Trophy_Whorder

Trophy_Hoarder
Reaction score
This is Catenacciofm2013 patch 13.3.3

View attachment 366303
Little background story about this tactic

If you are part of the football circle then you have probably heard of the word catenaccio which means “dead-bolt” or “lock” in literal terms but it is interpreted as a very bad word referring to Italian football from the ‘60s and ‘70s that was negative at best. There are some tactical lessons to be learned from Catenaccio and any soccer coach should take these into consideration. However, Catenaccio can be a very good strategy to use for defense when it is correctly performed. In fact, the result of implementing Catenaccio may be one of the very best defensive strategies that exist in football. There is of course one good reason why Catenaccio isn’t liked by many soccer fans and that is as simple as the strategy keeps the other team from scoring.

History of the formation

Catenaccio was supported primarily by Helenio Herrera, an Argentinean trainer who was also the coach of Italian Serie A side Inter Milan back in the ‘60s. Herrera used Catenaccio to win two European Cups and four Serie A titles, which is proof positive that the system worked wonders. Of course, by this point you may be wondering how Catenaccio is implemented. Basically, Catenaccio uses a formation of 1-3-3-3 which is considerably more stable and provides more defense to the goal. The formation has one sweeper (1), three marking defenders (3), three midfielders (3) and finally three attackers (3) that make up the 1-3-3-3 formation. Occasionally Herrera would use four marking defenders and a sweeper that would defend the area between the defensive line and the goalkeeper. He would cover any attackers, pick up loose balls, as well as move the ball from the defense area to midfield where he could then attack. The Italians were popular for Catenaccio and this defensive strategy. However, the English clubs were using a different strategy. They were playing with a 3-2-5 formation that was the old “WM” style and it really did not have a chance when compared to the Italian Catenaccio.

With version ive gave it a modern out look more narrow play instead of the wide version

Match Preparation
I dont use them but if you feel the need to they do so is upt o you.

Touchline Shouts

Did not use any in this tactic​

Opposition Instructions
Dont use them and if you do then by all means do so

Training schedule
Main focus on the tactic whole season

View attachment 366306

Player instructions

Goalkeeper
View attachment 366307

Defenders instructions

View attachment 366308View attachment 366309View attachment 366310View attachment 366311

Midfielders instructions
View attachment 366315View attachment 366314View attachment 366313View attachment 366312

Strikers
View attachment 366316

Fixtures

View attachment 366319View attachment 366318View attachment 366317

League table

View attachment 366320

So there you go hope you have fun using this successful anti defence tactic i have all ways wanted to try and make a successful anti defencive tactic and only letting in 11 goals in one season I feel i have full filled my goal.
As all ways please leave feed back and if you need any other Information about the tactic feel free to ask don't be shy.

Download
View attachment 366322

Last edited:
Very good OP.

Sadly this isnt my cup of tea style of play wise.

Come up with a more British based game and I would be very interested to try it out.

I dont understand you do use oi's or no?

and i thought there was a libero in the tactic? when i downloaded it just has 3 defenders.

Last edited:
hi I don't use oi and I only had three centres for the last game because my sweeper was injured that's why you sore three defenders instead of 1 sweeper 2 cnterbacks

i think its cos he making something simaler

if he think ive downloaded his tactic then he is wrong because I would not do that copyrighting some one work is just not cool this is my own creation the my tactic and his are completely different for starters my tactic I use time wasting and he does not I all so made a tactic called dead bolt last years on fm on e other thing I haven't downloaded a single tactic on this football manager hope this has cleared it out.

if you look on this site you will find loads of formations looking the same but all are different from instructions to player instructions and one day when the time comes for me to download a new tactic or try a tactic I will say so and so create this tactic this tactic this is my own. Sorry to go on a little rant don't like people accusing me in doing some think I have not done just to gain reputation in the tactic side

if he think ive downloaded his tactic then he is wrong because I would not do that copyrighting some one work is just not cool this is my own creation the my tactic and his are completely different for starters my tactic I use time wasting and he does not I all so made a tactic called dead bolt last years on fm on e other thing I haven't downloaded a single tactic on this football manager hope this has cleared it out.

if you look on this site you will find loads of formations looking the same but all are different from instructions to player instructions and one day when the time comes for me to download a new tactic or try a tactic I will say so and so create this tactic this tactic this is my own. Sorry to go on a little rant don't like people accusing me in doing some think I have not done just to gain reputation in the tactic side

i dont think he was

im playing as barnsley 5th season in the prem and my def is the only part i need to take a look at will try it at some point when i get a better def and sw

So its a libero we need to use or a sweeper? Also is there some good players you can reccommend for this role?

So its a libero we need to use or a sweeper? Also is there some good players you can reccommend for this role?

Hi sorry for the late replie been very busy this week I have been looking around on fm to find some of the best sweepers one position is hard to find a good player to fit the role

View attachment 367129View attachment 367130View attachment 367131View attachment 367132View attachment 367133View attachment 367134View attachment 367135View attachment 367136