OMG a lincoln save! this is awesome gr8 start i love the fact ur a 23 year old lfc fan born in lincoln!

dude im a 22 year old lfc fan born in grimsby! small world!

I hate to make this world any smaller but I am a 23 year old Lincoln fan born and bred in Lincoln, world just got a whole lot smaller! Looking forward to the rest of this save!

I hate to make this world any smaller but I am a 23 year old Lincoln fan born and bred in Lincoln, world just got a whole lot smaller! Looking forward to the rest of this save!

woah! how crazy would it be if we've all met be4 :p

So long League 2, and thanks for all the fish

You may have guessed it from the title of this post, but we got the magic promotion we so desperately wanted. Having said that, I can't help but being disappointed.

Why? The results below demonstrate that...

View attachment 213775

A monumental loss of form, combined with a few injuries saw us throw away a comfortable 3rd place to see us finish 5th. Thankfully, we rallied, and saw off both Colchester and Gillingham to move on up.

On the plus side, we did score in 20+ consecutive games which was incredibly pleasing. Our defence wasn't quite of the same standard though, and that will be a priority target for the upcoming league 1 campaign.

View attachment 213766

Transfer wise, well, I'm keeping you in the dark until the next post. We do break a transfer record though, so that's exciting.​

They have faltered so many times at this stage, its nice to see them go all the way, hopefully you can stay in League 1 because they haven't got a great history when they do get promoted!

They have faltered so many times at this stage, its nice to see them go all the way, hopefully you can stay in League 1 because they haven't got a great history when they do get promoted!

I did what Keith Alexander couldn't do, that alone is a good start for me.

Ins, Outs, Shake-ups all about

I had money this season! And, being the irresponsible 22 year old I am, I immediately went and spent it. Let's see who I gave cheques to....

View attachment 213369

Now lets be fair, you probably have no idea who some of those players are. In truth, I had no idea either. For that reason, lets meet the 4 signings I'm most excited about.

View attachment 213367

My new record signing. I'm very excited about this deal, as this lad has the potential to be one of the best players in the league this season. His mental stats are superb, and with some good technicals, he should be central to my plans this year.

View attachment 213363

An opportunistic signing by all accounts. Bolton went into administration, and I leaped at the opportunity to bring him in. I mean, just look at that finishing! He'll be leading the line for me this season, and I really hope he brings home the bacon. Goals too, but I want that bacon...

View attachment 213362

Kalifa is a bit of a shot in the dark, bu I'm pretty happy he should be a solid choice at the back for us. As long as he keeps his head in the game for us this season at least, his concentration is a touch lacking.

View attachment 213359

All good teams need a good keeper. Offredi could hopefully turn out to be a hidden gem for us, as he will inherit the gloves from the departing Lenny Pidgeley. He won't be able to rest on his laurels though, with Rhys Taylor waiting in the wings.

So there you have it. Keep your eyes peeled folks, there'll be more soon, but for now, I'll leave you with this...

View attachment 213356

He's being paid 2.2k per week, the least he can do is supply you with bacon!

Haha, I was browsing your transfers & thought for a second you'd signed Ryan Babel & he wasnt one of the 4 you were excited about! :p

Haha, I was browsing your transfers & thought for a second you'd signed Ryan Babel & he wasnt one of the 4 you were excited about! :p

In fairness, Brobbel has been more effective than Babel would ever be!

Down to the Wire

View attachment 213021
With 9 games to go, here's how it stands. A dismal run for us has just been ended with a couple of victories, but the pressure is absolutely on. We aren't safely in the playoffs yet, and whilst that would be a massive step up from where we should be, promotion would be spectacular. Brobbel (assists) and Thomas (goals) feature highly in the charts, but we need a more all round effort here.

Who do we have left?

View attachment 213018

Some pretty rough games by all accounts. The upcoming Peterboro' game is the key. Win that and we open a little ground on a rival, but we need to win at least 6 of the remaining 9 to be secure.

The Newbies

View attachment 213016

The best of a pretty naff bunch. Let's not dwell on it any further.

In other news, Crouchy joined Bristol Rovers as their new manager. We wish him well, and look forward to seeing him in a pre-season friendly next season.​

The pressure is well and truly on

View attachment 212933

So that could have gone better. Peterborough demolished us, whilst Luton just wandered through our defence. Needless to say, that did not help with our promotion chase.

Having said that, we responded well against Crewe. Very well in fact, the 2-1 win was dominant, and we should have kept the clean sheet.

Wrexham was misleading though, we may have won 2-1, but we only had 2 shots on target. Wrexham had 21 shots, but only 4 OT. Had they been more clinical, we were screwed.

View attachment 212935

And after all that, we remain 6th. It's between us and Shrewsbury now I'd wager, we've been pushing each other all season. 5 to play, and everything to play for. Now is most definitely the time for heroes.​

Last edited:
It's the final countdown....

This is the table with one to play:

View attachment 212596

Nerve-wracking doesn't cover it. Sincil Bank will be rocking, we'll be attacking, but will it be enough? Can Sheff Weds do us a massive favour and tame the Shrews? You'll know soon enough.​

The tension!

With those fixtures, I have to fancy you guys. Hope I haven't jinxed it! :S

View attachment 212574

"Sheffield Wednesday take the three points at the Greenhaus Meadow. Many nervous Shrewsbury eyes are now on Sincil Bank, where the full time whistle is about to blown...."

View attachment 212554

"And that's it! Lincoln hold on to claim the win. Two first half goals from Banton and Roberts put Lincoln in the driving seat, but some late Vale pressure nearly cost them.

So what does that mean for the playoffs? Lincoln are to face Swindon, whilst Millwall, now under the guidance of player/manager David Forde, who was announced earlier today, are to play Portsmouth.

We look set for a cracking set of matches."

Semi Final Time - Lincoln vs Swindon

Game 1

View attachment 212499

Not one to excite. By all accounts it was a pretty crappy match. The finishing on show was dire. More importantly, we haven't won anything in our home game. It means we need a result at the County Ground, a place where Swindon have been formidable. I could keep typing here, but I've run out of things to say about a poor game.

Game 2

View attachment 212495

That's more like it! A De Francesco thunderbolt opened the game nicely, but we went in level at half time as Swindon levelled. We traded goals again in the second half, and it looked like extra time was an inevitability.

That was until a cross from the left hit Sam Hutchinson at pace. There was nothing he could do as it headed over the line. The away end erupted, and hadn't fallen silent by the time the whistle went. We were in the final against Portsmouth! Could we win one more game this season?​

Last edited: