Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
View attachment 317310

Don't read anything into the formation, it was screwed up in the 90th minute when I went to overload and my left back got injured. Don't make too much of the long shots either, I can't stop the stupid amount of long shots with any team or tactic on FM13, I've just learnt to live with them now.

This type of game happens all the time irl, however, I refuse to accept that it happens to any team more than a handful of times in a season. This is my third time in five games in my current season, after probably a dozen times last season too. This can't be the the ME's clunky attempt to tell me something is wrong with my tactic either because I was using different one's last season with the same ludicrous results.

The players are happy, no one is stressed (including the strikers), training is fine, I've said nothing wrong in the media or to my players. There is no reason at all for this to happen so many times.

Add this to the half a dozen goals I scored last season that the ref DIDN'T SEE!!! and gave a goal kick for, plus one already this season. I'd say back to FIFA for me till this game is finished like I had to do with FM12 but, worryingly, this year there won't be any more patches.

Play the game in this state or find football fix elsewhere? It's a tricky one.

You're Liverpool, that is completely realistic for them ;)

Post in the bugs forum. Out of interest who are your strikers? I'm just asking because Suarez never seems to put them in the back of the net for me.

first off its your tactics your not creating ccc and you can stop long shots since the last update

second your dramatizing

three stop being a ***** and either play it or don't!

View attachment 317425

10 games out of 20 now! I've never seen anything like it! Also the 2 ccc for West Brom is a mistake as I watched the whole game and both their goals were definitely not ccc's nor were there any others.

Suarez is my main striker, he was great last season, 30 goals. This season he, like the whole squad, have just started to get demoralized by this stupidness.

Terrible amount of CCC's for the shots you have, far too many long shots.
Something wrong with your tactics somewhere, seems like your players are just smashing it at goal from anywhere.

View attachment 317425

10 games out of 20 now! I've never seen anything like it! Also the 2 ccc for West Brom is a mistake as I watched the whole game and both their goals were definitely not ccc's nor were there any others.

Suarez is my main striker, he was great last season, 30 goals. This season he, like the whole squad, have just started to get demoralized by this stupidness.

Whatever you are playing, you need to look at it, because it looks flawed. Actually its very reminiscent of Liverpool last season, Lots of shots, not enough quality from them. Can you post your team instructions and player roles.

I'd put money on this being tactical flaws.

I got beat 2-0 by a team once who didn't have one single shot all game...two OGs. Shocking how often since the last patch or two that the opposition score from their only shots on target too

I got beat 2-0 by a team once who didn't have one single shot all game...two OGs. Shocking how often since the last patch or two that the opposition score from their only shots on target too

You should really start looking at how and why then. The match engine is the same for both sides.

Completely agree with Mike. Whenever a tactic of mine isn't working, I never blame the game (except for that ******* long shot bug) I either scrap that tactic and start over, or alter it.

You should really start looking at how and why then. The match engine is the same for both sides.
Oh I'll still win the game 3,4,5 - 1. However I do find it impossible how anyone is ever going to unlock the 20/30 clean sheets in a row Steam achievement!

Oh I'll still win the game 3,4,5 - 1. However I do find it impossible how anyone is ever going to unlock the 20/30 clean sheets in a row Steam achievement!

Sounds like you are playing the i'll score more than you game! If youre constantly winning, probably not worth the adjustment, pros outweigh the cons. I have to say, i'd have to do it personally, it would annoy me far too much.

I've done the 20 clean sheets, got to 27. Its difficult and rightly so in truth.

Sounds like you are playing the i'll score more than you game! If youre constantly winning, probably not worth the adjustment, pros outweigh the cons. I have to say, i'd have to do it personally, it would annoy me far too much.

I've done the 20 clean sheets, got to 27. Its difficult and rightly so in truth.
**** you! I've gotten to 18 three times and 19 twice.

Well, in FM12 (I haven't get the kind of match yet in FM13, well, actually I've got a 0-0 like that, a 2-3 and a 1-1), I had a record of 17/20 of that sort of thing happening with Torino.

Torino 3 - Chelsea 1
Torino 3 - Chelsea 3
Atlético de Madrid 0 - Torino 2
Barcelona 0 - Torino 1

And so on.

You may have change tactics, but I'd bet both are super-duper-mega attacking. And you just got way too far into the attacking intent so you get too many players crowded in the last quarter of pitch without space to find anything and shooting a lot... because they keep running out of any option and they make desperate shots. And the "few" times they get the ball into the area, they're close but not comfortable, so no good real chances. Meanwhile, your opposition is just taking advantage of their few chances because possibly when they get them, they're comfortable chances, like one on ones without pressure over their striker against a goalkeeper that has felt too comfortable for too long.

Some times the best way to attack and score is not to tell everyone to dash forward and get into the area.

Well, in FM12 (I haven't get the kind of match yet in FM13, well, actually I've got a 0-0 like that, a 2-3 and a 1-1), I had a record of 17/20 of that sort of thing happening with Torino.

Torino 3 - Chelsea 1
Torino 3 - Chelsea 3
Atlético de Madrid 0 - Torino 2
Barcelona 0 - Torino 1

And so on.

You may have change tactics, but I'd bet both are super-duper-mega attacking. And you just got way too far into the attacking intent so you get too many players crowded in the last quarter of pitch without space to find anything and shooting a lot... because they keep running out of any option and they make desperate shots. And the "few" times they get the ball into the area, they're close but not comfortable, so no good real chances. Meanwhile, your opposition is just taking advantage of their few chances because possibly when they get them, they're comfortable chances, like one on ones without pressure over their striker against a goalkeeper that has felt too comfortable for too long.

Some times the best way to attack and score is not to tell everyone to dash forward and get into the area.

And since these tend to come on the counter, you are in a whole world of trouble when they do happen.

I've used this particular tactic since 2010 and have always had a large amount of long shots. I also often have a very high amount of ccc's and shots on target.

I very much take issue with the stats on FM13, I would class at least 3 of the 7 half chances as ccc's. They may not have been 1 on 1 with the keeper like the others but they were just as clear cut. I don't think there is a lot wrong with a tactic that has 15 shots on target and 5 ccc in a game. I'm pretty confident in all my tactics despite the long shots. What bothers me is the AI scoring with quite literally every single shot on target. I tend to think it's more the terrible ME trying to simulate my defenders being a little nervous or something similar. This is the major failure of the AI in FM, and always has been.

I think second to the high tactical learning curve, the main thing that will turn new players off FM will be the vicious circle of poor AI, poor ME and poor simulation of both that cause these daft results too often.

I've used this particular tactic since 2010 and have always had a large amount of long shots. I also often have a very high amount of ccc's and shots on target.

I very much take issue with the stats on FM13, I would class at least 3 of the 7 half chances as ccc's. They may not have been 1 on 1 with the keeper like the others but they were just as clear cut. I don't think there is a lot wrong with a tactic that has 15 shots on target and 5 ccc in a game. I'm pretty confident in all my tactics despite the long shots. What bothers me is the AI scoring with quite literally every single shot on target. I tend to think it's more the terrible ME trying to simulate my defenders being a little nervous or something similar. This is the major failure of the AI in FM, and always has been.

I think second to the high tactical learning curve, the main thing that will turn new players off FM will be the vicious circle of poor AI, poor ME and poor simulation of both that cause these daft results too often.

That's one of the major problems of previous versions. Flawed ME made it far, far too easy. So tactics that worked then are going to have to be worked on, or you'll have to have a new approach to situations.

It's not a case of poor AI/ME it's a case of having to adapt. Took me a while to change things, and do a tweak here and there but the patience is paying off... If you stick with approaches from previous FM versions you'll potentially get crucified

The ME doesnt work that way.

These results only happen consistently often when you have underlying tactical issues. The problem is that you have already decided the game is fault, so you're going to keep having the same issues, from now and in future FMs.

Even at a quick glance at the stats i would be concerned with your approach

Whether you want to take that advice is up to you.

Last edited:
The ME doesnt work that way.

These results only happen consistently often when you have underlying tactical issues. The problem is that you have already decided the game is fault, so you're going to keep having the same issues, from now and in future FMs.

Even at a quick glance at the stats i would be concerned with your approach

Whether you want to take that advice is up to you.
You my well be right, I've been playing this game an awfully long time but I certainly don't know everything. If there is an underlying tactical issue then I blame the game for that itself. This tactic has been tweaked for FM13 and the players in the squad and, I believe has been perfected by signing some more ideal players for the roles needed. If I'm forced to rule out any ME or AI issue and the tactic suits the players, and has previously been proved to work in practice what other explanation can I come up with?

You my well be right, I've been playing this game an awfully long time but I certainly don't know everything. If there is an underlying tactical issue then I blame the game for that itself. This tactic has been tweaked for FM13 and the players in the squad and, I believe has been perfected by signing some more ideal players for the roles needed. If I'm forced to rule out any ME or AI issue and the tactic suits the players, and has previously been proved to work in practice what other explanation can I come up with?

The tactic doesn't though does it? 19 long shots from 34 is a big warning sign. If there is an underlying tactical issue, its not the game to blame.

Where the game does fall down is that it needs a proper "manual" in the form of TT&F 10, but slimmed down.

You missed out the fact that the ME has removed many of the flaws from previous FM engines. The explanation in truth has been given to you by several other people, that your current approach is most likely not upto scratch, and that the tactic isnt up to scratch. You really should post your team instructions and player instructions up.

Status
Not open for further replies.