Hello,

I thought I would keep you all updated after 15 games with Newcatle I won 11 drew 1 and lost 3, so it seem quite successful for mid table teams my three losses coming against Liverpool 1-0 away 2-1 Chelsea away and 1-0 Man City at home so not a bad 3 teams to lose too,

I have also tested this tactic with my Ac Milan game "see below", so that's three leagues I've tested it with and it's still bringing the results, but please can someone help me make some set pieces as I cannot make these as I believe that can make this tactic even better.

View attachment 128094

Last edited:
i can tweak them if u like mate. If so i can upload ur tac with tweaked set-pieces. Let me know if u want it. Cheers

ok, give me a minute. I´ll tweak and upload it. Do u want the link by pm or can i post it here?

It's ok you can post it up here, so everybody can download if they wish.

Thank you for helping

in the pic you put up the tactic called mattattv5 xavi inesta +1

but i get umbomav3

why?

considering i just put it to test it and had to play chelsea shot wise was evens but position i was like 65% chelsea was 45% i scored 2 goals in last 5 mins and my team is'nt the greatest

Starting my first season in npower1 with wimbledon and it looks good. Just beated palace 4-2 away.

in the pic you put up the tactic called mattattv5 xavi inesta +1

but i get umbomav3

why?

I wanted to give it an offical name, :p

---------- Post added at 01:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 AM ----------

Starting my first season in npower1 with wimbledon and it looks good. Just beated palace 4-2 away.

That's great, hopfully with youre help I cant make any changes to make the tactic better. Keep me posted on ho it's working for you.

---------- Post added at 01:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 AM ----------

are you getting the same sort of possession and shots like I and other people are getting??

---------- Post added at 01:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 AM ----------

Remember everyone that this tactic is not perfect, but I believe I have taken it as far as I can and I would welcome any feedback on how to make this tactic work better.

my possession isn´t like yours, but my midfielders r ****. I´m thinking about droping box to box to DMF position. With that i hope i can make it easier 4 my team.

my possession isn´t like yours, but my midfielders r ****. I´m thinking about droping box to box to DMF position. With that i hope i can make it easier 4 my team.

sounds good let me know how it goes for you.

---------- Post added at 01:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 AM ----------

What other teams do you think this will work well with.

That's a good question I was hoping that this would work with almost any team but so far I've only tested it with Barca, AC milan, Arsenal, Newcastle, Fulham, and was fairly sucessful with all of them, for some smaller clubs the tactic may need a slight change from the box to box midfielder to maybe a more defensive player to stay sitting in midfield as you can sometimes get counter attacked.

---------- Post added at 01:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 AM ----------

Just state the title then :D

Oh god I'm rubbish with names lol,, if you could just call it This is the tactic for you, 4-2-3-1

Many Thanks

---------- Post added at 02:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 AM ----------

I've changed the Box to Box midfielder to a standard Central Midfielder with the Duty set to Support and this seems to be helping with the counter attacking.

i played 16 game with it doing really well top of league in fact, but my striker does not score (Leigh Griffiths) the goals are coming from the wings are mid. what do you suggest i do? ps im in championship

i played 16 game with it doing really well top of league in fact, but my striker does not score (Leigh Griffiths) the goals are coming from the wings are mid. what do you suggest i do? ps im in championship

Might be worth taking his Mentalality down a notch or two so he can sit a little further back and join in the game a little bit deeper, for me it's working as it is but I have had the like's of David Villa, Ibrahimovic, Chamakh, Carlos Vella and Andy Carroll to work with and it's been working quite well.

Is Leigh Griffiths in the game does he get enough touches is he getting assists, or is he out of the game completely?

---------- Post added at 02:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 AM ----------

ok, here it is. Make sure u put the stronger header in DCR spot. Let me know how it goes.

http://www.filefront.com/17857613/UmbomaV3_setpieces (AFC Wimbledon, Jul 2012).tac

I just wanted to say thank you for setting up the set pieces for this It's been working a treat and scoreing 1 in every 2/3 games, compaired to my 1 in every 5/6 games. Good work

Might be worth taking his Mentalality down a notch or two so he can sit a little further back and join in the game a little bit deeper, for me it's working as it is but I have had the like's of David Villa, Ibrahimovic, Chamakh, Carlos Vella and Andy Carroll to work with and it's been working quite well.

Is Leigh Griffiths in the game does he get enough touches is he getting assists, or is he out of the game completely?

he getting assist which is good 4 in 7 games. he having shots but cant convert them but with other tactic i used with him he bangs them in.