Three Lions On The Shirt: An England Story

Daniel Carter

Reaction score
This will be my last SINGLE person story of FM 2010, as I have had enough of making them until the new game is released. I have noticed the international saves get a lot of coveage and followers, if your stories are of good quality and from my previous experiences people enjoy my stories...

------------------

attachment.php

Capello's England Contract Terminated After Outbreak With England FA

9capello_angry.jpg

Fabio Capello had apparently slammed the FA, claiming they had lost faith in him.

Sky Sports News can today announce that Fabio Capello has been sacked as England Manager, after he failed to gain success at the 2010 World Cup, and with an outburst to the FA about lack of faith, he has been removed in a fiery argument.

Capello apparently used foul lanuage towards his employers, often speaking in Italian to disguise what he was saying. He slammed the FA, and claimed they had lost faith in his managerial ability and were disssapointed after the World Cup.
Capello reacted badly to this, and went off the rails in a fiery argument with the FA. They resolved this by removing him as the International Manager.

Many facts were unknown until he has been removed, with a string of backroom staff at The England Camp, reavealing that they hated working under Capello, and he would control you in everything you done, often mimicking if you done something wrong. They claimed that he was a "control freak" and if nothing was done "his" way, he would make sure you knew about it.

Bookies Odds On New Manager: Beckham Favourite

Paddy%20Power%20Logo.jpg

David Beckham (LA Galaxy Midfielder).........5/2
Alan Curbishley (England U21 Manager)......4/1
Mark Hughes (Current Fulham Manager)...............6/1
Alan Shearer (Ex Newcastle Striker).........10/1
Sven-Goran Erickson (Ex England Manager)..........12/1
Dan Carter (Ex-Swansea Manager)...........20/1

david_beckham.jpg

Bookies Favourite: David Beckham

It will be a tense few days at The England Camp, but they hope everything will be sorted in a couple of days, bringing in a man who will hopefully bring success to England.

This is your sixth story in 2 months. Either make one and stick to it, or don't do them at all, it just clutters up the forum, and gives mods a reason to get rid of this section. Good luck btw.

EDIT: There are also a lot of England stories on the site, couldn't go for something different? Like the Bulgarian Second Division?? ;)

attachment.php

Ex-Swansea Manager Appointed To Succeed Fabio Capello

_48260882_alan_curtis_bbc.jpg
Dan Carter Pictured During His Time At Swansea
England have today appointed ex-Swansea City, Daniel Carter as there new manager. Carter will take control of the team for the up-coming World Cup, looking to bring back success to The England camp.
Daniel Carter will take control of the side straight away to face Holland in a Friendly. Carter has no interntional experience, although did guide Swansea City to the premier league. Carter has said to be relishing the opportunity to take England forward and looks forward to it. Sky Sports News can bring a official interview held at Wembley with Dan Carter now. :-

Sky Sports News Reporter, John -- Hi Dan, Welcome to Wembley and your brand new job. How do you feel?

Dan Carter -- Obviously I am over the moon, to be incharge of a side like England for the up-coming world cup is a massive boost for my confidence as a manager and shows I must be doing something right.

Four4Two Magazine, Sam -- What are your plans to do with England, and how do you aim to bring success?

Dan Carter -- I will be including youngsters of England, even bringing back old players. For starters, I feel that Beckham was treated unfairly and I believe he has a lot of ability and would very much like to re-include him to the team. That's all the questions I will take for now, thanks!

-----------

Dan Carter now takes charge of his sides first friendly match against Holland in 35 days. You can follow his success and see if he can guide them to world cup glory.

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

attachment.php

Carter's First World Rankings Announced: England In 7th.

FIFA_logo.small.jpg

As I walked into his England FA HQ office, I noticed a large letter on my desk with a widely spread red sickie note saying "Treat with care". Carter murmured to himself "what the **** is this?" I slowly picked the letter up, removing the red stickie note. I then pulled out a two page letter from inside. It read the following :-

"Dear Dan, I am sending a quick letter to inform you of our current Fifa Standings. We are currently lying 7th place, but I'm not happy. I want us to be at least making the top 3 very shortly, so the ball is in your court. All I ask, do me proud.
Kind Regards, Sep Blatter"

I took a large gulp along with a deep breathe before whispering "top 3 shortly, oh ****, how am I going to manage that? I won't be able to do that, not me!" With that, entered Sep Blatter, The FIFA President, looked over at me, before tidying his suit, and telling me "I have faith in you"

This is your sixth story in 2 months. Either make one and stick to it, or don't do them at all, it just clutters up the forum, and gives mods a reason to get rid of this section. Good luck btw.

EDIT: There are also a lot of England stories on the site, couldn't go for something different? Like the Bulgarian Second Division?? ;)

Who the **** cares? It's about telling your story right? If he feels he can entertain people, then just let him do it. And if I'm honest, Bulgarian Second Division doesn't interest me at all, I'm more interested to see how he does as England manager, seeing as I needed some help when I was England manager.

Who the **** cares? It's about telling your story right? If he feels he can entertain people, then just let him do it. And if I'm honest, Bulgarian Second Division doesn't interest me at all, I'm more interested to see how he does as England manager, seeing as I needed some help when I was England manager.

his point is, he's shown a lack of commitment to the majority of stories - a real reason why a lot of people don't like this section, and if this section were to be removed, it'd spoil it for a lot of good, committed writers...

also, theres no need for the cheap shot about his [Joss] story tbf, his story is brilliant and is more interesting than the majority on this site, plus it's more of a challenge than the england job - thus making it more interesting - especially as it's a journeyman story..

his point is, he's shown a lack of commitment to the majority of stories - a real reason why a lot of people don't like this section, and if this section were to be removed, it'd spoil it for a lot of good, committed writers...

also, theres no need for the cheap shot about his [Joss] story tbf, his story is brilliant and is more interesting than the majority on this site, plus it's more of a challenge than the england job - thus making it more interesting - especially as it's a journeyman story..

Alright first off, I had no idea that Joss was doing a Bulgarian story so get your ******* facts right, and I have nothing against Joss, I just have a problem with people saying that a person's story isn't worth telling simply because others have started at the same point. Does this mean that the story will be exactly the same?

And being an amateur writer and relatively new to the whole FM scene, I know that when a game isn't going exactly the way you hoped it would, it's seriously difficult to keep up the enthusiasm to keep it up, especially as the writing takes a good deal of time aand effort to make it worthwhile and interesting.

Alright first off, I had no idea that Joss was doing a Bulgarian story so get your ******* facts right, and I have nothing against Joss, I just have a problem with people saying that a person's story isn't worth telling simply because others have started at the same point. Does this mean that the story will be exactly the same?

And being an amateur writer and relatively new to the whole FM scene, I know that when a game isn't going exactly the way you hoped it would, it's seriously difficult to keep up the enthusiasm to keep it up, especially as the writing takes a good deal of time aand effort to make it worthwhile and interesting.

unless you want to be banned very quickly id strongly advise you to keep within the rules when posting.

unless you want to be banned very quickly id strongly advise you to keep within the rules when posting.

As far as I can see, I swore once there, and the rules say 'Do not swear in excess'. All I'm doing is defending someone's right to post a story.

As far as I can see, I swore once there, and the rules say 'Do not swear in excess'. All I'm doing is defending someone's right to post a story.

Yes but it was needless to swear. You may have been defending his right but he has other stories on the go and rules state only ONE story per user at one time. 2 storys over the course of an amount of time. This is a rule he breaks quite often, I dont think he has ever got passed the first month into a story.

I wanted the stories closed, I have contacted the mods. I am keeping this one as my last one!

ye fair enough but i was enjoying your blackpool one :/

Take it your not doing our joint story any more? or are you doing both?

Nice work. I personally liked the layout and stuff. :)
I believe some England's attacking problems can be solved by Delfouneso/Welbeck. Good luck.

attachment.php

Injury Problems For New England Boss

England_Football.jpg

New England Boss, Dan Carter has a tough choice ahead of their opening friendly with Holland with lots of injuries, with 4 potential first team players missing out.
Dan Carter will have a tough job of selecting his team, with Rio Ferdinand, Owen Hargreaves, Michael Carrick, Ledley King and David Beckham definitely ruled out, whilst Theo Walcott is a doubt.

Some good news for Carter is that Steven Gerrard is passed fit for the game, and is likely to start for Carter's first game in charge.

Confirmed Squad For Holland Friendly

Goalkeepers
Ben Foster
Rob Green
Joe Hart

Defenders
Ashley Cole
Glen Johnson
Gary Neville
Micah Richards
John Terry
Stephen Warnock
Johnathan Woodgate​
Midfielders
Gareth Barry
Joe Cole
Steven Gerrard
Adam Johnson
Frank Lampard
Aaron Lennon
James Milner
Shaun Wright Phillips
Ashley Young

Attackers
Gabby Aboglahor
Jermaine Defoe
Peter Crouch
Wayne Rooney
Michael Owen
Theo Walcott (Doubt)

Other England News

Steven Gerrard has been confirmed the new England for the up-coming set of friendly's, while Jamie Carragher re-retires from International football.

Last edited: