Time Travel? Einstein was wrong?

• Thread starter Thread starter Blynd1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 79
  • Views Views 8K
The simple problem I can see with time travel is quite simply why people in the future haen't come back to tell us. For that reason I think it's impossible :P

... maybe the speed attainable that is faster than light is only minimally quicker for time travel and therefore be pointless.

ie. 1 year of travel at speed would only equate to a minute.

The simple problem I can see with time travel is quite simply why people in the future haen't come back to tell us. For that reason I think it's impossible :P

Theres alot of theories on time travel explaining why people in the future has not came back into the past. Watched it on discovery channel. lol.

Anyway,i wouldnt be surprised if this was true. We are just 1 speck of dust(maybe smaller) in the universe,to say that as of right now we know everything about the universe is just plain dumb. Humans discover things throughout our history. People thought the earth was flat. People think that traveling by flying is impossible. Its discovering stuffs like this that help us understand how the universe and physics works to better and improve on our current technology,medicine etc.

Chances are it will be proven then pushed under the blanket so everything stays the same.

One of the theorys that explains this is, they'd have to come back to the exact day, the exact second, we are here.. What i mean is, if they come back to a second after this reality we will never see them, they'd have to come in an exact moment, and so, there's like a reaaaaaaaaaaaaally small probability from us to see people from the future since there are billions of seconds after and before our reality, and to see us, they'd have to have epic precision.

Last edited:
Chances are it will be proven then pushed under the blanket so everything stays the same.

This is science, not religion.

Cool time to start a Physics degree. :)

Most likely experimental error. If it's true then it means the neutrino's arrived before they were even sent, which is pretty cool. :)

There's no physical laws denying the possibility of time travel. But, just because it's theoretically possible to build a machine, that's very different to it being an achievable goal, since, should Einstein's laws remain in tact and this is all systematic errors, it requires an infinite amount of energy to break the light speed barrier.

Also, time travel has already been witnessed in the cases of time slowing down. We have observed particles with a known decay time, that spent much longer in their form before decaying when travelling at high velocity. Hawking has also theorised that if you enter orbit around a black hole at a precise angle and velocity, then you could remain in orbit in a spaceship before the event horizon, and use the gravitational pull to accelerate, IIRC you'd age something like 1/4 slower.

And for time travel to be possible, it also requires the multiverse theory to be correct in order to solve the numerous paradoxes. For instance, if you go back in time and kill your grandfather, it questions your existence, but this is solved by applying the fact that you would exist in a parallel universe when you time travel, so although you kill someone exactly like your grandfather, it isn't your actual grandfather.

What i mean is, Einstein was right for his time, and he probably has more.. right "to claim the prize" thn all of us , because nowadays we have tons of technology. But well, if he is proven wrong... He's still a genious.

Einstein is still right in parts. E=mc^2 is still being used to calculate nuclear energy etc. although holding the speed of light as a limit has been a cornerstone of classical physics, so it'd be pretty huge if it's wrong.

View attachment 196279Now whether or not this gif is true, I cant say, but apparently Tesla foresaw this happening, but it never made big news! However this pic from reddit is the only place I have found this quote, so its reliability is questionable.

To be fair, if Tesla said it, I'll freaking believe him. That man is a god. Almost literally.

My favourite Tesla moment was when he accidentally ripped a New York street apart because of his experiments. When the police came to see what was going on, he told them he reckoned he could tear the Earth in two if he wanted. Nobody dared him.

Tesla God!!!

i remember the game in Red Alert 2 , use Tesla units to electrify the Eiffel tower. *MUhahahahah

6.jpg
Paris_Tower_as_a_Tesla_tower2.jpg

It is quite worrying that most people only know Tesla's name because of Tesla Coils in Red Alert.

I knew the name from A Level physics, something to do with magnetism if i remember correctly? Named in honour of him posthumously rather than by Tesla himself discovering it? May be wrong though

It is quite worrying that most people only know Tesla's name because of Tesla Coils in Red Alert.

lol GC, i first head about Niko Tesla, and i was abit young to understand all that stuff (like i only knew half of it) then around the same time i was into the RA2 game, and the same word came, Tesla Army :P

I knew the name from A Level physics, something to do with magnetism if i remember correctly? Named in honour of him posthumously rather than by Tesla himself discovering it? May be wrong though

More to do with electricity, a kind of transformer circuit. Tesla did invent it IIRC, but I don't think you use it for anything really.

i'm thick so what will happen if Einstein was proved wrong?

Back