Yeah, out of those three who in their right mind would pick Sunderland? (6)

Good read so far! I never know whether to love or hate the Latin American leagues with their weird tournament structures and crazy fixture schedules, but Mexico isn't as extreme as South America in that regard. And you seem to be coping just fine... :)

Yeah, out of those three who in their right mind would pick Sunderland? (6)

Good read so far! I never know whether to love or hate the Latin American leagues with their weird tournament structures and crazy fixture schedules, but Mexico isn't as extreme as South America in that regard. And you seem to be coping just fine... :)
Sunderland offered the most money to me and I'm sure he gets paid well.

As for the rules Mexico still has some odd ones but the fixtures are twice a week so depth is key. Seems to be going well so far thanks for reading.

We played last place Jaguares and I expected an easy win. Hopefully without injury.View attachment 238278

We scored inside a minute Rios set up Lozano his shot was parried and Uche scored the rebound the perfect start.

They nearly equalized after 28 minutes their winger with a shot that was well saved by Guzman and the rebound was put behind for a corner.

We then scored a great team goal in the 38th minute. Lozano played a ball up to Uche he beat a man before passing to Gignac he passed the ball out to Villalpando. He crossed the ball in and Lozano headed it down for Uche to half volley past the keeper.

Uche then almost completed his hat trick before half time. We countered after gaining possession Uche playing the ball to Gignac out wide he passed to Villalpando on the overlap he crossed it in and Uche's shot hit the underside of the bar and bounced over the line but he was called offside

At half time I decided to give Abella, the young right back I signed from Santos Laguna, his debut.

Uche had his hat trick five minutes later. Villalpando and Solis combined well down the left and Uche guided home Solis' low cross.

At the hour mark I replaced Uche and Lozano with Escoto and Aquino both had played well but, had low fitness due to some bad challenges.

We should have added another goal after 80 minutes Duenas stole the ball and passed to Gignac he beat a man and passed to Escoto who was in on goal but, he blasted his shot over.

At full time a good three nil win and no injuries for the first time in a bit. Uche looked great as did Lozano who assisted two. Uche had four shots and all were goals but one was called back for offside.View attachment 238279

I also found my replacement for Pizarro a player I used a few times in FM14 but, haven't used in FM15View attachment 238277Argentinian Gaston Gil Romero will slot into the midfield and hopefully dictate possession when we have the ball and win it back when we don't.

I had agreed to sell Rivas as he wanted a new challenge and I wanted to get rid of his wages. I had accepted an 300,000 pound offer and would pay 4k a week towards his wages then I saw this
View attachment 238276Adding the 5.75k a week meant that I would save 500 pounds a week so the deal was cancelled.

Had an two offers to loan Duenas neither were even willing to pay more than 30% of his wages. Don't know why they thought that I would accept.View attachment 238234
Mexican cup vs Altamira is a game that we should win comfortably.View attachment 238247
We lead after 14 seconds Villalpando makes a run down the left wing and crosses in. Uche volleys the ball in from close range. We lead after 14 seconds.

Chance for Altamira to equalize from the spot as Duenas trips one of their players in the box right after kickoff. It may have been harsh. They score it into the corner. 1-1

We retake the lead five minutes later a Lozano cross hits a defender and goes in.

We lead at half time and Carreno replaces Gignac.

We score as our two centre backs combine after 53 minutes. Juninho whips in a free kick Ayala heads it onto the underside of the bar and it bounces over.

They have a free kick in a similar area. In it goes and they get a penalty for something that I couldn't see. Keeper guesses the wrong way. 3-2

68 minutes Viniegras replaces Rios

They have a free kick outside the box we clear it but they press their striker turns his man and is in on goal. Ayala makes a great tackle, and the ref doesn't give a penalty when they have the ball in the box. Miracles do happen.

Villalpando picks up a knock after 86 minutes.

A good win made harder by a annoying referee. Hope Villalpando is okay as I'm running low on left wingers.
View attachment 238242
Villalpando was fine. Uche set a record for the fastest goal in the Mexican CupView attachment 238232

We host mid table Toluca in a match I expect us to win but, I think it will be close.View attachment 238206

Guzman made a good save after 12 minutes when their striker was in on goal. Guzman tipped his low shot around the post.

Gignac had a chance in the twenty first minute but shot right at the keeper. The game was getting bogged down in central midfield with all the defensive midfielders playing well.

Guzman held a shot well after half an hour he would have been disappointed to let it in. We pushed forward after Gil Romero playing the ball to Alvarez and the diminutive winger beat a couple of men before Gignac's shot from the cross was blocked.

36 minutes another injury to a left midfielder as Alvarez has to come off Lozano is the best replacement but, cannot play as a left winger.

Half time goalless need to find the cutting edge.

Almost a great goal Damm runs past one man and leaves the other looking like a fool as he lunges where Damm was as he waltzed past him the other side but his low shot is tipped behind for a corner.

Close again Gil Romero wins the ball back and gives it to Uche. He holds the ball up before passing to Lozano who's low shot hits the post and goes out. 22 minutes left.

Deadlock broken in the 76th minute. Gignac has a shot blocked and we attack again Lozano gets the ball wide and puts a beautiful cross right on Gignac's Sombrero and he places it in the corner. 1-0

Guzman pulls off a great save to seal the points they get a cross in and their striker volleys it from six yards but Guzman palms the ball away. Vital save.

Full time again leaving it lateish but we got the goal that our play deserved.View attachment 238205
Alvarez was fine and won't miss any game time or training.

I also realised that I forgot to add a screenshot of Gaston Gil Romero's attributesView attachment 238204

I expect a win against Xolos Tijiuana as they aren't having a great season so far.

I forgot to screenshot the line ups but Xolos played a standard 4-4-2

After 5 minutes Uche shot over from a good position Lozano and Rios had done good work to set him up but the finish was well over.

We lead after twelve minutes with Lozano and Uche linking up again. Lozano beats a man passes to Uche who then gives it back to Lozano in space and he slammed a low shot across the goalie and in.

They get a lucky equalizer four minutes later. A shot from the edge of the box is blocked and the ball rolls to their winger who with an open goal hits the post. The ball crosses the line though. 1-1

We retake the lead after 32 minutes. Lozano hits in a cross Gignac volleys it. The keeper saves it but, Villalpando is in the right place to tap home the rebound. Villalpando picked up another knock. Sobis makes his return from injury to replace him.

Half time a narrow lead.

Sobis makes an impact he gets into the box and cuts the ball back to Gignac who scored. 3-1 after 48 minutes.

We grab another with Lozano scoring this time as he taps home the rebound of Juninhos free kick that hit the bar.

62nd minute Torres replaces Rios and Damm replaces Lozano

Xolos have a chance in the 74th minute a free kick gets to the back post but, the centre back fails to make contact with the ball.

What a save by Guzman. Another Xolos free kick is lobbed in. Arango volleys it from twelve yards out but, Guzman somehow gets across to tip the ball away and the rebound is shot into the side netting.

We grab an easy goal in the 88th minute. A free kick is played short and Estrada sees Damm even with a defender and plays a through ball. Damm wins the race to ball and slots his finish past the keeper. 5-1

full time a convincing win Lozano and Damm both looked good as did GuzmanView attachment 238175
On to the Rivas transfer saga I had agreed to sell him to Ciricuma in Brazil then saw this View attachment 238173I have had two smaller bids from Mexican sides so I will negotiate with them and hopefully agree a deal.

Due to Lozano's great performances I extended his contract by a year. I plan on giving him a new one soon as his agent insisted on a release clause of fourteen million pounds which is a bargain for him. View attachment 238172

The end of he transfer saga as Rivas signs for Cruz AzulView attachment 238156

Playing away against a very good Leon side that contains ex Wigan player Mauro Boselli up top. They are one of the leading teams in the division so far.
View attachment 238154
Boselli has the first chance of the match after twenty five minutes but fires his header right at Guzman. Leon win the punt clear and move forward Boselli plays in their AMC but Guzman does well to save his shot.

37 minutes Sobis has to come off injured Gignac will replace him.

We concede in the fortieth minute. A long ball from the keeper bounces over Juninho to put Boselli in on goal. He hits a shot high into the corner to put Leon into the lead.

Half time a goal down.

We failed to create a chance in the second half, but neither did Leon. Our failure to so far beat teams that will most likely be in the later legs of the cup at the end of the season is a concern especially as the board expect me to reach the final. I think to add to the attack I will push one of the defensive midfielders in to a central midfield role as we struggle to create chances against the bigger teams and haven't scored many goals against smaller teams. With the exception of Xolos Tijuana.

View attachment 238152As the first game was short I'm adding the next cup match against Morelia.
View attachment 238151
I tried out the new tactic against Morelia in the Mexican Cup. After our two Super Cup games I don't know what to expect against them.

It seemed to work well as we led inside two minutes. Valipando whipped in a cross and Damm was at the back post and headed the ball into the post it bounced off the other post and Damm got to the ball and knocked it over the line.

We almost doubled our lead after six minutes. Gil Romero had a corner cleared but got the ball back and crossed it in again. Gignac volleyed the ball in but was called offside.

Uche got in on goal after turning his man but he took to long to shoot and was tackled before he could shoot.

Damm was making great runs so far. One of them ended with a great cross to Gignac but, his shot was well tipped over by the keeper.

Gignac had another goal chalked off for offside. Gil Romero played him in and he hit a great finish into the top corner, but he was offside.

Half time a one goal lead but it could and should have been more. Sobis replaces a tired Damm

In the second half we kept control of the ball well and didn't give them any chances as we passed the ball around the midfield but, we didn't create any chances ourselves.

View attachment 238150

Might not be any updates tomorrow as it's exam results day in Scotland so I could be desperately hunting for a place in Uni