Theory of Evolution?

• Thread starter Thread starter Stann
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 93
  • Views Views 7K
You've already mentioned that atheists believe in no deity. You've already been adamant to believe that evolution is true (Lee did mention this). By being adamant about believing in evolution, have you already made evolution a god? Yes. You believe that it's fact, and thus made it a god.

what ?

Evolution is a scientific theory that I believe in for no other reason than Evidence. You cant compare the belief in Evolution to the Belief in God (A Creator) on reason is based on Evidence, Reason and logic, the other Faith with out any Evidence

Calling Atheism a religion is like calling bald a hair colour

Oh dear, what the science are you talking about? Just because we believe in something it doesn't mean it's our god. I believe in lots of things, so because I believe the earth orbits the Sun should I make that my god?

Well you don't know it, but you're just playing denial right now. You haven't noticed evolutionists saying that there's still anomalies that prevent evolution from being a fact? What you say is out of proportion because everyone already believes the Earth orbits the Sun. That's already fact from the start. Evolution on the other hand isn't. You've made it a god/idol by adamantly believing in it. If anyone says evolution's wrong, you stand in the way and defend it. Even if people mention the anomalies, you won't defer because you've made it a god.

And to theHig, who said atheism was a religion? I didn't. I merely said that you've contradicted atheism by believing that evolution will become closer to fact. By placing faith that evolution become nearer to truth, you've also made the evolutionary mechanism a god. By believing that evolution will become fact means that you believe that we humans came from it. By believing it, you've made sure that the present world was created from it. In essence, you've also made evolution a god. A god doesn't have to be a creator. You can easily make popularity or money a god.

Well you don't know it, but you're just playing denial right now. You haven't noticed evolutionists saying that there's still anomalies that prevent evolution from being a fact?

Sure, but science at least admits it doesn't know everything. At some point, maybe we will, but until then we do not.

What you say is out of proportion because everyone already believes the Earth orbits the Sun. That's already fact from the start.

Ever heard of Galileo? He proved it, using science. Theists, specifically the Catholic Church, didn't want to believe it and locked him up. Not straight from the start then, was it?

Evolution on the other hand isn't. You've made it a god/idol by adamantly believing in it. If anyone says evolution's wrong, you stand in the way and defend it. Even if people mention the anomalies, you won't defer because you've made it a god.

We've said it before, we'll say it again. Just because we believe in it, doesn't make it a god. I believe in my bed. Does that make it a god? No. But I'll "adamantly believe in it" and if someone says it isn't a bed I'll "stand in the way and defend it". If someone mentions that it has no pillows, I'll invite them to come up with a better theory over what it is, and if they do I'll believe in that instead. Until then, it remains a bed.

Sure, but science at least admits it doesn't know everything. At some point, maybe we will, but until then we do not.

Ever heard of Galileo? He proved it, using science. Theists, specifically the Catholic Church, didn't want to believe it and locked him up. Not straight from the start then, was it?

We've said it before, we'll say it again. Just because we believe in it, doesn't make it a god. I believe in my bed. Does that make it a god? No. But I'll "adamantly believe in it" and if someone says it isn't a bed I'll "stand in the way and defend it". If someone mentions that it has no pillows, I'll invite them to come up with a better theory over what it is, and if they do I'll believe in that instead. Until then, it remains a bed.

Will anyone deny it's a bed? Beds are already seen and universally known. Evolution isn't. There's a fine line you know. Of course science is great, but if you make it your life, that's the issue (trying so hard to prove something that isn't true). Well it looks like you can believe that evolution will lead to perfection, and I'll believe a God exists. Until then, good day.

survival of the fittest obviously? The gap between must have died out due to the humans dominating and most probably taking their food

Will anyone deny it's a bed? Beds are already seen and universally known. Evolution isn't. There's a fine line you know. Of course science is great, but if you make it your life, that's the issue (trying so hard to prove something that isn't true). Well it looks like you can believe that evolution will lead to perfection, and I'll believe a God exists. Until then, good day.

The bed was a hypothetical situation to try and make it easier for you to understand it. Clearly you can't even figure that out. Probably explains why you believe in a God. Sadly this thread is for the discussion of Evolution and not the existence of God because I could do with a good chuckle after the Liverpool match.

The bed was a hypothetical situation to try and make it easier for you to understand it. Clearly you can't even figure that out. Probably explains why you believe in a God. Sadly this thread is for the discussion of Evolution and not the existence of God because I could do with a good chuckle after the Liverpool match.

Well, I chuckled too. Thanks for it. And I did understand the bed situation, and I understood it because it was a BAD situation. Evolution still has anomalies to fix. Beds don't You just don't want to admit it. Clearly there's no point in discussing the truth of evolution anymore because we all have different beliefs. We might as well just close the thread. Well, cheers and bye for now! ;)

Well, I chuckled too. Thanks for it. And I did understand the bed situation, and I understood it because it was a BAD situation. Evolution still has anomalies to fix. Beds don't You just don't want to admit it. Clearly there's no point in discussing the truth of evolution anymore because we all have different beliefs. We might as well just close the thread. Well, cheers and bye for now! ;)

The rest of us have been discussing it. It's only you who seems to be unwilling.

Actually, we don't know yet, much like evolution. There might be something we can do to improve them, but we don't know yet. So, like the theory of evolution.

You know, you seem to be "standing in the way and defending" beds a lot. You must worship them as deities, surely?

And I don't remember you being the sole arbiter of this thread? Everyone else has been discussing it, whereas you have been steadfast in your out-of-hand dismissal of evolution.

Well you don't know it, but you're just playing denial right now. You haven't noticed evolutionists saying that there's still anomalies that prevent evolution from being a fact? What you say is out of proportion because everyone already believes the Earth orbits the Sun. That's already fact from the start. Evolution on the other hand isn't. You've made it a god/idol by adamantly believing in it. If anyone says evolution's wrong, you stand in the way and defend it. Even if people mention the anomalies, you won't defer because you've made it a god.

And to theHig, who said atheism was a religion? I didn't. I merely said that you've contradicted atheism by believing that evolution will become closer to fact. By placing faith that evolution become nearer to truth, you've also made the evolutionary mechanism a god. By believing that evolution will become fact means that you believe that we humans came from it. By believing it, you've made sure that the present world was created from it. In essence, you've also made evolution a god. A god doesn't have to be a creator. You can easily make popularity or money a god.
If he said Liverpool were the greatest team on Earth, and adamantly believed in it, would Liverpool football club be a God?

Evolution may be wrong, but at least it'll strive for the answer. Religion will be satisfied not knowing, and will never accept any evidence against it.

Actually, we don't know yet, much like evolution. There might be something we can do to improve them, but we don't know yet. So, like the theory of evolution.

You know, you seem to be "standing in the way and defending" beds a lot. You must worship them as deities, surely?

And I don't remember you being the sole arbiter of this thread? Everyone else has been discussing it, whereas you have been steadfast in your out-of-hand dismissal of evolution.

Of course. I'm a stand in the way against evolution. It was nice knowing that I have nothing to lose if (not likely In my opinion) evolution proves true. It was also nice knowing what you guys believe too. Sorry if I've gone off topic here and there and if I mentioned anything that went beyond my position in the forum, but I just had to say what I believed: that evolution isn't true. I still say the beds analogy wasn't that great.

Of course. I'm a stand in the way against evolution. It was nice knowing that I have nothing to lose if (not likely In my opinion) evolution proves true. It was also nice knowing what you guys believe too. Sorry if I've gone off topic here and there and if I mentioned anything that went beyond my position in the forum, but I just had to say what I believed: that evolution isn't true. I still say the beds analogy wasn't that great.

You keep saying it's not true etc but what's your actual proof and reasoning behind it? Because there are some anomalies? What anomalies? That macroevolution doesn't exist? But it does, and there is evidence.

Believing in Evolution isn't the same as believing in a God. There have been many studies that have proven Evolution and many studies that have failed to disprove it. Whereas there is still not even the tiniest piece of evidence of a God. This thread is about Evolution and it's very annoying to see users spouting a load of bollocks about things that they have learned in Sunday school.

You keep saying it's not true etc but what's your actual proof and reasoning behind it? Because there are some anomalies? What anomalies? That macroevolution doesn't exist? But it does, and there is evidence.

I hope I won't go into another debate again with this, but here goes:

1. Mutations: if species were to truly evolve, they would need mutations to be positive. Mutations would need to be positive and helpful to the species if they are to thrive in their environments. Since there's none that are positive and all that are either neutral or negative, how can new species thrive from evolution?

2. C-Value Paradox: If species were to truly evolve, they would need increasing values of chromosomes in their organism. Humans have fewer chromosomes than certain species a lot less complicated than we are.

3. The finches example: That's an example of micro-evolution, not macro-evolution, since those finches are still the same species but with different traits.

4. Mendel's Law of Limitation of Progeny states that a newborn's traits would be restricted to the traits their parents possessed. Darwin's macro-evolution needs no limitations for species to truly evolve.

There's four of them, but there's others.

Believing in Evolution isn't the same as believing in a God. There have been many studies that have proven Evolution and many studies that have failed to disprove it. Whereas there is still not even the tiniest piece of evidence of a God. This thread is about Evolution and it's very annoying to see users spouting a load of bollocks about things that they have learned in Sunday school.

I dont think you can expect a discussion about one, without the other one being mentioned preached. A discussion based around one is always going to lead to another. I think it is also wrong for you to call it bollocks, when it is someones faith.

1. Mutations: if species were to truly evolve, they would need mutations to be positive. Mutations would need to be positive and helpful to the species if they are to thrive in their environments. Since there's none that are positive and all that are either neutral or negative, how can new species thrive from evolution?

What? Where did you learn this, horror movies? Mutations can be both positive and negative. Giraffes, for example, originally had short, horse-esque necks. However, one had a mutation, a neck that was a little longer than the others, allowing it to reach higher branches and therefore survive. As a result, it passed on it's genes to its offspring, which also survived due to their longer necks. Eventually all the shorter-necked ones died out, leaving the longer-necked variety. Then, one had another mutation, an even longer neck, and it started again. This culminated in modern giraffes.

2. C-Value Paradox: If species were to truly evolve, they would need increasing values of chromosomes in their organism. Humans have fewer chromosomes than certain species a lot less complicated than we are.

Why would we? You've just disproved it right there. Chromosome number is not a determinanat of complexity.

Well some evolutionists believed so. How about the other two anomalies?

And some believed not.

The other two, I'm not intelligent enough to discuss them with any kind of gravity, so rather than just prattle on about something I know nothing about in a vague kind of way I'll leave it to people who can talk with confidence about them. Better to close your mouth and be thought a fool than open it and remove all doubt.

Thanks for the examples Toronto, will give me some reading for tonight. :wub:

I dont think you can expect a discussion about one, without the other one being mentioned preached. A discussion based around one is always going to lead to another. I think it is also wrong for you to call it bollocks, when it is someones faith.

Creationism has no place in a serious discussion about the origin of species. There's a higher chance of life on Earth being started from bacteria on a meteorite than being created by a God.

It's scientifically proven, but go on, you believe in your God even though you have no evidence at all apart from a book, of fairytales if i may say, that was written hundreds of years ago.

Back