Time Travel? Einstein was wrong?

• Thread starter Thread starter Blynd1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 79
  • Views Views 8K
B

Blynd1

Ok, this week CERN did a crazy descovery... Well, just read this! I am totally amused so i can't really explaing everything here... They dont know if it's real or not yet, they don't know if they are right or not... But this could be one of the greatest discoverys of all time...

BBC News - Speed-of-light results under scrutiny at Cern

Particles found to break speed of light | Reuters

If you want to know more check this videos.

[video=youtube;s6NABifPgjo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6NABifPgjo&feature=channel_video_title[/video]

[video=youtube;WpFN-WpSwOU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpFN-WpSwOU&feature=channel_video_title[/video]

It's either one of the biggest breakthroughs in science history, or they've got it SLIGHTLY wrong.

I'm voting the latter, since half the physics we know would be destroyed by this. Either way, isn't this exciting!

Exactly man! I couldn't even explain it here , i was so freaking excited, this is amazing! They checked everything a few times and they haven't see nothing wrong... If this is true... Holy ****...

Exactly man! I couldn't even explain it here , i was so freaking excited, this is amazing! They checked everything a few times and they haven't see nothing wrong... If this is true... Holy ****...

they are going to re-check it again and again. Not surprisingly, as this would change sooooooo much. If this turns out to be true, it will be unbelievable!

they are going to re-check it again and again. Not surprisingly, as this would change sooooooo much. If this turns out to be true, it will be unbelievable!

IK mate.. But well, this happened 3 years ago and they just said it now, because they already checked it so many times... They will repeat the entire thing again... It might take a while , but well, if this really turns out to be true... It proofs we know nothing... And everything in "our" reality will change sooooo much.

I don't see it changing all that much, it just means there's more to work out... which is hardly surprising.

We've been well aware of the possibility of this for about a decade or more now, but it's only been unproven theories.
Fingers crossed it's true and dawns another era of study towards more unknown.

this will total change everything, even the physics book that i love. heeh. :wub:

well im starting higher physics btw, and our teach did say something about this, and told it done in subatomic nature blah ............ idk, too hard to explain. :P

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

Einstein's not wrong. its just another discovery in the making !

First the LHC objective and this, gonna change the reality of Science.

He could be if this is actually true.. According to him nothing could be faster thn the speed of light.

but doesn't mean he a joke oO) in the world of physics then.

i can accept tough, but thats life , nothing is always right. im pretty sure u heard about dark matter too. same thing

He could be if this is actually true.. According to him nothing could be faster thn the speed of light.

Well, for the factors that were available to him at the time, yes, Einey is right.
Now he's probably "was right", and maybe soon he'll be proven wrong.

Then we can all divide by zero.

What i mean is, Einstein was right for his time, and he probably has more.. right "to claim the prize" thn all of us , because nowadays we have tons of technology. But well, if he is proven wrong... He's still a genious.

I still claim phooey that much will change.

I'll be me, you'll stay as you, the sun will rise and fall and the world will continue to spin on the back of four elephants pearched on a giant turtle.

Fine, a fair whack of understanding may head rapidly out the window...

Back