There and back again: A Leeds United tale.

josh_brady

Reaction score
Hello, this is my first story on fm-base so go easy :)

I have loaded England, Germany, Spain, France & Italy all to the lowest divisions with a 4.5 star estimated speed rating.

This is a long term save and my aim other than winning everything is to develop players from the youth academy & try to become the richest team in the world - Something Leeds United certainly have not been associated with recently!

I chose Leeds United because of the below reasons;
1. They were once a very strong side when i was growing up watching football, even reaching a European Cup Final!
2. They produce some great players within their academy (Aaron Lennon, James Milner, Sam Byram, Fabian Delph, Jonny Howson, Scott Carson, Alan Smith, Paul Robinson, Jonathan Woodgate, Ian Harte, Harry Kewell, Gary Speed).
3. They have spent the best part of 10 years with new owners, chairman, managers and players.

I am here to bring stability, longevity and happiness to the fans :)

Leeds United Football Club are a professional association football club in Leeds, West Yorkshire, England. The club was formed in 1919 following the disbanding of Leeds City F.C. by the Football League and took over their Elland Road stadium. They play in the Championship, the second tier of the English football league system. Leeds United are the incumbent holders of the Inter-Cities Fairs Cup.

Leeds United have won three First Division league titles, one FA Cup and one League Cup. The club has also won two Inter-Cities Fairs Cups. The majority of the honours were won under the management of Don Revie in the 1960s and 1970s. Leeds lost the 1975 European Cup Final against Bayern Munich and reached the semi finals of the tournament's successor Champions League in 2001.

Leeds United play in white. The club badge features the White Rose of York and "LUFC".

Last edited:
First impressions

Sky Bet Championship Odds, as you can see we are all the way down in 15th place.
View attachment 120871
Leeds United Hire Josh Brady after sacking Gary Monk!
View attachment 120868
Leeds United Season Expectations;
View attachment 120870

A mid table finish is expected, i am hoping however for a go at the playoff spots!

Next up Transfers.....

Last edited:
good luck...i am a leeds fan so will defo be following your progress

Transfer News

With a transfer budget of 100k and only 5k spare in wages, it was clear we wouldnt be making any big transfer signings!

Below is all of our transfer dealings, ins/outs/loans etc.
Diego Poyet was a must on a free transfer, a player with 3 star ability and 5 star potential ability :p
Javi Paredes was signed as cover in the LWB position due to injuries, he is 2.5 stars.
Ermir Lenjani for 500k i feel is a steal, Charlie Taylor is out injured for a while and we were in need of a starting LWB, 3.5 star player.
Juan Carlos Paredes was transfer listed for 1.7 Million, a great price for a great player, we needed a RWB due to the long term injury of Gaetano Berardi, Pareses is a 4 star player.

We sold 2nd choice goalkeeper Marco Silvestri for 1.9 Million due to a lack of funds, the deal made sense on all parts (he wanted to join Lyon).
We also let winger Stuart Dallas leave for 1.8 Million as we play a formation without wingers, he was signed by Sheffield Wednesday.

I will next give you an update from August - January :)

Last edited:
I am always tempted to start a save with Leeds in every FM version. Don't know if I will do it this year but in any case I will be following your story my friend ! Good luck !

Amazing story so far, keep it going!
What tactic will you be using?

I am always tempted to start a save with Leeds in every FM version. Don't know if I will do it this year but in any case I will be following your story my friend ! Good luck !

Cheers! yeah i have always wanted to do a Leeds save!

As a Leeds fan I'll be following this story with interest. Surprised you sold Dallas as he's a great player on FM. Also surprised you only got that much for him. Are Jansson and Bartley injured?

As a Leeds fan I'll be following this story with interest. Surprised you sold Dallas as he's a great player on FM. Also surprised you only got that much for him. Are Jansson and Bartley injured?

Glad you will be following :)

I don't play with wingers on my Leeds save at present, so deemed Dallas unnecessary and no one was interested in him so had to keep lowering until a bid was made!

Bartley is fully fit, however he's been dreadful! Jansson is unfortunately injured, he's been fantastic!

View attachment 120047
I've been playing Jansson and Copper at CB.

The completed Championship League table 2016/17
View attachment 119772
Playoff Semi Final Match ups and results.
View attachment 119773
Playoff Final!
View attachment 119774
Promoted! :)
View attachment 119775
Initial budgets for next season!
View attachment 119776League top scorers;
View attachment 119769
Manager of the year award;
View attachment 119770
It's been an amazing season, have really enjoyed taking over and micro managing Leeds United, to be promoted in the first year is incredible and very unexpected, they've performed just like they are in real life right now!

Pontus Jansson & Kyle Bartley's loan moves will end :( Charlie Taylor LB refuses to sign a new deal also :(

We're Back (H)
View attachment 119767