Tiki-Taka Spain - Help with development/testing

Xavi. And you should look at and download the Pep guardiola tactic on this forum. It's basically a barca tactic, which is more or less the same as how spain play. Would be a good place to start as it has high posession rates; then just work on individual positions like ramos as you mentioned.

Last edited:
For me, any Tiki-Taka tactic that fails to get Xavi to make 100 passes is a failure in itself, and is not a true Tiki-Taka replication.

For me, any Tiki-Taka tactic that fails to get Xavi to make 100 passes is a failure in itself, and is not a true Tiki-Taka replication.

It isnt replica yet I was for more help developing it first before valling it a replica

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

Ok for V3 im working on getting Xavi and Alonso 90 + pass according to some statistics I found about player stats for spain against holland and Xavi and Alonso both had 90+ and Busquets got 70+ so any pointers Xavi is advance playmaker role support he already my playmaker he is on the shortest passing Im using retain possession, pass to feet and work into box.

It isnt replica yet I was for more help developing it first before valling it a replica

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

Ok for V3 im working on getting Xavi and Alonso 90 + pass according to some statistics I found about player stats for spain against holland and Xavi and Alonso both had 90+ and Busquets got 70+ so any pointers Xavi is advance playmaker role support he already my playmaker he is on the shortest passing Im using retain possession, pass to feet and work into box.

Yeah, advanced playmaker support is the best way to play Xavi, because it replicates real life the most accurately. Let me know if you hit 100 passes man. How did you distribute creative freedom between players? The tempo and width are correct. You should push ramos up to wingback support, I think, because he is involved in a lot of the attacking play. In fact, I think you should consider pushing capdevilla up as well but wiht a defense duty. let me know how those changes go. They should result in higher possession.

Last edited:
. How did you distribute creative freedom between players?

Creative Freedom I think more disciplined or Default so the player will listen to your instructions more but I have been thinking of doing a sort of 5x5 theory on creative freedom.

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

World Cup 2010: Fernando Torres turning into the Spanish Emile Heskey
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2010/jun/28/world-cup-2010-fernando-torres-spain
just read this and ill fit it in V3 how I dont think torres is a target man so I think a False nine would be better do we agree that a Deep lying Forward is a False nine

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

give me a break 44 again jesus were am i going to find another 56 passes from

View attachment 123215
After 9 hours yes 9 hours of tweaking adapting moving players reading articles I still cannot get any of the midfielders to get to get 90+ passes.

Please can people give me some advice

View attachment 123215
After 9 hours yes 9 hours of tweaking adapting moving players reading articles I still cannot get any of the midfielders to get to get 90+ passes.

Please can people give me some advice

Honestly, I don't think it's possible in FM11. I've been trying for the past month to make the perfect Barcelona tactic, and I've succeeded for the most part. The only shortcoming is not getting Xavi to hit 100 passes.

Honestly, I don't think it's possible in FM11. I've been trying for the past month to make the perfect Barcelona tactic, and I've succeeded for the most part. The only shortcoming is not getting Xavi to hit 100 passes.
Honestly, I think the number of passes made is a bit overrated. It is the quality of the passes and whether those passes are penetrating is what matters. But you are probably right. I don't know if it is possible to emulate these kinds of tactics perfectly in FM. Yet anyway. Perhaps in FM12?

Last edited:
What about Pep guardiola tactic tactic thats got xavi with 100 passes hundred but when I tested it I got 35

Honestly, I think the number of passes made is a bit overrated. It is the quality of the passes and whether those passes are penetrating is what matters. But you are probably right. I don't know if it is possible to emulate these kinds of tactics perfectly in FM. Yet anyway. Perhaps in FM12?

I really hope so. It's a shame, because it was possible in FM10, but not in this one.

---------- Post added at 05:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 AM ----------

What about Pep guardiola tactic tactic thats got xavi with 100 passes hundred but when I tested it I got 35

When I asked that guy how he got Xavi to 100 he didn't give a direct answer and kind of branched off into something else. Afterwards, when someone else interrogated him about it, he said that he can only get him to do 50 or 60 passes. This leads me to believe that the screencap he posted of Xavi with more than 100 passes was from a game with a red card or something.

I really hope so. It's a shame, because it was possible in FM10, but not in this one.

---------- Post added at 05:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 AM ----------

When I asked that guy how he got Xavi to 100 he didn't give a direct answer and kind of branched off into something else. Afterwards, when someone else interrogated him about it, he said that he can only get him to do 50 or 60 passes. This leads me to believe that the screencap he posted of Xavi with more than 100 passes was from a game with a red card or something.

No offence to the guy who made it but I was wondering about that it seems for me I could only get between 40-46 passing even playing very slow

---------- Post added at 05:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 AM ----------

Also read that once your team has blended it could be possible

No offence to the guy who made it but I was wondering about that it seems for me I could only get between 40-46 passing even playing very slow

---------- Post added at 05:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 AM ----------

Also read that once your team has blended it could be possible

I'm pretty sure the guy was bullshitting. He never answered any of my questions, and I asked him on two different occasions.

and where did you read that?

Barcelona showed a great example of what players who have played together for years can do together. Each know each others movement well and able to pass the ball well. For the 5th time this season Xavi completed over 100 passes.

Within Football Manager 2011 when you have a team well blended, this not only allows them to play well together in your chosen tactics, but for those who want to play a more fluid tactics, or ones based on good position and team work team blend can be vital.
http://www.fmpundit.com/2010/strategy/learn-el-classico/
Not saying it will but it may increase passing

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

Interesting to find out how many passes people have got out xavi/other playmakers

http://www.fmpundit.com/2010/strategy/learn-el-classico/
Not saying it will but it may increase passing

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

Interesting to find out how many passes people have got out xavi/other playmakers

I doubt team blend makes much of a difference, because on my Barcelona save, the team is extremely well blended, but I have never gotten 100 passes. The best I ever got was 71.

I doubt team blend makes much of a difference, because on my Barcelona save, the team is extremely well blended, but I have never gotten 100 passes. The best I ever got was 71.

Thats alot better then me