They Play For Your Rival But You Respect Them?

Average Joe

Reaction score
Just wondering which players from your main rival you respect or like?

At Inter Milan, I've got to choose Zanetti he's played for them since 1995 in over 700 games. The oldest player to score in a Champions League match (37 years old) and also one of the best foreign players to play in Serie A. I'm pretty sure you could ask him to play anywhere on the pitch and he would do a decent job!
He's still playing well at his age too.

So do you respect a rivals player? Any Man United fans like Gerrard or Lampard?
Any Barca fans like Cassilias?

I respect Bale, obviously, and Drogba. Can't respect any Derby players though.

Sadly I can't help but hate every single person who puts on a Norwich shirt in his career... That's why I absolutely despise Craig Bellamy :D

Bristol City - David James, ex England goalkeeper nothing else need to be said.
Birmingham City - Craig Gardener, ex Villa player.
Rangers - No-one lots of rubbish people

I respect Steven Gerrard for his real determination to help Liverpool and England, always trying 110%

Porto
----------------
Ruban Micael
Hulk
Falcao
James Rodriguez

And when they were still in portugal
Cristiano Ronaldo (Sporting)
Ricardo Quaresma (Sporting and Porto)
Figo

still like robbie savage despite derby, but forest and derby players dont do much for me really :) spose kris commons is pretty good aswell

Celtic - Gary Hooper
Sunderland - asamoah gyan

Nobody.

A City player is a City player. No matter how good they are

still like robbie savage despite derby, but forest and derby players dont do much for me really :) spose kris commons is pretty good aswell

I never used to like savage as a player! no real reason just used to get under my skin!

Yeah ok Bri there's another thread, cheers for linking :) my bad x

Anyway, Zanetti is a player I'm pretty sure any team would like to keep. In Italy players seem to play alot longer (cept Giggsy and Scholes :wub: around 35ish)

giggs..............

now im going to wash my mouth out....... XD

giggs..............

now im going to wash my mouth out....... XD

Too be fair I dont think Giggs has really put a foot wrong. (outside of a match - although rarely in a match!)

He is still playing well for his age and he is a great player for people to look upto. Same with Scholes (if he sorted his tackles out! ;))

---------- Post added at 12:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 AM ----------

I respect Bale, obviously, and Drogba. Can't respect any Derby players though.

The annoying thing with Bale is, he's Welsh! Iv'e lived in Wales all my life but I was born in England and I'm about 2 miles from the border.

Bale is the EXACT kind of left sided player England have needed for years. Not saying they would have won any more, but Bale is a match winner in himself!

From Real Madrid, i respect Iker Casillas
From Benfica, i respect no one.
From Arsenal, i respect Cesc Fabregas, Nasri, Vela and Arshavin.

From Real Madrid, i respect Iker Casillas
From Benfica, i respect no one.
From Arsenal, i respect Cesc Fabregas, Nasri, Vela and Arshavin.

Do you wish Fabregas never left? Or do you wonder if he would of ever even got a chance to prove himself at Barcelona?

The annoying thing with Bale is, he's Welsh! Iv'e lived in Wales all my life but I was born in England and I'm about 2 miles from the border.

Bale is the EXACT kind of left sided player England have needed for years. Not saying they would have won any more, but Bale is a match winner in himself!

****** Welsh left wingers. If we competed as the UK, we'd be unstoppable.

Every Benfica player should be taken behind a shack and shot.
Porto players... the amount of hate is not the same, but i still hate them.
This is what rivalry is all about.

Steven Gerrard really is Captain Marvel. Always respected him as a great player in the English game.

Steven Gerrard really is Captain Marvel. Always respected him as a great player in the English game.

He does seem to be able to pull a win out by himself! He's an all-round class player, but there is something that makes him different from your average good player