Timmsy's Barcelona Tactic v1 (Testers Required)

timmsy123

Reaction score
Alright guys, Timmsy123 here. Just thought I would share with a tactic I recently created and tried to perfect with my Barcelona team. I know people have tried to create a 'perfect' Barca tactic which is almost life like, however the ME doesn't really allow that to happen. I have therefore tried to emulate Barca's real life tactic as best I can, whilst also trying to be successful and beat the ME.

First of all let me start with the results:

View attachment 124753
View attachment 124754
View attachment 124755
View attachment 124756
View attachment 124757

Now, what is this amazing tactic I hear you ask :p?

View attachment 124758

It is a simple 4-5-1 much like Barcelona play.

GK - Sweeper Keeper (Support)
RB - Full Back (Support)
LB - Full Back (Support)
RCB - Centre Back (Support)
LCB - Ball-Playing Defender (Support)
DM - Defensive Midfielder (Defend)
CMR - Ball-Winning/DL Playmaker/Box-to-box (Support)
CML - Advanced Playmaker (Attack)
AMR - Inside Forward (Attack)
AML - Inside Forward (Attack)
STR - Poacher (Attack)

The CMR role is inter-changeable depending on the type of player you have playing there, I haven't noticed any difference in the teams play no matter which of the 3 roles the CMR plays.

Once the match has started I pause the game straight away and put TI's to 'Retain possession', 'Pass to feet' and 'Work ball into box'.

OI's I leave to assistant.
Team talks left to assistant.

N.B. Make sure you use it for all friendly's, set Match Preparation to Team Blend and workload high until team is fluid in all areas, once it is set the workload to low and change it to attacking movement.

This is very much a plug and play tactic. I would advise you not to make any changes other than the role of the CMR.

Full season Average's (Per Game):
Possession - 55.3%
Shots On Target - 6.8
CCC's - 4

NB - This is for league games only.

I'd love people to text this out for me and let me know how they get on, any feedback would be much appreciated!

TACTIC ->> View attachment 124759

Timmsy123
x

Last edited:
As with most "Barcelona" tactics i reserve judgment until your tactic is tested by a less imposing team.

Pretty sure Barca can win anything with one of the default formations.

Anyways ill follow this anyway, you have put a lot of effort in

As with most "Barcelona" tactics i reserve judgment until your tactic is tested by a less imposing team.

Pretty sure Barca can win anything with one of the default formations.

Anyways ill follow this anyway, you have put a lot of effort in

You can, but you may not have a +80 something goal difference and get 100pts, hence why I'd like this to be tested. The players it requires means it does require decent players so wouldn't recommend it for any team below top half Championship (England)

Not really a Barcelona tactic if i'm honest, purely for the fact you don't dominate possession.
& the ME does allow for that to happen :)

Not really a Barcelona tactic if i'm honest, purely for the fact you don't dominate possession.
& the ME does allow for that to happen :)

Sorry mate but you're basing that on 2 games. If you want me to work at the possession average over the season I can do that for you and I am sure it will be closer to 60 than 50.

Full season
Possession - 55.3%
Average Shots On Target - 6.8
Average CCC's - 4

2nd game testing with Dundee Utd...

View attachment 124777

View attachment 124778

3rd game
View attachment 124779

next match
View attachment 124780

Last edited:
do you think your tac is gonna work with a team like porto or a team like this?

do you think your tac is gonna work with a team like porto or a team like this?

It's worked with Barca and it's working with Dundee mate who are completely different in quality. Porto are a top side so I'd say it would definitely work!

Barcelona enjoys at least 65% possession every match. For your tactic to be called a "replica", that has to be achieved. And of course Xavi has to complete over 100 passes a game, but that is impossible in FM11...

Sorry mate but you're basing that on 2 games. If you want me to work at the possession average over the season I can do that for you and I am sure it will be closer to 60 than 50.

Full season
Possession - 55.3%
Average Shots On Target - 6.8
Average CCC's - 4

2nd game testing with Dundee Utd...

View attachment 124777

View attachment 124778

3rd game
View attachment 124779

next match
View attachment 124780

WTF are dundee doing in he prem

The team thats in your SS with lukaku as single forward, did your play with him there from the very first season?

can you show me your transfer history on the first season?

The team thats in your SS with lukaku as single forward, did your play with him there from the very first season?

Rotated with Villa.

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

He must have put Dundee in the prem to test the tactic there as it was useless in testing in a **** league like the SPL

Dundee Utd have always been a SPL side. I see your confusion, the Liverpool game was a friendly.

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

can you show me your transfer history on the first season?

Transfers for Barca or Dundee?

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

pitch size?

Largest available.

Last edited:
how to play away games losed directly against a bader team

What Xavi's passing like as it doesnt look like a very good Bacrelona tactic at all..................