There is a way to increase tycoon takeovers

Matty661

Reaction score
Before you read the guide, this (in my books) is classed as cheating, but who cares it's your game. I'll be explaining how to get a tycoon takeover 100% of the time. There's only 1 flaw with this, every other club that gets taken over has a tycoon as well. Onto the guide..

STEP 1: Go to: C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\data\updates\update-1120\db\1120\edt > then open the folder named "valid_takeovers_only" using either Microsoft Word or Notepad.

SIDESTEP: If the file is read-me only/doesn't save you must:
right click 'valid_takeovers_only' folder > Properties > Security > Edit > then make sure all users have 'full control' ticked > press ok (your sorted then)

STEP 2: When the folders open, it will explain what to do in the file, but it can be a little hard to understand, so I'll break it down. After the instructions at the top you'll see a load of writing, such as:
No Rich Individual Takeovers
"NO_RICH_INDIVIDUAL_TAKEOVER" "Germany"
"NO_RICH_INDIVIDUAL_TAKEOVER" "Portugal"
"NO_RICH_INDIVIDUAL_TAKEOVER" "Switzerland"
"NO_RICH_INDIVIDUAL_TAKEOVER" "Finland"
"NO_RICH_INDIVIDUAL_TAKEOVER" "Denmark"
"NO_RICH_INDIVIDUAL_TAKEOVER" "Sweden"
"NO_RICH_INDIVIDUAL_TAKEOVER" "China PR"
"NO_RICH_INDIVIDUAL_TAKEOVER" "Brazil"
This means that in those countries, there will be no rich (tycoon) takeovers. Feel free to delete any/all of it so you can get takeovers in those countries or whatever.

SIDESTEP: As you will see, there's 4 types of takeovers, they are already in order from best to worst (best at the top). In case your a total idiot and don't understand I'll do an order for you here (WORST>BEST):
Fans Trust Takeovers > PLC Takeovers > Consortium Takeovers > Rich Individual Takeovers
That info will come in useful when you are deciding what takeovers you want.

STEP 3: Now, to cancel a certain takeover you must put the correct 'code' under the correct section. So to cancel fans trust takeovers you must put > ' "NO_FANS_TRUST_TAKEOVER" "(Country Name)" ' under the part where it says '## No Fans Trust Takeovers' and same goes for all the others but obviously different 'code'.

STEP 4: If you wanna just cut to the chase and you only want tycoon takeovers, then you must cancel ALL takeovers apart from rich individual takeovers. So your folder should look like (copy+paste if you wish):

"NO_RICH_INDIVIDUAL_TAKEOVER" "Germany"
"NO_RICH_INDIVIDUAL_TAKEOVER" "Portugal"
"NO_RICH_INDIVIDUAL_TAKEOVER" "Switzerland"
"NO_RICH_INDIVIDUAL_TAKEOVER" "Finland"
"NO_RICH_INDIVIDUAL_TAKEOVER" "Denmark"
"NO_RICH_INDIVIDUAL_TAKEOVER" "Sweden"
"NO_RICH_INDIVIDUAL_TAKEOVER" "China PR"
"NO_RICH_INDIVIDUAL_TAKEOVER" "Brazil"
No Consortium Takeovers
"NO_CONSORTIUM_TAKEOVER" "Germany"
"NO_CONSORTIUM_TAKEOVER" "Portugal"
"NO_CONSORTIUM_TAKEOVER" "Switzerland"
"NO_CONSORTIUM_TAKEOVER" "Finland"
"NO_CONSORTIUM_TAKEOVER" "Denmark"
"NO_CONSORTIUM_TAKEOVER" "China PR"
"NO_CONSORTIUM_TAKEOVER" "Belgium"
"NO_CONSORTIUM_TAKEOVER" "Brazil"
"NO_CONSORTIUM_TAKEOVER" "England"
No PLC Takeovers
"NO_PLC_TAKEOVER" "Germany"
"NO_PLC_TAKEOVER" "Mexico"
"NO_PLC_TAKEOVER" "Switzerland"
"NO_PLC_TAKEOVER" "Austria"
"NO_PLC_TAKEOVER" "Indonesia"
"NO_PLC_TAKEOVER" "Finland"
"NO_PLC_TAKEOVER" "RSA"
"NO_PLC_TAKEOVER" "Greece"
"NO_PLC_TAKEOVER" "Denmark"
"NO_PLC_TAKEOVER" "Sweden"
"NO_PLC_TAKEOVER" "Israel"
"NO_PLC_TAKEOVER" "China PR"
"NO_PLC_TAKEOVER" "India"
"NO_PLC_TAKEOVER" "Belgium"
"NO_PLC_TAKEOVER" "Brazil"
"NO_PLC_TAKEOVER" "England"
No Fans Trust Takeovers
"NO_FANS_TRUST_TAKEOVER" "Germany"
"NO_FANS_TRUST_TAKEOVER" "Mexico"
"NO_FANS_TRUST_TAKEOVER" "Argentina"
"NO_FANS_TRUST_TAKEOVER" "Indonesia"
"NO_FANS_TRUST_TAKEOVER" "Switzerland"
"NO_FANS_TRUST_TAKEOVER" "Austria"
"NO_FANS_TRUST_TAKEOVER" "Finland"
"NO_FANS_TRUST_TAKEOVER" "RSA"
"NO_FANS_TRUST_TAKEOVER" "Russia"
"NO_FANS_TRUST_TAKEOVER" "Brazil"
"NO_FANS_TRUST_TAKEOVER" "Serbia"
"NO_FANS_TRUST_TAKEOVER" "Argentina"
"NO_FANS_TRUST_TAKEOVER" "Denmark"
"NO_FANS_TRUST_TAKEOVER" "Czech Republic"
"NO_FANS_TRUST_TAKEOVER" "Sweden"
"NO_FANS_TRUST_TAKEOVER" "Colombia"
"NO_FANS_TRUST_TAKEOVER" "China PR"
"NO_FANS_TRUST_TAKEOVER" "Greece"
"NO_FANS_TRUST_TAKEOVER" "India"
"NO_FANS_TRUST_TAKEOVER" "Peru"
"NO_FANS_TRUST_TAKEOVER" "Belgium"
"NO_FANS_TRUST_TAKEOVER" "France"
"NO_FANS_TRUST_TAKEOVER" "England"

That's if you want nothing but tycoon takeovers in England, obviously if your managing elsewhere then you put that country name.

SIDESTEP: I recommend allowing any takeovers anywhere so your folder would look like:

No Consortium Takeovers
No PLC Takeovers
No Fans Trust Takeovers

Then you have a fresh canvas to play with. So if you wanted tycoon takeovers in England only and allow every takeover elsewhere (which IMO, makes it a better game) it should look like this:

No Consortium Takeovers
"NO_CONSORTIUM_TAKEOVER" "England"
No PLC Takeovers
"NO_PLC_TAKEOVER" "England
No Fans Trust Takeovers
"NO_FANS_TRUST_TAKEOVER" "England"

STEP 5: Save and play FM. (I'm pretty sure this only works if you start up a new game, I don't think it works on files you saved before you edited the file.

------------------------------------------

Please note that this doesn't mean every club gets a takeover, just the clubs that are selling.

Thanks too Winnall over @ Neo Seekers for this.

Any questions.. ask.

does the valid takeovers only need to be ticked or unticked ingame?

ah okay :), played around with this in FM10, but its actually not only tycoon to happen, another board member can overtake aswell, atleast it was like that in fm10

i might be completely wrong here and probably am but if you reduce it to only tycoons can take over i know that means that all takeovers will be the kind you want but doesn't it also reduce the number of people out there who could takeover your club. also if you untick the valid takeovers only box then takeovers happen far more regularly because the people trying to takeover the club won't have to go through the fit and proper person test meaning dodgy businessmen can take over your club aswell as the legit guys who would pass in real life.

lethra you are right because they always have to leave one option open for a board takeover otherwise the game would probably crash when the first chairman gets so old they die/ want to retire.

ah okay :), played around with this in FM10, but its actually not only tycoon to happen, another board member can overtake aswell, atleast it was like that in fm10

This worked perfect for me in FM10 mate and so far.. has in FM11. Nothing in my current save as of yet, but one of my other saves a while back it worked with Pompey. Guess who I am in my current save... :)

---------- Post added at 06:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 AM ----------

i might be completely wrong here and probably am but if you reduce it to only tycoons can take over i know that means that all takeovers will be the kind you want but doesn't it also reduce the number of people out there who could takeover your club. also if you untick the valid takeovers only box then takeovers happen far more regularly because the people trying to takeover the club won't have to go through the fit and proper person test meaning dodgy businessmen can take over your club aswell as the legit guys who would pass in real life.

Well.. I have to admit, I have seen a fair few takeovers of with my valid_takeovers file edited. I also must say that I have never played the game with the Valid_takeovers file unchecked so I wouldn't know if there is more chance of a takeover. There will be a lot less takeovers but all the clubs that have owners wishing to sell the club, will sometime, within usually the first 2 seasons get a takeover. I started a current save with Pompey and nothing as of 23 March 2011. I'm hoping for a takeover in the summer.

This really should be stickied.

This guide will save so many new threads being made on this site, there has been so many questions trying to get a takeover lately!

Kudos (H)

im not sure about this,but i've been discussing it in other forum.they said that if you spend high enough to make your club goes red,you will get takeover.is this true?

im not sure about this,but i've been discussing it in other forum.they said that if you spend high enough to make your club goes red,you will get takeover.is this true?

I guess this could be true, but it will screw you up potentially. The board may fire you as you are not controlling the budget etc.. but thinking about it surely it is. If you go into administration, that means the administrators are gonna sell your club off and then if you have it just set to Tycoons then that's the only people that can buy it! :) try it mate, let me know how it goes.

I guess this could be true, but it will screw you up potentially. The board may fire you as you are not controlling the budget etc.. but thinking about it surely it is. If you go into administration, that means the administrators are gonna sell your club off and then if you have it just set to Tycoons then that's the only people that can buy it! :) try it mate, let me know how it goes.

i see.if the club has financial problem they'll straight away goes to administration?i mean,look at man utd in the game.i think most of us probably know that man utd will be taken over by sir bobby charlton later in the game.they didn't went into administration first.

i won't risk my job though. :p

I am having a problem opening the file - I ticked the full control box but I still can't open the file properly. Do you know the programme I need to open this file? Its an edt. file so not really sure..

I am having a problem opening the file - I ticked the full control box but I still can't open the file properly. Do you know the programme I need to open this file? Its an edt. file so not really sure..

hae you tried open with... then selceting something like notepad

Would it work in Microsoft word, like would the actual changes I make still work if I use word?

i don't know if i'm honest as i've not tried changing it in word. but usually there is either an open with... option or an edit option and when i chose the edit option it always brings it open in notepad straight away so that's what i use.

The file does open in notepad. Just right click the file, click open with and select notepad and it should work.

Ok.. When I try and save it, it now says access denied?

If you have any problem with this follow this:

SIDESTEP: If the file is read-me only/doesn't save you must:
right click 'valid_takeovers_only' folder > Properties > Security > Edit > then make sure all users have 'full control' ticked > press ok (your sorted then)

Think KingEric made a thread like this last year. Was of great use, thanks mate :)

So can you also alter the percentage of say consortium takeover vs. rich oil sheik takeover? Example:
Let's say as a default 95% is consortium and 5% is rich dude takeover and you want to change that to 80-20 for example. Is that possible and if yes, how?

Cheers