Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register

Time to 'scrap' transfer window

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
English football wants to do away with the January transfer window", says League Managers' Association chief Richard Bevan.

More...

Reaction score
total bollocks !!! without it, there will be no more drama :(

Max

Reaction score
I agree. It's the most annoying thing if your best player gets taken off your hands in the middle of the season and there's no real replacements available (In FM and IRL terms). Keep it to one window in the Summer.

Reaction score
but its no fun only having one window every season, nothing bad or good about the Jan Transfer window

Reaction score
To be fair Football is the only business in the world where you can buy new assets or sell your current assets within windows.

Like a glove!
Reaction score
Imagine one constant window, that would be nuts.

#THFC
Reaction score
Not bothered either way really. I do find the windows exciting, but Tottenham are the kind of club that get their players poached on a regular basis, so...

*shrug*

Reaction score
Be interesting if the window was only 1 / 2 days long , it would never happen but imagine the constant rush to sign anybody and everybody?

Like a glove!
Reaction score
Either this is sarcasm or you are about 12 years old...? XD
It was sarcasm. :$

But I like two windows, it's given us something to look forward to half way through the season. If this is scrapped, what will happen about loans and frees, will they run throughout the season?

Reaction score
teams need it to bring in cover for Injured players...
teams need it to bring in revenue from players having a good season... (smaller clubs) then use that money to reinvest into the club or squad..

we need it as fans... even though United are pretty **** boring...

Toffeepops are incredible
Reaction score
I liked the old way - only time you couldn't buy a player was March to June (business end of season)

Premium Member (andid1)
Reaction score
Not bothered either way really. I do find the windows exciting, but Tottenham are the kind of club that get their players poached on a regular basis, so...

*shrug*
Do feel sorry for these really small clubs when they get their players poached ;)

Seriously though, I wouldn't be bothered either way.