Jamiewilson

Reaction score
Just a quick thanks to PatrickLFC for his advice and great story. Also I am using LFC Marshall's update

I will be taking over Tigres UANL who have one of the longest names in football, Club de Futbol Tigres de la Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon. Wonder why it was shortened. They are based near Monterrey and play in the Liga MX. They have a decent history but, I intend to add more trophies to it.View attachment 238523

The club recently made a bit of news when they signed an out of contract Andre-Pierre Gignac and Nigerian international Ikechukwu Uche also on a free to add quality up top. I feel that they along with the rest of the squad's quality means that silverware is more than realistic.

Now the rules you have to follow to earn them is unique. Each year has two seasons the Apertura (Opening Stage) and Clausura (Closing Stage). in each you play the other 17 teams in the league once and then the top 8 qualify for the Liguilla (Little League) it is a two legged cup competition and teams are seeded from their final position 1st vs 8th 2nd vs 7th etc. If the scores are even after the two legs away goals are used and if it is till even the team that did better in the regular season goes through.

The way that continental qualification work's IRL appears to be different to on FM so I will wait and see what happens. It is confusing as Mexican teams enter both the North American Champions League and Copa Libertadores. Obviously the Liberadores is better but IRL the best teams qualify for NACL while teams that do worse qualify for the Copa Liberatdores but FM seems to have changed that around so will wait and see.

View attachment 238522Expectations are to qualify for the knock out cup then get to the final which seems doable.

Should be interesting not seen a mexican story in here but your strikers should see you through

A squad overview just a quick point it doesn't include Gignac but he is rated as our best striker.View attachment 238519
A solid squad and I will be playing a 4-4-2 to allow our star strikers to preform we also have a lot of great youngsters to many to show so I will upload a screenshot of them when they make their debuts.

One early problem is that the league allows only 5 foreigners we currently have twelve. Four of them are out on loan so that leaves us three players over the limit so some will have to be moved on. I decided that I would only sign Mexicans for now to avoid adding to those numbers. Here are my budgets for the season View attachment 238517I also get 80% of anyone I sell and I plan on having a few players leave already.

Here is the formation it is one that I haven't used in this game I changed the CM's to DM's as we have far better defensive midfielders than central midfielder'sView attachment 238515I feel that the front four is good enough not to need a lot of support and can grab goals with the other players chipping in with them from time to time.

Transfer Update

I didn't have long to make my moves in the transfer market with the window closing about two and a half weeks after I joined that meant that my scouts wouldn't have much time to identify players and I would have to rely on my knowledge of Mexican youngsters i.e. Carlos Fierro.

Transfers Incoming

However, as I had plenty of depth at striker I went and bought the other Mexican youngster I knew Hirving Lozano.

View attachment 238489The only issue is that Jurgen Damm is another young player and is an AMR but I can hopefully train them to be an AML.
View attachment 238487
The only other signing that I made was a young right back from our rivals Santos Laguna he should develop into a great player.View attachment 238486Outgoing transfers

The only player that I sold was Lugo a 29 year old AMC as I'm not planning on playing one he is a bit useless I offered him out and Middlesbrough offered the 1.2 million that I was looking for so off he went.
View attachment 238488
I tried offering out a few players but received no bids for them. I did receive numerous bids for players that I didn't want to sell.

Bournemouth and Newcastle were very interested in our players.View attachment 238485View attachment 238484However, Torres Nilo is by far our best left back and the second best one is on loan so I rejected the bids.

I also got an offer for Jiminez my starting right back but I turned it down View attachment 238483 I was tempted as I have an older player who could fill in for a year or two before new signing Abella took over but, I decided to keep him as he is the best by a margin and I also feel that he is worth more than they offered

I was having a look through my squad and saw Jurgen Damm, yes he is Mexican, his pace and acceleration are ridiculous.View attachment 238481 I plan to use him as an impact sub so that he can run at/past tiring defenders. He is also good enough with hos other stats to be decent but with his pace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EoNHZ-dGms

One final note I now know who my first opponents will be Morelia in the Mexican Super CupView attachment 238479

Out of interest what skin are you using? It looks ace!

Also I will follow this story with interest, a very good idea.

In transfer news Bournemouth came in for Jiminez again but, I plan on selling no first team player for now as I can't replace them as the window is shut.View attachment 238444

We host Morelia in the first leg of the Mexican Super Cup and it is a match that we should easily win but, Morelia got to the Super Cup so they deserve our respect. I'm hoping that big signings Gignac, Uche and Lozano have good debuts.
For the first game I forgot to Screenshot the line up so I will just do ours after two minutes when I realised I had forgot.

Just two minutes into my first competitive game we lead Gignac and Uche combine and a 1-2 plays in Gignac and he fires past the keeper for a debut goal.
View attachment 238443Here is our line up. Morelia are playing a 4-5-1 and have no players that I think you will have heard of.

Guzman makes a great save after thirteen minutes to deny their winger after their striker passed to him in space.

They equalize after 36 minutes the left back whips in a cross and their striker heads into the corner from close range.

Half time 1-1. I decide to put on Damm to run at a tiring left back.

I make the second substitution Rios, who has disappointed, is off for Pizarro.

We regain the lead in the 66th minute Juninho, the Brazilian centre back who takes our free kicks, hits a great free kick the keeper tips it away and Damm wins the race to the ball, by a mile, and slots the rebound past the keeper to score a debut goal.

The lead was doubled three minutes later. Torres Nilo hits in a cross that causes a scramble the ball falls to Gignac and he fires it in from close range. Can he get a debut hat trick?

Final substitution after seventy minutes Rafael Sobis replaces Uche who has been anonymous after his early assist. Sobis also makes his debut.

We grab a late goal to add to the lead we take to Morelia. Juninho stops a counter attack and plays the ball to Jiminez his cross is cleared to Pizarro who tees up Sobis and he fires a shot into the top corner with power that no keeper could save.

A good win in my first game in charge and I expect us to hold onto the lead if not add to it away at Morelia. Gignac lived up to expectation but, Uche disappointed. Damm and Lozano both looked good on the right wing and between them shoulc play their for the next few years.View attachment 238442

This is a list of all the players that made debuts for us against Morelia having checked his profile I also saw that Sobis has eight Brazil caps so gives us three good international strikers up front to choose from. I won't do scrrenshots of them as he only young players were Lozano and Damm who I have already shown.View attachment 238441Also having read the rules I just realized that I can still buy players from foreign clubs and they will be transferred to me but, as I have used all my foreign player slots they couldn't play unless they were a Mexican who played abroad.

We had good transfer news Bournemouth had given up their pursuit of Jiminez and moved on to the next player on their lost. Bad news he also played for our team. Stoke also put in a bid. He is my third choice centre back but, I want to keep him as without him we will have far worse depth at centre back and we have a congested fixture list as the league has games every Wednesday and Saturday so good depth is key. View attachment 238431
We then got our group for the Mexican Cup I will explain the rules for it before the first match in it. I expect us to go through though. View attachment 238430Finally, Bournemouth came back with another bid for Jiminez but, again I declined I might have accepted if I could buy players within the country but as I can't I will sell no starters.View attachment 238428

We had a four one lead heading into the second leg with Morelia. The big decision was to drop Uche for Sobis after he did well in his 20 minute substitute appearance while Uche was disappointing.View attachment 238432

We add to our lead after 5 minutes Sobis out wide hits a deep cross that Lozano meets to volley the ball back across the keeper and in.

From kick off we win the ball back and Lozano goes on a great run beating a couple of men but hit his shot at the keeper.

We lead at half time and Uche replaces Gignac who has low fitness due to some hard tackles.

Morelia equalize route one they win the ball and hit it long Hugo Rodriguez tries to head it back to the keeper but, their striker gets to the ball first and beats the keeper.

After 54 minutes Lozano picks up a knock and is replaced by Damm.

Morelia lead a corner whipped in headed down for a volley that is saved well but the rebound falls to a Morelia player and he toe pokes the ball in.

We should have equalized soon after Uche wins a cross and lays the ball off to Damm his shot from close range is blocked though. Still losing after 67 minutes.

Uche is played in by Sobis but he takes to long to shoot and is tackled the ball falls to Villalpando but he can only hit the side netting from a tight angle.

With twenty minutes left Morelia double their lead from a free kick crossed in ball headed into the top corner simple. 3-1 we have a one goal lead overall

Villalpando picks up a knock but I can't replace him with any of the subs so he will stay on.

Full time we scrape the Mexican Super Cup 5-4 on aggregate great first game poor second game but we did deserve to win it overall. Fortunately neither Lozano and Villalpando's knocks will cause them to miss any training.
View attachment 238427We almost throw away the Mexican Super Cup Sobis late goal in the first leg takes on even more importance as it was a one goal win.View attachment 238426Pleased to have my first piece of silverware with Tigres the first of many I hope.

Another offer comes in this one for Rodriguez it was rejectedView attachment 238420

We had good news despite interest from Premier League our players were happy to sign new contracts.View attachment 238419View attachment 238418View attachment 238417
It is pleasing to see that players are willing to stay in Mexico despite interest from abroad and I hope it is a trend that continues.

I realized that I forgot to explain how relegation works in the Liga MX it shouldn't effect us but it is still important. You are relegated based on the average number of points you earn per game over the past three years, or less if you have just been promoted. We are eighth on points per game and will be safe from relegation, or if we aren't I will not have a job.

Up against Atlas season opener it is a match that I expect us to record a win and start the league with three points. Here are the lineups.
View attachment 238416
We had a great chance after 8 mins Gignac in on goal but, was called offside and his shot was saved anyway.

32 minutes in Alvarez comes off injured, Sobis replaces him.

Half time nil nil the players are getting frustrated as Atlante sit deep and we can't break them down

Just after half time we had a free kick that was cleared they tried to counter but, it was stopped a long ball was played up to Damm it was a footrace between Damm and his man. Damm got to the ball way ahead of his man put the ball on a plate for Uche who tapped it in at the far post his first goal for Tigres but Damm did all the hard work. We lead after 49 minutes.

Almost an instant equalizer Ayala takes an awful touch their striker runs on to but hits his shot to close to Guzman who tips it behind for the corner.

Just before the hour mark I took off Gignac as he picked up a knock Carreno replaces him.

Carreno plays super sub Dios wins the ball and gives it Sobios he turns his man and plays in Carreno who smashed a low shot past the keeper. With a two goal lead we should see the last eighteen minutes of the game out easily.

I put Pizarro on for Dios who had been on a booking for a while after 75 minutes.

Full time: A good win over a team we were expected to beat I just hope the injuries aren't bad.
View attachment 238415
I also decided to rescind the loan deal that we had for Esqueda with Pachuca. He plays as an AMR and I would rather that Damm and Lozano get the game time as they aren't much worse and have far better potential. Along with actually being owned fully by the club.

Forgot to add that both players are fine and won't miss a day

Last edited:
Great start! Have you seen Jorge Espericueta anywhere? Not sure which Mexican team he plays for but he's young and looks top quality!

We announced our season ticket sales 35000 have bought one given that our stadium holds 42,000 people I expect it to be full every game.

Also, this is a bit of an aside but, I was looking at Carlos Fierro and his goals to game ratio is awful for a striker surprised he plays so much unless he gets a ton of assists but that isn't the type of striker he is in FMView attachment 238410

Onto the game though Pumas are a decent side so we will need to be at our best to beat them especially away.
View attachment 238409
Pumas almost score on the counter, we have a free kick they clear it. A great back heel helping them move forward. Lopez got himself wide and unmarked received the ball in the box but Guzman saved from a tight angle. Almost behind after fifteen minutes.

We take the lead just after the half hour mark when Sobris gets free down the wing he hits a cross in and Lozano is at the far post unmarked and volleys the ball in from two yards out. 1-0

Half time I'm pleased with the one goal lead and everyone is playing well.

We double our lead seconds after half time we win a corner Sobis whips it in Ayala gets the near post flick on and Rodriguez heads the ball in at the far post.

Pumas again almost grab a goal on the counter Sosa is played in on goal Guzman pulls off a great save before their midfielder blasts the rebound over from just outside the box. Almost lost the two goal lead.

We punish their mistake from the goal kick. The front four all combine to score. Lozano plays the ball to Uche after a good run he knocks the ball Sobis and his cross is turned in by Gignac. 3-0 after 52 minutes.

Pumas miss another great chance after a nice move Cabrera firing over from close range finishing has been the difference so far.

4-0 route one stuff a goal kick is flicked on by Gignac he then gets to the ball first and passes to Uche who slams the ball into an empty net. With twenty two minutes left the game should be over.

Carreno replaces Uche and Aquino comes on for Lozano.

Carreno should have scored another goal late on he was played in as we countered he was in on goal with room to try anything but he fired his shot right at the keeper.

Gignac picked up a late knock so I subbed him for Escoto.

Sobis then picked up a knock with seconds left in the game.

We won four nil but the gloss could be taken off of the win if either of the injuries are serious.
View attachment 238408
Gignac will be fine but Sobis will miss two to three weeks so it could have been better or worse.View attachment 238407

Ever feel like you can guess what is going to happen that is what I felt when I saw these emails.View attachment 238381View attachment 238380It was clear he wanted to leave I checked his stats he had decent potential but, hadn't played well so far still a player I would prefer to keep. That wasn't to happen thoughView attachment 238379I then rejected the bid as it didn't meet his value he didn't agree and demanded to leave which allowed as I have no room for players who aren't loyal to the club.

However, instead of Florence with it's lovely architecture nice temperatures and Italian women he would be going elsewhere
View attachment 238378

or the picturesque and also quite warm Monterrey with the lovely Latin ladies he was off to...

View attachment 238377
Sunderland average weather cold, windy and wet and with less Latin ladies and lots of 1960's council architectureView attachment 238371
View attachment 238370I can replace him as he was foreign and leaving has freed up a foreign registration spot that can be filled and the transfer window is open for foreign clubs

Think he was a CM, but if you're using a newer database then could be him. I looked him up and I think it's the same guy
Just checked again and he is a CM I have a few players of similar potential and a few that should be better but he looks good currently on loan at Santos Laguna. May add a CM to the formation once he comes back as then we would have enough depth there if he improves a bitView attachment 238369He is doing well on loan 3 games 1 goal 7.27 rating

Last edited:
Nice results so far hopefully get a high seed for the cup

We travel to Mexico City to face Club America, predicted to win the league. It will be the toughest match of the season.View attachment 238367
Oribe Peralta will be the danger man an experienced striker who has scored 16 goals for Mexico

Cagey opening neither team taking any risks

We concede after half an hour we have a free kick that is booted clear. The keeper races out beats their striker to the ball out wide but he kicks the ball right to Peralta thirty yards out right in front of goal he scores.

Half time Lozano looks tired and hasn't been great, Jurgen Damm replaces him.

We should equalize Damm wins a free kick after being tripped. It is taken quickly to Gignac and he splits the defense with a pass to Uche but, he smacks his shot right at the keeper. We have had far more possession and shots but, can't score.

This time Gignac fires over from a good position Torres Nilo and Villalpando had done well to set him up.

Carrenco replaces Rios and goes up top while Torres Duenas and will play as a CM as we chase the game.

We don't succeed and succumb to a 1-0 defeat with Guzman's poor kick costing us alongside some poor finishing from the front men. A disappointing first league defeat but, away to the team predicted to win the league will never be easy.View attachment 238365Got some bad injury news after the game a promising player broke his leg in a youth game and will miss five to six months.View attachment 238364

We move on to the Mexican Cup the rules are top two teams qualify you play each team twice and you get a bonus point for winning on aggregate against a team.

Nexaca are one of the promotion favourites so are a potential banana skin for us
View attachment 238360
An early chance Damm leaves two defenders grasping in his wake but then shoots when he should have crossed but he will learn.

Half time nil nil my expensive strikers are struggling

Damm leaves defenders trailing again and the cross is poor it is cleared long and disaster the CB's fail to communicate and both leave the ball fortunately the striker fired his shot just wide.

At the hour I pull off Uche and Gignac who have ratings of 6.3 and 6.2 they have been poor.

76 mins left back Torres Nilo is forced off due to injury if he is out for long it will be a big blow.

81st Guerron who came on for Gignac fires a header right at the goalie it was a chance for sure.

We score right after as we win the ball from the punt clear some nice passing around the box before Guerron is tackled and the ball rolls into the box. Damm gets to it first and smacks a first time shot past the goalie we lead late on.

We grab a 92nd minute goal as Escoto heads an Alvarez goal into the corner.

A good win some late goals that we deserved to score but, Torres Nilo's injury is a concern.
View attachment 238358
Torres Nilo will miss two weeks with a twisted knee a blow but, it could be worseView attachment 238357We also sold Burbano to Genoa for 1.6 million he is worth more than that but, I wanted to sell him as he wasn't registered so I wanted to get rid of his wages.View attachment 238356