muhammadrizka

Reaction score
Hei folks! Just wanna share my tactic experiment about possession-based (again). As the following great article: How to build a possession philosophy without copying Barcelona or Spain from @TPiMBW.

Important part in this philosophy, is not about passing, not about pressing. It is all about movement and positioning. So, like barcelona do, they enjoying possession because of the fluidity movement/positioning between the player.

View attachment 365231

View attachment 365232
*picture from eplindex.com

It is possible to build a dynamic formation into FM ME?

So I try to re-create and implemented into FM2013 ME. I'm using Swansea City until 3rd season.

Result:
View attachment 365428

Always end at 2nd position. Not bad, because my attention is more about tactic.

This my tactic picture from one match:

View attachment 365141

View attachment 365142

View attachment 365143

From those picture, #1 and #2 showing that I have 3 CB and 2 WB. But in fact, my formation is 4-3-3 dynamic (4-1-2-2-1/4-5-1). The Busquet role: my DMc as my passer, coming back more deeper to collect the ball and two WB moving forward to support attacking. That movement makes my 4-3-3 formation transform into 3-4-3 or 5-4-1 with attacking WB.
Picture #3, the attacking third create false 9 shape and DMc push forward fill his primary duty to support middle third.

Players needed:
- the intelegent DMc and 2 composed CB
- 2 playmaker type or good on playmaker attribute with PPM comes deep, in MC position.
- 2 dribbler with good pace, in AML/R position.

My Players stats:

View attachment 365164

View attachment 365175

View attachment 365176

The formation:

View attachment 365180

After all, this not winning-tactic. Just another boring possession tactic with attractive players movement and passing in the process build attack and creating chances.
Any feed back always appreciated. I'll upload more picture if necessary. Thanks :)

============================================================================

Download:

Swansea 2.2.tac

Last edited:
What's the goals against like? Looks a good tactic, will probably give it a try tomorrow.

What type of striker would you recommend? Looks like you've had great success with Graham, so an all rounder?

I'm having massive success with this tactic, particularly in home games. In response to the above posters question, my strikers are Osvaldo and Gabbiadini both of which have smashed in the goals. I would suggest an all rounder as the wingers tend to float crosses in on occasion so a striker with good heading attributes would be good. I also recommend finding a cm with the gets forward whenever possible trait, mine seems to score in bundles.

Thanks for a great tactic!

Interesting tactic. Going to give this a bash. What about playmaker/target man? Striker as target man?

What type of striker would you recommend? Looks like you've had great success with Graham, so an all rounder?
Similiar with Graham. Good workrate. I tried Michu into striker position, but isn't working.

I'm having massive success with this tactic, particularly in home games. In response to the above posters question, my strikers are Osvaldo and Gabbiadini both of which have smashed in the goals. I would suggest an all rounder as the wingers tend to float crosses in on occasion so a striker with good heading attributes would be good. I also recommend finding a cm with the gets forward whenever possible trait, mine seems to score in bundles.

Thanks for a great tactic!
Thanks for feedback :)

Gonna give this ok, but gotta say if only every OP looked like that, its an immense piece of work sir,

This tactic is genius! My Swansea side hit a huge slump of form about 10 games in, we were 19th and I couldn't do anything about it and I was predicted to get sacked any minute. I wanted Swansea to play possession football but we just couldn't, I tried my own tactic, downloaded other tactics, nothing worked.

Then I downloaded this tactic and now we have 60+ possession every game, dominating shots, and brought me back up to 12th spot in just 12 games! We even got the semis of the Capital One Cup (haven't played semis yet) and we are in the first round of knockout stage in the EURO Cup!

Thankyou so much for this tactic or I wouldn't have a job at Swansea anymore!

One thing I recommend though is getting Djibril Cisse on free transfer for the first year, and getting Taarabt and playing Dyer on the right as much as possible.

This tactic is genius! My Swansea side hit a huge slump of form about 10 games in, we were 19th and I couldn't do anything about it and I was predicted to get sacked any minute. I wanted Swansea to play possession football but we just couldn't, I tried my own tactic, downloaded other tactics, nothing worked.

Then I downloaded this tactic and now we have 60+ possession every game, dominating shots, and brought me back up to 12th spot in just 12 games! We even got the semis of the Capital One Cup (haven't played semis yet) and we are in the first round of knockout stage in the EURO Cup!

Thankyou so much for this tactic or I wouldn't have a job at Swansea anymore!

One thing I recommend though is getting Djibril Cisse on free transfer for the first year, and getting Taarabt and playing Dyer on the right as much as possible.
Yes, Dyer is my messi

general training balanced/average - Match Preparation attacking 30 per

yes or no ?