Exciting to see a new stadium!

Yes and no. Providing it goes ahead, it is unlikely to be completed before my contract expiry in 2031. It raises a few questions for me to address over the coming seasons, provided I win trophies that I want to.

its looking very exciting for silverware for you good work!

February 2028

I often regard February as the make or break point of the season. It;s that time where new signings are bedding in, and whether the teams in form can sustain their charge after a long winter. For me, the primary focus for the month was the game right at the very end - the Capital One Cup Final at Wembley vs Manchester United. I wanted that trophy back.

First though, a meeting with old rivals Brentford, who we put back in their place comfortably. We did still need a 90th minute OG to take all the points, but it was still comfortable. Definitely.

View attachment 182477

Next up, struggling Southampton. A Ferhat Oz double was enough for us to get 3 points, and for Rio Ferdinand to be sacked. Pat, the Saints most definitely need you!

View attachment 182470

Liverpool proved to be a much tougher opponent for us. The surprise title challengers gave us a tough game, but a Tello equaliser proved to be enough for us. I'm slightly disappointed; it was a home game so we really should be winning, regardless of opposition.

View attachment 182468

Our first leg versus Porto went better than expected. We played them off the park, but I'm incredibly disappointed that we conceded the away goal. Still, we are winning. It's a start.

View attachment 182467

FA Cup progress was secured though, with another thumping of Forest. We did go behind early on, but we recovered to smash the team in red, and seal our passage. We play Arsenal away next up.

View attachment 182465

Last but not least, we face Utd in the cup final. It was an edgy affair through and through, and despite us taking the lead through Lievens in the 1st minute, a wonder goal from Versteege levelled it with 7 mins left. Much like the semi final, it was a tense affair through extra time, but club favourite Freddie Sands was on fire. A few good saves in the match were joined by two in the shootout as we sealed the victory, and bring the trophy back to Sincil Bank.

View attachment 182463
Table:

View attachment 182462

Wow they really do need some help don't they? You don't though, excellent month there!

It's going to be an interesting final 3 months thats for sure.
I'm pretty sure you'll have no problem climbing to that top spot.
Congrats on the Capital One Cup.

It's going to be an interesting final 3 months thats for sure.
I'm pretty sure you'll have no problem climbing to that top spot.
Congrats on the Capital One Cup.

Going to be doing March/April as a joint update, should set the rest of the season up nicely.

March/April 2028

View attachment 181726

So, this is the state of play going into the last month. Lets look at it competition by competition:

League

It is starting to slip away from us again. A combination of massive fixture congestion (see the end of April), shoddy refereeing losing us points (Sheff Utd and Arsenal), and City being thoroughly relentless sees us drop back. Come the end of April, and the title belonged to the Etihad outfit. Our focus now turns to taking that runners up spot for the second year in a row, and giving ourselves something to work with.

FA Cup

Let's just not go there.

Champions League

My proudest achievement this season. Not only do we go past Porto, but we ditch City out on their ear with some of our best work this season. It means that the semi finals see Real Madrid play Benfica, whilst we play Dortmund. I see no reason why we can't get ourselves to Austria for the final, but we'll have to play well in Dortmund first.

View attachment 181724

May 2028

View attachment 181544
Well, that was one **** of a month. The three victories at the end of the month guarantee us 2nd place, but it is that first result that means so, so, so much. It means that on the 27/5/28, at the Ernst Happel Stadium, we will face off against Real Madrid for the right for the Champions League trophy.

Domestically, we round off a good campaign, but we miss out again on the league. City are unstoppable in recent years, but we can take pride in the fact that we only lost 4 games this season. With the right additions, I think we can definitely win the league next season. We are going to have to revisit our transfer policy though, and we may have to look at bringing in a big name or two.

Awards to follow the Champions League final.

View attachment 181543

View attachment 1019108

View attachment 181493

Champions League Final - 27/5/28

Lincoln City vs Real Madrid

Ernst Happel Stadion

View attachment 181486

This is what dreams are made of. It wasn't a classic final by any means; in fact you could argue it was dire from our part. We highlighted Real had the better squad, and defended accordingly. The goal was splendid though. Ferhat had been struggling to find the net in recent games, but a superb looping header hit the post and went in. It was to be the defining moment in the match.

The champions league win raises some significant questions for me though. I've won the most important club trophy going. I want the league, but do I hang around that long to get it? My contract expires at the end of 2031, so I have time to get the league, but I need to do it soon.

View attachment 181472

View attachment 181471

View attachment 181470

Wow !!! Amazing success my friend you deserve every credit you can get! Just caught up with it ! Who could dream a team like Lincoln to get so far ! If you ask me , I would advise you to stay in the club and who knows maybe one day the board name the stadium after you !

Wow !!! Amazing success my friend you deserve every credit you can get! Just caught up with it ! Who could dream a team like Lincoln to get so far ! If you ask me , I would advise you to stay in the club and who knows maybe one day the board name the stadium after you !

Funny you should say that, got some news about the stadium to come...

Earlier on this season, I mentioned that we had begun talks on a new stadium. Well...

View attachment 181419

The stadium is to be named after legendary Lincoln defender Grant Brown. He currently holds our league appearance record with 405 apps, and his most recent involvement with Lincoln was to be my first assistant manager. Currently at Forest Green as their assistant manager, I will be looking for a way to bring him back into the fold before the unveiling of the new stadium.

35000 seats will be a godsend to us as well, with the extra revenue it will bring. The other upside is that with the Champions League money that we've just earned, combined with the runners up money from the last two league seasons, we've not had to shell out much on loans. It's pretty handy. We've also managed to upgrade our youth facilities, and go up to youth category 1. It's all going well.​

Meet The Newbies

View attachment 181376
View attachment 181375

Pablo is a deal that has been complete for a long while, and I'm glad to have him finally join. With Tello and Gagnon-Lapare on the right side, I'm looking forward to seeing them charge forward. The right side of our team is starting to look incredibly strong now, and it is definitely the focal point of the team.

View attachment 181374

My new record signing at 40.5m. I'm putting a lot of faith into Contreras, but I believe he will be simply amazing next to Lievens. It also gives me a nice option to change with Ferhat, who is still young, but with less experience than Eduardo. Ever since the Copa America when Contreras destroyed us, I've been trying to tie up a deal, and I'm overjoyed to have pipped Chelsea at the post in doing so.

View attachment 181373

Originally brought in as a backup, Garce is actually a lot better than I expected. I would imagine pre-season will determine my first choice back 2, but this lad is definitely in contention alongside either Zuniga or Sanchis.​

Massive congratulations on the champions league! am sure you'll go on to win the league.

2028 South African Olympic Games

I originally took this job because I couldn't be bothered to find someone to appoint. That, and I have never won the Olympics. I've just won the Champions League, and whilst I'm on that high, I'll try and keep myself going.

Results

View attachment 180836
It's not the champions league, but I'm just as proud nonetheless. 6 Lincoln players win medals, as Cisterna came in as an injury replacement. From the opening draw with Germany, we never looked back once, and we were stupendous in each game we played. The Australia game was my favourite. We dug in really deep to win that in extra time, despite them playing those 30 mins with 10 men. The looks on the lads faces well and truly said it all when they received their medals, it meant a **** of a lot.

What Next?

I came to a conclusion following the medal ceremony. First I told the squad, but two days later, it was announced to the press. Following the conclusion of the World Cup campaign, I am to resign my post. It's been a massive couple of years for the team so far, but I can only take them so far. We're 6th in the world now, would be nice to see us in first before I leave. That, and with our hands around the coveted trophy at the end of my reign.

View attachment 180835

Last edited:
August 2028

Owing to the disjointed nature of this month, this is just a quick summary.

View attachment 180608
Results-wise, we started slowly, losing the Super cup and our opener. We hit back hard though, and Contreras scored 4 in his first 2 to put us back on track. The clean sheets were handy too.

View attachment 180606

The Champions League sees immediately face off with Barca again. Pretty happy we can get 2nd in the group at least though.

View attachment 180605

No new additions after our original spree, but we do see Rivero leave. He's put in the hard yards, and I'm glad he got the CL before he left.

View attachment 180604