia so of course you can still deny that it exists.

Since when does being an atheist mean you don't believe in anything? Atheism is about the belief in the lack of a god, not whether evolution is real or not. At first I thought you were just playing devils advocate but clearly you're either a troll or an actual creationist.

Evolution is as much a fact as anything we know in science.

I'm afraid to believe in evolution for if it is true, in a thousand years, Humans physical attributes might diminish, like strength since our or the last generation lives a sedentary lifestyle. Mental attributes would certainly be better though since time = knowledge. Just me though, thats what I've always thought.

You might like this documentary: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387808/

Here's another dilemma/theory I'm going to put across to you.

Take an ant. They are a civilization, they work in teams, help one another, no how to survive. Yet there brain capacity is way too small, to know of our existence or to fathom what we are. So my question is why could it not be that WE to another species, are the ant. Is it not possible for our brain capacity to be so small that we are being percieved in that way, and that there are beings out there "above" us somewhere, who are way too advanced for us to fathom.

Thoughts?

**** me do you have any idea how stupid that post looked ? Your last post told me a few things

- you do not know what an atheist is
- you have not read other posts in this thread
- you do not understand how Science works

You've already mentioned that atheists believe in no deity. You've already been adamant to believe that evolution is true (Lee did mention this). By being adamant about believing in evolution, have you already made evolution a god? Yes. You believe that it's fact, and thus made it a god.

Last edited:
You've already mentioned that atheists believe in no deity. You've already been adamant to believe that evolution is true (Lee did mention this). By being adamant about believing in evolution, have you already made evolution a god? Yes. You believe that it's fact, and thus made it a god.

So when something's a fact, it's a God? I believe the sun is a fact, gonna go worship it.

Oh dear, what the science are you talking about? Just because we believe in something it doesn't mean it's our god. I believe in lots of things, so because I believe the earth orbits the Sun should I make that my god?

You might like this documentary: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387808/

Lol, I've watched that before.

Here's another dilemma/theory I'm going to put across to you.

Take an ant. They are a civilization, they work in teams, help one another, no how to survive. Yet there brain capacity is way too small, to know of our existence or to fathom what we are. So my question is why could it not be that WE to another species, are the ant. Is it not possible for our brain capacity to be so small that we are being percieved in that way, and that there are beings out there "above" us somewhere, who are way too advanced for us to fathom.

Thoughts?

We will probably be destroyed or experimented upon because thats what we basically do with all the species on earth.

Back