what a season!

Lincoln vs City
Contreras vs Choros
Sakanoko vs Sterling

Jeff Stelling must be falling off his chair.

May 2029

Here it is folks, the last run of the season. I'm sure you all want to know what has happened in the league run in, so naturally, we start with the champions league. Even better, we start with a defeat, yay!

In seriousness, Juventus were way too strong for us to win in Turin, but we knew this already. We set up to bring it back to the Bank, and by only conceding one, we do just that.

View attachment 170695

League action resumed at home to Villa, who had been a pain previously. Not today though, as we largely ran amok. A pretty comfortable win by all accounts, and it keeps us top of the league with now just two games to play.

View attachment 170694

Another big night at the Bank then, and we draw on everything we have to get past Juve. And, get past them we do, winning the match 2-0. The big Mexican Contreras was the man to do the damage on the scoreboard, but it was the defence that kept us in it; a late onslaught by Juve was repelled successfully. It means we are off to the final at the Bernabeu, where we play Monaco. They prevent a home final for Real, and try to do what PSG couldnt earlier in the competition.

View attachment 170693

The penultimate game sees us go to Goodison, where we claim a simple 1-0 win. The ramifications are that we go to the last day of the season to decide the title.

View attachment 170691
Here's how it stands with one left. A title will be won, and a relegation spot will be decided. It promises to be one **** of a final day to the season, that's for sure!

View attachment 170689

Good luck mate! Been following this story for the past couple seasons, and I would love to see you capture that league success.

The Final Day 2029

The Prelude

View attachment 170110

View attachment 170109
The Result

View attachment 170108

We actually managed it!! Chelsea away is rough enough as it is, but a Contreras master show did enough for us. It's naturally the first league win we've experienced at this level, but it is also my first for the club. Delighted as I am though, two finals are still to come so we can't party just yet.

What happened around the grounds?

View attachment 170107

Everton could have gone down, Harrogate could have gone down. Bournemouth do though, losing to Everton on the final day. There was drama elsewhere too, as Sheffield United claim the 4th CL spot. The three London clubs battled for the Europa League, Chelsea miss out. United finish mid-table - sacking Ronaldo and hiring Lord Bentdner.

Next up, 2 finals, a summary, and a shock decision, so keep your eyes peeled.

Most of the big boys were humiliated this season ! It is always nice to see these so called wicker team fighting for the tittle !

23/9/29

KERRY RESIGNS

View attachment 169786

So, I guess some explanation is needed. I'd originally made plans that I would leave in 2031, at the end of my contract. Then I decided to go after the World Cup, when I'll be leaving Chile. It got to the point though that I just wasn't enjoying the challenge anymore. Last season I got the league, champions league and FA Cup amongst others. I got them the silverware I dreamed of.

So now I face a new challenge - unemployment. I've already pledged that I'll be leaving home shores. My primary focus until the summer is with Chile. Unless a stunning opportunity comes up, I won't be taking another club job until after the World Cup as planned.

Jurgen Klopp replaces me at the Bank, I'm confident I've left a good team, and a good position for the club to be in. Now to see if my legacy is sustainable.​

Just as a side note, I haven't forgotten this, but work is rather getting in the way. Hopefully will have some time at the weekend.

Chile's World Cup Campaign

After a few meaningless friendlies, our campaign began in earnest against South Africa. The game was a tight affair, but we took the lead earlier. An equaliser was coming though, so 1-1 at half time was reasonable. In the end, it was a Tello goal that killed the game off, as we proceeded to park the bus from there.

View attachment 167180

Scotland were up next, having thumped Iran in game 1. We largely returned the favour, trouncing the Scots into the middle of next week. We put 5 past them to basically seal ourselves a next round spot, when we play Iran.

View attachment 167178

Iran proved not to be the whipping boys we expected, as we could only win 1-0 despite battering them. It was enough for us to top the group though, and we go through with Scotland to the next stage of the tournament.

View attachment 167177

Unfortunately, we fall at the very next hurdle. Serbia scored early, then we never really recovered the game. I'm absolutely gutted, especially given how we'd been playing. Shows that the team has a little work to do yet, but I've returned them from the humiliation of a few years back.

View attachment 167172

Brazil take the tournament home, beating the Czechs in the final. Scotland get the furthest of the home nations.

View attachment 167171

As promised, I resigned straight after the tournament. I was now completely unemployed. I'd still be looking for a suitable club job, but I had options after the tournament...

View attachment 167168

New Beginnings
View attachment 167125

Straight after the World Cup, I take over my home country. Lampard had run them into the ground, and England are now struggling in 19th in the world, and are in division 2 in the European Nations League. So I have to resurrect them, and fast. It's a job that sounds incredibly familiar.

Then, 14 months after leaving Lincoln, and 2 months since I joined England, I finally found a challenge I wanted to take on. In fact, I found two. There was Granada; bottom of La Liga, but a decent team and one that could challenge in a few years.

The other was an Italian team who were something of a fallen giant. A few barren years for the team had seen them slowly fall down the table, and they are 15th, having lost 5 on the bounce. With money available, and a tough league to conquer, it's perfect. So...

View attachment 167122

Good luck in your new beginning ! I like Napoli very much as a team and I hope you will do well!

Good luck in your new beginning ! I like Napoli very much as a team and I hope you will do well!

It's a team I've wanted to try on FM for a while, but they've always been OP when I get to them. Not this time though.

November 2030

So before I joined Napoli, I had 2 months at Wembley to try and turn around a failing England team. It all started with a Division 2 group consisting of us, Bulgaria and Russia. We didn't quite make it through unbeaten but we got the promotion back up to the top tier which I considered most vital. Bulgaria were the unlucky ones to be relegated.

View attachment 166921

Back in Naples, and this is the table before my only game of the month; away to Spezia.

View attachment 166920

The game itself was nervy for a while; we scored early but some poor defending cost us the lead. The experience in our team shone through at the end though, and we managed to seal a 3-1 win. A nice way to start my Italian experience.

View attachment 166918

Note: I will do a squad overview come the end of January, as there are already some moves in places. For example, guess the ex-Lincoln favourite of mine that will be joining come the start of the month?

December 2030

Best part of this month - winter break! That and it's my first full month in Italy. It's all very exciting.

First we play Bologna. I should also note that Napoli had scored 10 in 12 when I took over. It makes the 4 we put through the net today look more than it was. My main aim was to get the team scoring; I've done that. Now to deal with the fact that we conceded two sloppy goals.

View attachment 166794

We followed up with a thumping of Salernitana in the cup. Nice and straight forward really, but once again, we concede a sloppy goal.

View attachment 166793

Palermo away should have been a tough task for our supposedly struggling side, but we thumped them. Napoli have gone from being a team who can't score to a team that can't stop scoring. We actually managed to keep a clean sheet this time as well, so it was our best performance so far.

View attachment 166787

We went from our best performance under me to my worst though, as we failed to dispatch Sassuolo. In truth, I'm disappointed, we could and should have won. But on the other hand, we didn't lose, so I keep my unbeaten record.

View attachment 166783

We stayed in the cup with a dominant 3-0 win at Frosinone. Amor destroyed them down the flank, and once we took a dominant lead, we sat back and let the game play out.

View attachment 166782

Our last match before Christmas sees us play Carpi. A pretty simple match for us to navigate, but the goal we conceded rankles me yet again. I'll be looking to deal with that over the break.

View attachment 166780

We've moved up to 10th, and we're scoring goals now. The table looks a lot more promising than it did a month or so ago.

View attachment 166778

In the meantime, England get their Euros quali group. Romania and Greece should be easy to deal with, whilst I'm looking forward to the goal fest with San Marino.

View attachment 166776

Just read through all 22 pages! Brilliant Job! And all the best with Napoli :D. Italy is a fun league to manage. Btw can I know the winners history for Serie A? Bet its all Juventus.

Just read through all 22 pages! Brilliant Job! And all the best with Napoli :D. Italy is a fun league to manage. Btw can I know the winners history for Serie A? Bet its all Juventus.

Juventus have yet to lose the Serie A title in 15 years. Having said that, Monaco have won the last 7 Ligue Uns, Dortmund the last 8 Bundesliga's and Real the last 12 La Ligas. There is a definite monopoly on titles in European leagues currently.

****, please go to Spain once you're finished with Napoli and stop Real from winning everything!

So I've finished the season, and well....

To put it simply, everything kicked off. Keep an eye out tomorrow when I'll round up just what the **** happened to football in the last 3/4 months.